DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm okay, Dawg...I put some dangley earrings on so I would notice sooner when I was starting to pull my shoulder up. It's worked pretty good.

Shrek doesn't know it yet, but he is going to be rubbing the nice Icy hot into both my shoulders:)

Good. Just be careful with the Icy Hot, no lower than the shoulders....

Good. Just be careful with the Icy Hot, no lower than the shoulders....

Knew a guy...not Shrek...who decided that if the Icy Hot was so good and a hot bath was so good, he thought he would combine them. He was sitting in the hot water for about one minute before he found out about his faulty logic and Icy Hot is not water soluble. He couldn't get it washed off, he had to wait until the burn went away by it's self.

Apparently Shrek had an episode with BenGay on his legs when he was in high school, he put it on his legs in a thick layer and then pulled up his shorts...I'm trying not to laugh again...:huh:

Knew a guy...not Shrek...who decided that if the Icy Hot was so good and a hot bath was so good, he thought he would combine them. He was sitting in the hot water for about one minute before he found out about his faulty logic and Icy Hot is not water soluble. He couldn't get it washed off, he had to wait until the burn went away by it's self.

Apparently Shrek had an episode with BenGay on his legs when he was in high school, he put it on his legs in a thick layer and then pulled up his shorts...I'm trying not to laugh again...:huh:

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: ouch!!

How are you feeling PF?

I'm laughing so hard about the bengay episode!

Work has totally kicked my butt these past two nights. I signed up for 6 hours of OT tomorrow night but I think I'm going to give it away. I am mentally drained I think 60 hours in the last 7 days is enough for this old girl.

Last edited:
PF, Ken once rubbed some Tiger Balm on my back and then washed his hands thoroughly to get it off, and went to the bathroom. OUCHIE! There was much hopping and yelping in the bathroom. That stuff hurts. Didn't help that his wife was helpless with laughter.

I've just served Ken crepes for breakfast in bed and I'm finishing my coconut coffee in bed. Its my first day off and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it. I felt like undiluted crap for two days in the middle of my rotation and I'm so glad to be on the other side of that. I have some leftover crepes and I have a recipe for a crepe cake that involves hazelnut praline, and coffee cream. This sounds like a great dessert for tonight.

PF, sending healing vibes your way.

Thanks folks, been doing my exercises and using ice, getting more range of motion in my shoulder. Still have a couple of catches, but if I approach it slowly I can avoid the BIG ouch. It's also coming down that a medication has contributed to this injury, so a combination of medication side effect, arthritis and repetitive motion.

Go to hear that you're getting more range back in you arm.

I came home this morning with the hubby and pups still up at the camper and I did some 'me' time but now that everyone is home I'm much happier. I swear my Tucker grew since I saw him on Friday! It sure was nice getting attacked with all those kisses from the 3 pups!

Tucker goes in for his last set of shots tomorrow so I can see how much weight he gained. He's 4 months now and I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with him.

Whew! Hot today! The rain finally went somewhere else for a while and we are getting some warm sunny weather. I was out on the deck for a while, but had to come in to cool off!

Today's beverage is a big tall iced coffee. Mmmmmmm!

what is everybody wearing for the finale of the Voice tonight, are we dressing? who do you want to see win this thing tonight? danielle? michelle? swon brothers?
I think I heard that CHER will be making a guest appearance tonight, and also former panelist, Christina a.
cher, shakira and christinia-all sharing the same stage?-you Know they're gonna be stylin' tonite!!:)

Last edited:
Not unless my jammies are considered "dressed up". I'll wear my blue satin nightie for the occasion, but I think we're watching SYTYCD.

Not unless my jammies are considered "dressed up". I'll wear my blue satin nightie for the occasion, but I think we're watching SYTYCD.

hot blue double damn, alix! you got some spiky heels to go with that outfit? you're not seriously telling me that SYTYCD is going to be on opposite the FINALE of the Voice tonight, are you, lexi?---'cause them there' is fightin' words! (not you n' me, babycakes):):)

if SYTYCD is on tv tonight at 8:00 EDT, and the Voice is on at the very same time on my tv, somebody prepare to DIE. (no, not you, babygirl, never you):):)

I'm here, Vit, got my best pair of sweat shorts and cleanest tank top on. Have my purple plaid flannel shirt ready for when it gets chilly.

Thinking Swan Bros, but the ladies are so good, dunno.

AGT was outstanding tonight too.

Last edited:
I'm here, Vit, got my best pair of sweat shorts and cleanest tank top on. Have my purple plaid flannel shirt ready for when it gets chilly.

Thinking Swan Bros, but the ladies are so good, dunno.

AGT was outstanding tonight too.

and we already know the difference a relatively fresh tank top can make, right?

SYTYCD--still my fave show. tonight i'm sacrificing one hour of it for the voice's finale--that's right, there will be no bloodshed tonight....:ermm: I know....

I have on a tie dyed sundress that I wear as a nightie...waiting for The Voice to start at 8 MST. Danielle has my hot vote, Michelle is next and the Swons in third place.

Yea!!!!!! I just had a feeling about that little girl, but it was so close! Thanks for waiting for me to see the finale!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom