"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #531
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
yes, i know.:) his silver designs are exquisite. my favorite, the 'acorn' design, was created by johan though, in 1915. he has a painting i love too, titled 'boys at water's edge. i can get the poster for only $40....

your swedish cake turned out really delicious-looking, taxy. and i Know you were extra generous with the almonds, too--yum, they're so tasty toasted brown like that....
Well, yeah, it looked like it wanted a few more almonds.

For reasons that I don't understand, that silver is called "Konge" in Danish, which means "King". I have no idea why they call it Acorn in English.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #532
Executive Chef

Acorn by Georg Jensen Sterling Silver Flatware Set Service 76 Pieces | eBay

you are right, taxy. i was looking long and hard to find the 'acorn' in this silver pattern. at the very top of the king's crown, there is a little scored bud shape, which is the 'acorn' i presume. boy, did they take some liberties in this case, with the name. most likely politically motivated.(shrug) beautiful, beautiful silver design, though.....:)

Old 03-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #533
Executive Chef

Oatmeal-Savory and Comforting Recipe | Yummly

OK,OK, so it's not for everybody.:) But for me, and for some of us, this savory bowl of curried oatmeal is just the thing--just begging to be tried while winter still continues to bluster and chill, as it makes its march, a protest in every step, toward spring....
Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #534
Everymom

*rattle rattle*

What the? The door is locked? I didn't even know it COULD lock. Who has the keys? I need some time in my armchair with a cup of coffee. I wonder if I can jimmy the lock? I know I have some of those eyeglass screwdrivers in here somewhere...
Old 03-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #535
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
*rattle rattle*

What the? The door is locked? I didn't even know it COULD lock. Who has the keys? I need some time in my armchair with a cup of coffee. I wonder if I can jimmy the lock? I know I have some of those eyeglass screwdrivers in here somewhere...
Just knock three times just above the door knob and it will unlock for you. I locked it because I saw a total stranger walking down the road. I go there every day to feed the kitties. Although with all the food they eat, they are quickly becoming CATS.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #536
Everymom

Cool. Thanks Addie. I brought a bunch of my homemade trail mix for folks to munch on if they want. Dried nectarines, apricots, cranberries, raisins, toasted almonds, peanuts and hazelnuts.

Om nom nom. Ah! This chair is divine. OH! I brought in some fuzzy blankies too for folks who like to curl up when they read. *yawn* Just going to rest my eyes for a minute.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #537
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Cool. Thanks Addie. I brought a bunch of my homemade trail mix for folks to munch on if they want. Dried nectarines, apricots, cranberries, raisins, toasted almonds, peanuts and hazelnuts.

Om nom nom. Ah! This chair is divine. OH! I brought in some fuzzy blankies too for folks who like to curl up when they read. *yawn* Just going to rest my eyes for a minute.
Shh! Alix fell asleep in the chair with one of her blankies over her. Looks like her family will be making their own supper tonight.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #538
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I was playing pool...but I think Alix is playing Billiards...should be interesting, ya think?

v
Old 03-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #539
Executive Chef

oh boy, coffee buds, do i have another good one to share with y'all tonight! take a peek at this here link--you can thank me later....:)

To Infinity and Beyond! | Relay Living
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #540
Executive Chef

Relay (And Friends) Recipes: Bell Peppers Stuffed with Ground Turkey, Vegetables and Barley

Tags
coffee