"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

Someone said we could use a fridg..OK I have one so here it is. All cleaned,pluged in and ready. I even put in some creamers and butter for toast or scones or whatever. Feeling much better and trying to decide what to cook in my new 3in 1 slowcooker dh gave me. Anyone have any ideas?
need to bake for tomorrow but what I have NO idea at all. Ahh hot coffee, love it and a donut to go with it. emmm.Hey anyone want to polka?
ma

Old 01-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #52
Everymom

Had my first cuppa in bed thanks to my sweetie. Right now, I'm fending off a cat with very wet feet. WHY do they like to jump in the tub when I'm done. Morons.

I have some danish butter cookies I'm leaving here on the table for you folks. They're awesome with a cup of coffee. Pacanis, I noticed there is a "travel mug" coffee pod. They make a stronger brew.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Had my first cuppa in bed thanks to my sweetie. Right now, I'm fending off a cat with very wet feet. WHY do they like to jump in the tub when I'm done. Morons.

I have some danish butter cookies I'm leaving here on the table for you folks. They're awesome with a cup of coffee. Pacanis, I noticed there is a "travel mug" coffee pod. They make a stronger brew.
Better not leave those Danish butter cookies where I will find them. They will all be gone. (I just had two with my coffee.)
Old 01-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
ttttttthhhhhhhhhhbbbbbbbtttttttt!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #55
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Double Black Diamond morning, I have some running around today and later I'll be making CWS's White Fruitcake recipe.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #56
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Not to get morbid or anything, I'm interested in the Keurig, too. Let me 'splain. I'm not much of a coffee-drinker, like Snip just doing instant coffee first thing in the morning. But I'm tired of my kids, when I find something swell I want to give them, saying, "stop, already." I now have it in my head to begin buying "myself" better quality items that they will get when I croak, whether they like it or not. Like a Keurig. Gotta start small -- Heaven forfend that I begin to think along the lines of a sporty car, which had better not happen on my budget. My daughter would just love to have a KA mixer, but can't afford it.......

Will I come to love actual coffee? Will the fancy-coffee bug bite me? Will my kids poison my oatmeal when they figure it out? Tune in tomorrow.

eeww tin, morbid...that's morbid! but, if morbid is the only way to trick yourself into spending a little money on you, for nice things to make life more enjoyable... and, i'm really not one to talk, either. i will spend money i don't have on my girl and grandkids, but not for myself. like you, tin, i guess i'm simply not 'worthy' of good treatment.

the only reason i have a keurig coffeemaker and an ereader today, is that i bought these things for my mom. and when mom croaked a year ago at christmas, i got to keep these nice things for myself. i wish now i had gotten her a porsche. see tin? morbid....

i didn't become a coffee fiend until after i brought home the keurig. for two years, i was drinking a cup of instant coffee every morning just to keep mom company. i could see that she really enjoyed her coffee, though, so i decided to turn her on to 'good' coffee, and the rest is history... before long, we were making lists of favorite coffee flavors,( and least favorites), and brewing up a cuppa java anytime either of us had the inclination. adding our choice of 'go with' snacks to the keurig experience....

go for it, tin....
Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #57
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It's never too early or too late to spend some money on yourself. Buy the Keurig, Lizzie! It's part of the "quality" part of life. And maybe I'm weird, but I don't find it morbid at all.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #58
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Someone said we could use a fridg..OK I have one so here it is. All cleaned,pluged in and ready. I even put in some creamers and butter for toast or scones or whatever. Feeling much better and trying to decide what to cook in my new 3in 1 slowcooker dh gave me. Anyone have any ideas?
need to bake for tomorrow but what I have NO idea at all. Ahh hot coffee, love it and a donut to go with it. emmm.Hey anyone want to polka?
ma

so good that you are feeling better, kades, and that you are here. i love it, kades, that not only do you bring your lovely social graces to our coffee klatch, but major appliances too! i love that fridge! where did you find it? oooh, and ICE! it has an ice maker, oh wow, you shouldn't have, kades...but i'm/we're glad you did! who wants their coffee iced?

so, you say you are ready to dance, kades? anybody up for doing a little gangum style? or shall we maybe start a bit slower maybe, with the bunny hop? where the heck IS somebunny, anyhow....

somebody tell somebunny she doesn't HAVE to drink coffee to spend time with us here.:)
Old 01-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #59
Everymom

OK, I just got back from a spree at the used book store. Surprise surprise, no Lee Child books there. Stupid movie! I'm trying to keep myself from diving in head first. Just going to go spread them out on the bed and decide what order to read them in. WOOHOO!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #60
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi folks. Mr. Coffee just made a pot of coffee for me. Bless his little heart. First cup of the day. I very seldom use the 'pause' feature as I usually end up with a cup too strong. But I just could wait. Some days he is just too slow.

I have some dough for pumpkin/cranberry cookies in the freezer right now. I can pull out as many as I need if anyone wants some. they are already formed.

Well I have to get back into the kitchen and clean up the mess I made in the middle of the night. And I am taking my cuppa with me. but I will be back.

Tags
coffee