"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #371
Everymom

What did you name our wee beasties vitauta? Domino and ??? I like Domino. Perfect for him. Our little girl is a bit of a heathen but Domino is quite the lap sitter. He snuggled me right into a nap this afternoon. I MAY have drooled a bit on my book. Sorry.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #372
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Hey Everybody. Let's give a warm welcome to Tim and Al. Al is the one dressed in a plaid shirt .

On the way over we had a chance to chat about the project and share some ideas. Tim suggested that we ask the group for their suggestions since this is a community project. The floor is open for suggestions. This whole thing is about and for all of us so let us hear from you.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #373
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Hey Everybody. Let's give a warm welcome to Tim and Al. Al is the one dressed in a plaid shirt .

On the way over we had a chance to chat about the project and share some ideas. Tim suggested that we ask the group for their suggestions since this is a community project. The floor is open for suggestions. This whole thing is about and for all of us so let us hear from you.

The floor is open??? You didn't let Tim have a pry bar did you?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #374
Chef Extraordinaire

Vit, my daughter has a calico cat named Cookie. There was a round black area rug in front of the couch. Now Cookie stays upstairs on the second floor most of the time. Even her food dishes and litter box are up there. Occasionally she comes downstairs and jumps up on the couch. But when she wanted to get down off the couch she would start howling and raising cane. She was afraid of the black rug. She thought it was a hole. My daughter would have to go and pick her up and put her down on the floor far away from the black rug. Silly cat! My daughter had to get rid of the rug.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #375
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
well, what do you think, alix? what is your expanded vision for this coffee palace, now that tim and al have brought the special "tools" and their unique skills completely at our disposal? we're talking beyond the library, veranda, and firepit/stonehenge setting, now. what do you see happening with the up-to-now undeveloped spaces, lexi?

and what about those four walled-in fireplaces? that central chimney seems a natural starting point for a new direction and expansion of our dream project, no? i hope we don't uncover a dead body or two, hidden away behind these walls, hehehe....

oh, domino has come looking for us. he doesn't suffer being ignored for long. actually, i haven't named either of our kitties. it's just what i'm calling them. domino, dommie, dummy.:) and little sparky, i call her whatever comes to mind--mostly boxxi or just kitty...i figure these two will come when they feel like it, or when they are hungry. they will ignore whatever names i, or anyone else chooses to call them. they are such sweeties, tho--they claimed our hearts, and carved a place here that now belongs to them exclusively.....

i would so love to have a formal dining room...after all, this is a place inhabited by a variety of dcers, born and branded foodies. we could throw parties, have banquets and food festivals, contests and bake-offs here. celebrations of all kinds--weddings, even. the possibilities are endless, really, when you think about it....
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #376
Everymom

Well lets see...

Kitchen/Dining room - I can see us having a lovely reno in here. Pass through counter with stools tucked under to be used as a breakfast bar. I'll let you guys discuss the actual dining area. The kitchen needs to have room for at least 3 of us to work. An island with deep pot drawers and a sink is a must. 2 ovens, because you just KNOW its going to be a gathering place for holiday meals and there is nothing worse than trying to juggle all the sides, main and desserts in one dinky oven. I'd love to see sliding doors out to the deck and patio too. That covered deck is so lovely. I was thinking something like this...ffor the outdoor chefs. That fireplace on the left would actually be more like an ooutdoor pizza oven. I think we could incorporate a smoker section in the middle tthere too.

The kitchen, outdoor area (
Did the hot tub ever get finished?) and the library are going to be my primary haunts, but if there are going to be bunches of us around maybe a really big ballroom for parties might be a good idea.

I think the library could be expanded into a couple of rooms too. Its grown exponentially in the last little while. Do you think Tim and Al could do some of those movable rolling bookcases? So they sort of stack on top of one another to conserve space? Then we could convert that room where we've been sorting books into a reading room. Do the fireplace wall in river rock, put in a few more chair groupings and maybe a big squishy couch? We're right next to the kitchen but I don't think it would be out of line to have a counter with all our coffee supplies in here.

What do you think .40? Can the boys do any of that?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #377
Everymom

Nevermind...I just found the kitchen I think we need.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #378
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Nevermind...I just found the kitchen I think we need.
Oh yeah.

Room for lots of folks to sit and, chop, gab, stir, mix, julienne, whisk, etc.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #379
Executive Chef

Holy Moly, me oh my, alix!! i think you missed your calling.:) you have my vote for being appointed our official events planner. our party-planner--the team leader who organizes all of our functions, alix, and you get to select your own staff. what do you say? isn't this some crazy s---t though? i love it!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #380
Everymom

That glass wall at the end of the dining area needs to be sliding doors to the patio. I can see the covered veranda off to the right of that so that there is room for sun lovers and shade needers.

Do you think the area to the right of the dining area could be expanded to be that area for parties I mentioned?

Thanks for the accolades vit. I just know what I like when I see it!

Tags
coffee