"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #581
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I just nabbed some pork ribs and mac n cheese from the deli, Shrek said he wasn't hungry. I'll sit over here so I came jump up during the commercials.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #582
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
taxlady, I'm with you on the sweet/savory mix. I don't understand mixing bacon in with chocolate. Ruins both IMO. I'm not a fan of sweet glazes on meat, nor do I like fruit with meat. No apples with pork, no pineapple on ham, no cranberry with turkey. I know, I'm a heathen. Sorry.

I haven't been watching the voice, but I'll hang out with you tonight. I'm going to veg on the couch alllllll night.

@Addie, I'm glad Paul Revere was American. I'd have been POed at having to memorize all that.
hey, hi alix, good to see you. sure you don't want to press your button and turn your chair around for the Voice? what're you drinking tonight? if you are going to veg out on the couch, you might as well go all the way with it. oh, by the by, i meant to tell you how much i like that porch swing thing you found on one of your treasure hunts. it don't need any new coverings, either. i like to just bring an armful of colorful throws, and get comfy... i'm a sucker for vintage stuff, alix. you'll hafta take me with you one of these days when you go bargain hunting and yard sale hopping. :)

so, are the elves still here? SOMEbody's been keeping this place looking spic n' span....

Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #583
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just nabbed some pork ribs and mac n cheese from the deli, Shrek said he wasn't hungry. I'll sit over here so I came jump up during the commercials.

i'm gonna have to start popping up some corn next time before this show, get cozy. pf, watch for shak's leg action tonight--made me yelp with delight!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #584
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just saw it, I 'bout fell off the couch!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #585
Everymom

Hey vit, PF. I don't multitask well when I'm vegging. I have a lot to catch up on around here, and not much time to do it all.

You can come yardsaling with me anytime! Its FUN! There is truly an art to it though. You can tell the folks that think their crap is NOT crap, they price it way too high.

I am actually contemplating a butter pecan, decaf latte. I'm in the mood for something sweet and that would fill the bill. I'm not up for any caffeine though. Yep, butter pecan latte it is. Can I have some popcorn too?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #586
Executive Chef

i know, alix, once you catch a whiff of that popcorn smell in the air, you're a goner! help yourself, just grab a bunch of napkins, 'cause it's dripping with butter! i still make popcorn the old fashioned way on the stove, and melt a stick of butter in the pan....
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #587
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Finally got my salad made, too late to type up the recipe. I spent half my time looking for a bigger bowl...and chopping veg. Missed NCIS that we had recorded.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #588
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
taxlady, I'm with you on the sweet/savory mix. I don't understand mixing bacon in with chocolate. Ruins both IMO. I'm not a fan of sweet glazes on meat, nor do I like fruit with meat. No apples with pork, no pineapple on ham, no cranberry with turkey. I know, I'm a heathen. Sorry.

I haven't been watching the voice, but I'll hang out with you tonight. I'm going to veg on the couch alllllll night.

@Addie, I'm glad Paul Revere was American. I'd have been POed at having to memorize all that.
But he wasn't at that time in history. We were all subjects of the King. And he didn't yell "The British are coming". He would have yelled "The Redcoats are coming." I am afraid that Wadworths took a lot of liberties in his poem.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #589
Everymom

Addie, if you're going to consider Paul Revere British, then you also need to consider him a traitor to his country. Pretty sure no Canadian school would mandate memorizing that poem, nor any UK school, therefore, it's probably best to refer to him as the American he would become. Longfellow lived a long time after that infamous ride and that poem is considered a piece of Americana is it not?

@Vitauta and PF, so how was the Voice? You guys sound like you're really enjoying it this season. I only watch Amazing Race and Survivor with any regularity. There isn't much else in terms of reality TV that sparks my interest.

Off to make some mint tea. My tummy has not been very settled the last couple of days. Maybe that sushi I had on Monday was off.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #590
Executive Chef

Quote:
Addie, if you're going to consider Paul Revere British, then you also need to consider him a traitor to his country. Pretty sure no Canadian school would mandate memorizing that poem, nor any UK school, therefore, it's probably best to refer to him as the American he would become. Longfellow lived a long time after that infamous ride and that poem is considered a piece of Americana is it not?

@Vitauta and PF, so how was the Voice? You guys sound like you're really enjoying it this season. I only watch Amazing Race and Survivor with any regularity. There isn't much else in terms of reality TV that sparks my interest.

Off to make some mint tea. My tummy has not been very settled the last couple of days. Maybe that sushi I had on Monday was off.

girlfriend, this is the second time this year that sushi has made you sick!!! you need to stop buying sushi from the place that is feeding you bad sushi! i love sushi too, but one bad sushi incident is one too many. they shouldn't get a second chance to play with your stomach....i probably will be giving up sushi for the duration of the dicey summer season again. extraordinary care and all of that jazz....

Tags
coffee