"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #481
Executive Chef

it's so nice to see you up and around, soma!! my, you are looking really good, too-- getting that healthy color back in your cheeks! oh thank you, soma, you made these? i love these blueberry sconzies, specially when somebody else is doing the baking!! ha, i guess leaving that recipe laying around worked just like tom sawyer....soma, i meant to tell you that i'm really into neil young's book that you recommended. i like the way he feels about music, that special, intimate relationship with it. today's itunes and earbuds just don't get it at all....
your wintertime nature shots of animals from around your place are breathtaking, soma. you are watching beavers, and deer, and wild turkeys right outside your window, wow. sarah's got nothin' on you--all she can see is russia....:)
can i get you a cuppa? we have a great selection of coffees here. we've got decaf too...or tea for you?

Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #482
Senior Cook

Well it's still snowing out there. A flock of wild turkeys and a herd of deer came to visit, so I scattered seed hither and yon.

much competition, given that the turkeys are almost as large as some of the smaller deer..

It sure is pretty pond-side though:

Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #483
Senior Cook

Oh, I'd love a cuppa tea, vitauta, and thanks for the compliments on my rosy cheeks. DH has been dragging, er, I mean.... encouraging me out for a walk every day. I"m up to 40 minutes now. Do you have Earl Grey? it's my favorite.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #484
Executive Chef

oh my, soma--that scene with the deer herd and turkeys, it's a paradise you have there! for a minute there looking at your world, i forgot to breathe.....earl grey, i know we've got it somewhere. yes, here we are. lemon, milk? here, i'll let you fix it up the way you like it.:) where the H did alix go off to? i see her truck parked out in back....
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #485
Everymom

I ran off to the shower and then got stuck on the phone doing an impromptu counselling session with a friend in a relationship crisis. I'm back for a bit, but I have to work a bit early today so I won't be here all that long.

Can I have some more coffee? Did .40 roast and Costa Rican beans? I'm in the mood for some tarrazu.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #486
Executive Chef

hey alix, i'm deep into this dark magic brew, ahhaah. tarrazu, which one is that? .40's got a tin here of that yirgo cheffe espresso he ground up for taxy. you know how to use that coffee machine of hers? looks complicated....

you and your famous therapy sessions...you really should charge for your services, like lucy with her 'head' stand...you do give good phone, alix....:)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #487
Senior Cook

You don't charge for telephone therapy sessions, Alix? Say.....I'd like your number. MY doc put me on mirtazapine last fall, said I should talk to a counselor while taking them....but I haven't found one yet. He recommended one who charges $100 per visit. I"m hoping for a lower rate than that.....
Old 02-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #488
Chef Extraordinaire

Alix, not to worry. I stop in every day to make sure Buttons has food. So not to worry. I can't stand the thought of children or animals being hungry.

I was there yesterday afternoon sitting and listening to the Golden Oldies while I was doing my needle work. I was sitting by the fire in the rocking chair that PF was kind enough to give me.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #489
Everymom

Vitauta, that espresso machine scares me. I'm all about easy. I can handle a Keurig, or even a drip thing, but that contraption is intimidating. And I DO get paid...at work. Friends get freebies. Soma, my PM inbox is always open for venting and a sympathetic ear.

Addie, thanks for looking after the fuzzies. They lied to me! They said they'd been horribly neglected and their little furry cheeks were caving in from hunger.

Tarrazu is a region in Costa Rica and their coffee is superb. Best in the world in my very humble opinion.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #490
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The kitties told me that same story last night after Addie left. I sat down for a bit with the end of a book, waiting for my sleep medicine to work. Both kittens acted like they hadn't eaten in weeks. They helped me with a shrimp cocktail and cheese plate.

Tags
coffee