DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
congratulations to danielle for winning voice, and to pf for picking her from 'hello'. this little girl's gonna be bigger'n Kelly Clarkson and carrie underwood combined. maybe even bigger than tayler swift, if fans ever grow bored with teen date- revenge songs. Danielle and hunter hayes duoed seamlessly with an exciting new c&w sound on stage tonight. with hunter's remarkable songwriting skills, and Danielle's awesome vocals and beauty, this pair could light a hot fresh fire under Nashville that could turn country music on its okie ear....

that said, there were four winners on the voice stage tonight. this sort of thing is often said to placate the losers in a singing competition.--not in this case. we will be hearing more from michelle and from the swons in the future--congrats to them as well....

Last edited:
Oh yes, I plan on following Michelle! did you know, 40,000 people auditioned for the 4th season of The Voice...so they were the top 3 of 40,000...they ARE all winners.

Morning! Got my coffee and my laptop and I'm listening to the magpies and the crows yelling at each other. The crows have had their baby out the last few days learning to fly and its still a bit awkward. The magpies are ticked that the crows are hanging around my yard (good pickin's) and they can't come eat. Lots of yelling. Fun to watch though.

lidia bastianich, (joe's mommy), is on masterchef tonight, doing a pasta demonstration for the cooking contestants. she is sporting a hot new strawberry blonde 'do' tonight. hot mama, looking good!:)

goddess, are you talking about a show that is on tonight, Friday, june 21st? hope I haven't missed it.
didja see how momma bastianich called out her son, joey, on masterchef the other night? dismissed him like some pesky little urchin when he tried to help her with the pasta sauce. hah! he turned right around and lamBASTED the contestant who was trying to put his 'own spin' on lidia's pasta dish, and who got eliminated for it. so, now we know how little joey bastianich came to deal with his inadequacies in life--by bullying the next little guy in line....

Oh no! :ohmy: I forgot about that - it was Thursday. :ermm: If you go to PBS.org, then click "Video" in the top menu, then search "Lydia Celebrates Independence" you get all the episodes in her series. The title of Thursday's show was "Freedom and Independence" but it hadn't been uploaded to their site yet. Noticed that there must be a bazillion of them though! And about "Master Chef"? I don't watch those competition/reality shows. Getting second thoughts about watching "Whodunnit". Each time I see a promo it looks just a bit more hokey. ;)

just looking for somebody to share a cuppa and a chat with. anybody around? I brought some of my chocolate Florentine lace cookies with me today. just try one! I made them myself... they are so crispy-crunchy crazy good, if I do say so...and oh so dunkable too! and guess what? they are equally marvelous dipped in a cuppa tea, for you 'mellow' types....:mellow:

Last edited:
Oooh, lace cookies! Yes, Vit, I'll have one, thank you! Mmm, delicious!

No more coffee for me, had 2 cups of Nantucket this morn from the Keurig, and I'm still jittering.

Hi guys, spent the day being worked on at the D center couldn't stop the bleeding from yesterday all night a blew blood all over the room and me bed cloths, you name it they have me with a patch on so far so good have to be careful tho don't want to set the darn thing off again. sooo may I have a cookie and a cuppa and then I'll go have some dinner maybe a pepprs and cheese and meat sammie old age girls for got the name :LOL:
kades

Hi guys, spent the day being worked on at the D center couldn't stop the bleeding from yesterday all night a blew blood all over the room and me bed cloths, you name it they have me with a patch on so far so good have to be careful tho don't want to set the darn thing off again. sooo may I have a cookie and a cuppa and then I'll go have some dinner maybe a pepprs and cheese and meat sammie old age girls for got the name :LOL:
kades

whoa, kades! what happened that got you bleeding so bad kades? poor dear, that must have been a terrible fright for you. what kind of a patch are you wearing? I hope they don't send you home too soon, kades. you can have all the cookies you want, sweetie. just say the word and i'll bake more. the sammie you described is called a meat, cheese 'n pepper
sandwich where I come from...:) hugs, kades, and please keep us posted.

just looking for somebody to share a cuppa and a chat with. anybody around? I brought some of my chocolate Florentine lace cookies with me today. just try one! I made them myself... they are so crispy-crunchy crazy good, if I do say so...and oh so dunkable too! and guess what? they are equally marvelous dipped in a cuppa tea, for you 'mellow' types....:mellow:

I am only too happy to join you. Tea for me please. English or Breakfast tea will do very nicely. I will have just one of the lovely cookies too.

Spike just left. Poor Teddy had to go for his yearly checkup today with the vet. He got all his shots and was very sedate. Didn't want to play with me. Didn't even want his scratchies on his belly and ears.

Well I finally learned what was causing all the problems with my back. It wasn't pleurisy. It is my computer chair. It's three years old and really too big for me. But it was a gift, so I kept my mouth shut when I got it. With everyone plopping down on it, the seat is shot and hollow. So the way I was sitting, I was scrunching my back and huddled over the keyboard. Not the proper way to sit. So I put a small pillow in the hollow and then a blanket over that and now I am sitting properly. Problem solved. But I will be on the lookout for a sale on a new chair.

I did a load of whites today. It was a small load. I hate to let it build up to two large ones. I was looking at the bathtub today and never noticed that the outside needs some attention. That is on the list for tomorrow.

Thank you for the tea and cookie. Have to go. Have a couple of pans that need some soap and water. Along with a counter that needs to be wiped off. :angel:

kades

Oh Kades, that is not good. Please take care of yourself. Doesn't it seem just when you are feeling great, something else pops up to ruin your day? :angel: And one for you. :angel:

kades

Ma, have they put a pressure dressing on? Your fistula is not blown , I hope you did not loose too much blood, lousy they have to take it out for an oil check without it spraying all over.:rolleyes: Take care of yourself. Hugs!

Time to relax with some iced tea and think about making some breakfast. I had a lovely weekend with Hubby! We went to the Street Rod Nationals in Pueblo on Saturday. We saw several trucks like ours, and had several people looking at ours. We were lucky this year and got a great spot right near the event center (an air conditioned building with venders). Pueblo is always about 10 degrees hotter than it is here, so it is nice to be close to the air conditioning when needed. On Sunday, DS joined us in taking the dogs for a hike in Palmer Park. It was a beautiful day and we hiked for about two hours. Later, we took a motorcycle ride and ended our day with a picnic on the deck. DS grilled hot dogs and brats and we enjoyed a calm evening at home. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. How was yours?

Ever seen the movie "Lost Weekend"? I spent lots of time sleeping (not drinking) and didn't get much accomplished. It's almost noon and I still can't decide if I can go do laundry. Maybe just a long walk.

Ever seen the movie "Lost Weekend"? I spent lots of time sleeping (not drinking) and didn't get much accomplished. It's almost noon and I still can't decide if I can go do laundry. Maybe just a long walk.

What are you talking about, you did Relay, and went to Costco! That's an eventful weekend!

What are you talking about, you did Relay, and went to Costco! That's an eventful weekend!

LOL@ Relay was over by 10 am on Saturday...and less than an hour out to Costco and back?

I woke up this morning because I was dreaming Shrek was waving a clock at me telling me it was 9:47...I looked at the clock when I woke and he was right!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom