"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #491
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The kitties told me that same story last night after Addie left. I sat down for a bit with the end of a book, waiting for my sleep medicine to work. Both kittens acted like they hadn't eaten in weeks. They helped me with a shrimp cocktail and cheese plate.
Buttons climbed up on my lap and was even playing with my thread. I didn't get much sewing done. Little bugger.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #492
Executive Chef

Anybody here tonight??? Maybe I will just listen to some of the music Alix brought in....love Nora Jones and the classical too! Really good music taste our Alix....hmmm let me see what to have to drink.....I think that caramel Baileys in a cup of one of.40's special roasted coffees would fit the bill. Ahhh nice!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #493
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The kitties told me that same story last night after Addie left. I sat down for a bit with the end of a book, waiting for my sleep medicine to work. Both kittens acted like they hadn't eaten in weeks. They helped me with a shrimp cocktail and cheese plate.

ALL CATS ARE LIARS!!! mew-mew-mew-i'm-starving...yehyeh, LYING little whisker-faced fluffy-tailed shrimp-munching SCAMMERS is what they are!

...and buttons, you can't believe a word buttons says either, the porky little pipsqueak, with her pointy little ears and wide-eyed innocent face...LYING little beggar!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #494
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
ALL CATS ARE LIARS!!! mew-mew-mew-i'm-starving...yehyeh, LYING little whisker-faced fluffy-tailed shrimp-munching SCAMMERS is what they are!

...and buttons, you can't believe a word buttons says either, the porky little pipsqueak, with her pointy little ears and wide-eyed innocent face...LYING little beggar!
Dogs are bigger liars.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #495
Executive Chef

dogs aren't very good at lying, though. cats are accomplished, masterful liars. also, i've never known a cat that acted sorry or guilty, like dogs can do, or god forbid, ever try to please you in any way....
Old 02-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #496
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
dogs aren't very good at lying, though. cats are accomplished, masterful liars. also, i've never known a cat that acted sorry or guilty, like dogs can do, or god forbid, ever try to please you in any way....
I disagree. Shreddy doesn't lie. Sucha seldom lied. When I ha a Siberian husky, Sasha, she lied all the time. She told other people that she was freezing and that we hadn't fed here in weeks. Dogs are a greedier about food and more likely to overeat than cats (in my experience). On the other hand, not all dogs are liars. Bumper, the Saint Bernard, who lived with me for a while, never lied. He wasn't very smart either.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #497
Chef Extraordinaire

I know it is late, but I stopped by just to make sure Buttons and his playmate are fed. I don't want them spreading lies about me. Hmmm. It seems the both of them are going fussy on me. They don't want fish today. So I put out dry food for them. That appeared to make them happy. Buttons even rubbed against my leg. I guess he is marking me as his. He is such a lovable brat. I miss having the little buggers in my home. But they seem to be happy right where they are now.

Of course. Why wouldn't they. They tell anyone who listens that they haven't been fed. So they get fed a couple of times a day.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #498
Chef Extraordinaire

Vit, are you having a hard time posting a link? I've gotten three emails saying that you have posted and I just keep seeing Addie's post.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #499
Executive Chef

only three, taxy? i daresay i've made at least fifteen attempts to post a recipe this afternoon.(sigh) i thought i had learned how to post links from whiska, but i keep getting error messages with every new try. no idea what i'm doing wrong, as i am following instructions to the best of my virgoan exacting nature.:(

i'm taking a brief coffee break, and making up with the kitties who have become my best buddies again.:) they have horror stories to tell about those 'coffee klatchers' who continue to starve and mistreat them when i'm not here to feed them fresh raw chicken livers. 'who loves you, domino? yeees, domino, yess. i love you too, and don't you forget it. you either, buttons. i know, i know. who loves you best? thaat's riight..go ahead, and finish your liver treats, now....

soon as i finish this lovely cuppa, i'll try posting that link again--it's a special recipe for a neighborly 'swedish visiting cake'--super simple, and quick to make, bake and take....:)
Old 03-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #500
Chef Extraordinaire

Vit, while not voilating any copywrite laws, have you tried the ctrl/c method?

Tags
coffee