"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #591
Everymom

It was a different place! I've not been back to that first place since I got sick. I only had miso soup and 3 pieces of dynamite roll. I figured that should be pretty safe. I don't know for sure it was the sushi, but its all I can figure. This is not like a tummy bug, so I'm figuring food poisoning.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #592
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Addie, if you're going to consider Paul Revere British, then you also need to consider him a traitor to his country. Pretty sure no Canadian school would mandate memorizing that poem, nor any UK school, therefore, it's probably best to refer to him as the American he would become. Longfellow lived a long time after that infamous ride and that poem is considered a piece of Americana is it not?
You are right. They all had a price on their heads for Treason including Revere. The British soldiers wanted John Hancock really bad. He had the highest price. These "Patriots" would tar and feather any Tory they knew. Many of them fled back to England or Canada when the war finally broke out. In the name of "Freedom" they committed many crimes a lot worse than what laws and rules the British had on the books. We fought to be free of the British on our soil. Yet to this day we treasure anything we have that is of British influence or property. Boston is probably the most British city you will find in this country.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #593
Everymom

You've got me confused Addie.

"In the name of "Freedom" they committed many crimes a lot worse than what laws and rules the British had on the books." I think you mean the British patriots committed the crimes, but it looks like the opposite from this sentence. Which do you mean?

I'm not trying to stir up an argument here, I just mean that every "patriot" to one cause is a "traitor" to the opposite side. You can revere Revere, but you can't call him a patriot and British as the two terms would negate one another. Heeheehee...words are fun aren't they?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #594
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Been very busy with work lately and haven't had a chance to stop by. I dropped off some more fresh roasted coffee. The bags have labels on them. There is a pound of the Peru and some Columbian

I'm off to the study to enjoy a cigar and a brandy. I think I'll light a fire in the fireplace too.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #595

There is a naked ummm....ummmm...elf thing in the study. It keeps cleaning my ash tray whenever I pick up my cigar.

I'm not sure if I should be fascinated or annoyed.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #596
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
.40, I just noticed your signature line. It was immediately familiar, but I wasn't remembering which song. Then, I noticed. Wish You Were Here was playing on the radio. Weird, eh?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #597
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
There is a naked ummm....ummmm...elf thing in the study. It keeps cleaning my ash tray whenever I pick up my cigar.

I'm not sure if I should be fascinated or annoyed.

Just tell him you would prefer he clean after you leave. They do speak English. You can name him, too, just don't give him any clothes. If you would like him to stop going naked, leave a hand kerchief or piece of toweling, they can make their own clothes, just no real clothes.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
.40, I just noticed your signature line. It was immediately familiar, but I wasn't remembering which song. Then, I noticed. Wish You Were Here was playing on the radio. Weird, eh?
That my all time favorite album. Good stuff.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #599
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
That my all time favorite album. Good stuff.

It's pretty high on my list. My all time favourite is Abraxis by Santana.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just tell him you would prefer he clean after you leave. They do speak English. You can name him, too, just don't give him any clothes. If you would like him to stop going naked, leave a hand kerchief or piece of toweling, they can make their own clothes, just no real clothes.
It left. It seemed a little sad. The whole episode registered 9.7 on the strangeometer.

Tags
coffee