"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #641
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

[QUOTE=vitauta;1258722]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I know two people who were running...I'm waiting impatiently to hear they are or are not okay. Our Medical Director and his wife were running.[/QUOT

pf, i hope you get good news about your friends in boston real soon. god help our people, keep us safe from evil, and whatever this latest particular brand of hatred is.

i finally turned away from streaming news of the tragic events in boston, and am watching the voice. i must say, that it feels good to get out of my head, and ease myself into music, simple, emotional and true.
pf, i urge you to turn on the voice yourself, if you need to get out of your head too, for awhile....(peace)
The Voice is on...hafta watch! Just watched Adam pick Amber to our surprise, I was sure he would stay with Sasha. Actually was completely taken aback when he paired the two of them.

Thanks, I'll find out tomorrow about the doc and his wife.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #642
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Here is a link to google's person finder. If you knew someone in Boston and want to find out their status.

Google Person Finder: Boston Marathon Explosions

Their name isn't listed...Thanks, .40!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #643
Executive Chef

29 Reasons To Love Boston
Old 04-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #644
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Seems I know three people who were running, everyone is okay.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #645
Everymom

Hey all, the tea towels were multicolored. I bought that variegated cotton yarn in a couple of different shades. I did a pink blend and a light blue blend for the elves. I can't explain the yellow CWS.

I didn't hear about the marathon bombing until after work yesterday. How horrifying.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #646
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yes, I was out yesterday, too and didn't hear about it until I got home.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #647
Everymom

*rattle bang clatter* I'm baking this morning! I freaking LOVE this kitchen. I'm going to do blueberry muffins and oatmeal muffins with warm honey drizzled on top.

I know the kitties are off visiting, has anyone filled the bird feeder out back?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #648
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
*rattle bang clatter* I'm baking this morning! I freaking LOVE this kitchen. I'm going to do blueberry muffins and oatmeal muffins with warm honey drizzled on top.

I know the kitties are off visiting, has anyone filled the bird feeder out back?
Now that is one chore I can't do. I am just too short. But the kitties are doing fine. They have been getting plenty of exercise. In fact last night when Teddy came to visit, they slept right through the whole two hours. He was kind of exhausted from all the walking he did yesterday also. So he slept right along with them. There will be no fat cats in this family! I fed them last night at eight o'clock and off to beddy-bye they went. They are getting used to their reduced amount of food. They no longer go over and paw the empty dishes in-between feedings.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #649
Everymom

I need some peace and calm right now. I was up early after working late, and I'm just a bit off my game. Had some sad news last night, I'm dealing, but it still is getting to me. And this morning was a friend who needed a shoulder and a safe harbour.

Now its my turn. I'm sending myself out to our peaceful little oasis on the deck here and I'm just going to commune with nature for a bit. I'm taking a cup of coffee and if anyone wants to join me, I'll be out there for an hour or so. I'd love some company from our DC family. You're all so soothing.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #650
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'll sit here, too...had foot surgery this morning and just got back from the eye doctor with Shrek, he has a bleed in his right eye. At this point it is wait on the eye thing and i am about to take a pain pill for my foot. The debit card woes are fixed.

I still hate Mondays and wondering who is going to fix me some lunch...

Tags
coffee