"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #581
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,293
I just nabbed some pork ribs and mac n cheese from the deli, Shrek said he wasn't hungry. I'll sit over here so I came jump up during the commercials.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #582
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
taxlady, I'm with you on the sweet/savory mix. I don't understand mixing bacon in with chocolate. Ruins both IMO. I'm not a fan of sweet glazes on meat, nor do I like fruit with meat. No apples with pork, no pineapple on ham, no cranberry with turkey. I know, I'm a heathen. Sorry.

I haven't been watching the voice, but I'll hang out with you tonight. I'm going to veg on the couch alllllll night.

@Addie, I'm glad Paul Revere was American. I'd have been POed at having to memorize all that.
hey, hi alix, good to see you. sure you don't want to press your button and turn your chair around for the Voice? what're you drinking tonight? if you are going to veg out on the couch, you might as well go all the way with it. oh, by the by, i meant to tell you how much i like that porch swing thing you found on one of your treasure hunts. it don't need any new coverings, either. i like to just bring an armful of colorful throws, and get comfy... i'm a sucker for vintage stuff, alix. you'll hafta take me with you one of these days when you go bargain hunting and yard sale hopping. :)

so, are the elves still here? SOMEbody's been keeping this place looking spic n' span....
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #583
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just nabbed some pork ribs and mac n cheese from the deli, Shrek said he wasn't hungry. I'll sit over here so I came jump up during the commercials.

i'm gonna have to start popping up some corn next time before this show, get cozy. pf, watch for shak's leg action tonight--made me yelp with delight!
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #584
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,293
Just saw it, I 'bout fell off the couch!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #585
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Hey vit, PF. I don't multitask well when I'm vegging. I have a lot to catch up on around here, and not much time to do it all.

You can come yardsaling with me anytime! Its FUN! There is truly an art to it though. You can tell the folks that think their crap is NOT crap, they price it way too high.

I am actually contemplating a butter pecan, decaf latte. I'm in the mood for something sweet and that would fill the bill. I'm not up for any caffeine though. Yep, butter pecan latte it is. Can I have some popcorn too?
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #586
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
i know, alix, once you catch a whiff of that popcorn smell in the air, you're a goner! help yourself, just grab a bunch of napkins, 'cause it's dripping with butter! i still make popcorn the old fashioned way on the stove, and melt a stick of butter in the pan....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #587
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,293
Finally got my salad made, too late to type up the recipe. I spent half my time looking for a bigger bowl...and chopping veg. Missed NCIS that we had recorded.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #588
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
taxlady, I'm with you on the sweet/savory mix. I don't understand mixing bacon in with chocolate. Ruins both IMO. I'm not a fan of sweet glazes on meat, nor do I like fruit with meat. No apples with pork, no pineapple on ham, no cranberry with turkey. I know, I'm a heathen. Sorry.

I haven't been watching the voice, but I'll hang out with you tonight. I'm going to veg on the couch alllllll night.

@Addie, I'm glad Paul Revere was American. I'd have been POed at having to memorize all that.
But he wasn't at that time in history. We were all subjects of the King. And he didn't yell "The British are coming". He would have yelled "The Redcoats are coming." I am afraid that Wadworths took a lot of liberties in his poem.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #589
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Addie, if you're going to consider Paul Revere British, then you also need to consider him a traitor to his country. Pretty sure no Canadian school would mandate memorizing that poem, nor any UK school, therefore, it's probably best to refer to him as the American he would become. Longfellow lived a long time after that infamous ride and that poem is considered a piece of Americana is it not?

@Vitauta and PF, so how was the Voice? You guys sound like you're really enjoying it this season. I only watch Amazing Race and Survivor with any regularity. There isn't much else in terms of reality TV that sparks my interest.

Off to make some mint tea. My tummy has not been very settled the last couple of days. Maybe that sushi I had on Monday was off.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #590
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Addie, if you're going to consider Paul Revere British, then you also need to consider him a traitor to his country. Pretty sure no Canadian school would mandate memorizing that poem, nor any UK school, therefore, it's probably best to refer to him as the American he would become. Longfellow lived a long time after that infamous ride and that poem is considered a piece of Americana is it not?

@Vitauta and PF, so how was the Voice? You guys sound like you're really enjoying it this season. I only watch Amazing Race and Survivor with any regularity. There isn't much else in terms of reality TV that sparks my interest.

Off to make some mint tea. My tummy has not been very settled the last couple of days. Maybe that sushi I had on Monday was off.

girlfriend, this is the second time this year that sushi has made you sick!!! you need to stop buying sushi from the place that is feeding you bad sushi! i love sushi too, but one bad sushi incident is one too many. they shouldn't get a second chance to play with your stomach....i probably will be giving up sushi for the duration of the dicey summer season again. extraordinary care and all of that jazz....
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coffee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.