"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #391
Admiral of the Texas Navy

I love the smell of coffee in the morning. I thought I would start your day with a chuckle.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #392
Head Chef

If there's serious cooking to be done, and I think that's a given here, we'll probably need an herb garden -- and a truck garden. Climate's no problem; what the heck -- it all can go under a dome. Plus we can just declare it weed-free at the start and it will be.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #393
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
If there's serious cooking to be done, and I think that's a given here, we'll probably need an herb garden -- and a truck garden. Climate's no problem; what the heck -- it all can go under a dome. Plus we can just declare it weed-free at the start and it will be.

word, tin! we've got the best setup right here since the garden of eden got shut down--best thing since sliced bread, as they say! with the help of our dc gardeners, let's get started with our plantings! tin, what do you say? and where's dawg, and cws when you need 'em? move over, michelle.jk, jk! we got any gardening books in that library of ours....?

thank you .40--i love that so much! loveit,loveit,loveit!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #394
Executive Chef

addie, how are you and the kitties surviving the storm? we miss y'all! well, except for tim, not so much, i guess....:)
Old 02-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #395
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
addie, how are you and the kitties surviving the storm? we miss y'all! well, except for tim, not so much, i guess....:)
The kitties are sitting in the window tryinig to catch the snow flakes every time one lands on a window pane. They are so adorable. When I laid down for a nap, they jumped up on the bed. Every time I wiggled my toes, they thought they had a new toy to play with. So much for that nap. They each have their own bowl for feeding. I gave them a small amount of kitten food. One gobbled hers right down and then tried to push her playmate away so she could eat that too. I picked her up and held her in my lap while the other one finished eating.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #396
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
word, tin! we've got the best setup right here since the garden of eden got shut down--best thing since sliced bread, as they say! with the help of our dc gardeners, let's get started with our plantings! tin, what do you say? and where's dawg, and cws when you need 'em? move over, michelle.jk, jk! we got any gardening books in that library of ours....?

thank you .40--i love that so much! loveit,loveit,loveit!!!
I'll help with the herbs, I have rqdishes,tarragon,marjoran,oregano,dill, ieven have several artichokes,carrots,leeks,onions,garlic, so if you'd like my help let me know. I don't want to get in anyones way.
ma
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #397
Executive Chef

kades, so good to see you again! by all means, come help get us started with our plantings, seedlings, and all the, um, watchacallits....i don't think we want to wait for our greenhouse to be built, do we? is the bay window area a good place to start our herb garden, kades, tin? could the two of you draw up a list of herbs we want/need to grow that will reflect our international food tastes and cooking requirements? think 'future functions', indoor and outdoor, formal and not....
where is there a good garden/landscaping type store around here, i wonder....
Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #398
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
kades, so good to see you again! by all means, come help get us started with our plantings, seedlings, and all the, um, watchacallits....i don't think we want to wait for our greenhouse to be built, do we? is the bay window area a good place to start our herb garden, kades, tin? could the two of you draw up a list of herbs we want/need to grow that will reflect our international food tastes and cooking requirements? think 'future functions', indoor and outdoor, formal and not....
where is there a good garden/landscaping type store around here, i wonder....
gladly, i've many herbs just sing out with what you will like. I also have cubanelle sweet Italian frying pepper seeds I need to start so let me know I also have carrots,radish, we could also so some cukes all are great in salads as are heirloom tomatoes.
ma
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #399
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Post #325 shows what I ended up doing...with electric, water and gas.
I saw that. Mine was supposed to be an add on to yours around the left. That's it...an addition! Sorry PF, I only saw picture #1 the first time. Totally missed the second shot. We do need an outdoor pizza oven though and this was as close as I could get.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #400
Everymom

I'll plant the tomatoes, onions and strawberries. I apparently have a knack for those. Picture below is 3 week growth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120713_091635.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	17074  

Tags
coffee