DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have a keurig coffeemaker coming in the post next week! this is the B145, my favorite size and model keurig. i bought it for under forty dollars, plus the cost of an 8 case supply of assorted keurig k cups @ only 50c each.
i caught some great sales online for christmas presents over the holidays this year, but this deal is the best one by far! i was running very low on coffee. the coffee machine will be a spare.... :)

happy new year, coffeemates! have you befriended a snake lately?

Last edited:
kicking back with a cuppa emeril's big easy, and watching american idol. i know, i know, i swore off AI last season after the debacle with nicki minaj. but JLO is back as a judge, and harry connick jr. came on board, so i'm giving idol another look. last night's debut show showcased some exciting young vocalists, and harry gives off a seductively brainy swag....

Last edited:
i know, taxy, and i'm not trying to convert you. hopefully, you will find my clips from next month's sochi olympic games more enjoyable. i'm having a mug of emeril's 'big easy' coffee. mmm--puts me in a new orleans frame of mind. wish i had me a muffin, or a beignet, with a fine sugar dusting....

i'm saddened and outraged to see that amanda knox was once again found guilty in italy of murdering her roommate, having won an appeal in 2011. i don't mean this as a political statement, or in any way anti-italian. i just feel that a serious injustice was repeated today against an innocent young american student.

Having read her book, I feel sympathy toward Amanda Knox. Italy had released her after overturning her conviction. Enough.

I wonder what will become of her co-defendant.

I watched a movie on Amanda Knox and followed the stories when they came out. I have no idea if she's guilty or innocent. I take it those that posted think she;s not guilty.

And I might get some flavored coffees. I've been having a hazlenut flavored coffee at a friend's house and I like it. It's a nice change for a midday cup.

I got a Cheese Danish Ring for SB Sunday Breakfast with choice of Dark Magic Coffee or English Breakfast Tea! Or any other flavor on hand.

Time to get dressed and clear up the kitchen so I can get the SB foods set out.

We have shrimp, little smokies, chips, crackers, salmon dip, guacamole, olives of every sort, apples, pears, grapes, celery, beets, baby corn...

Teams...Broncos and Seahawks...I'm not rooting for either as, I am from Bronco Country and live in Seahawk Country. I will be happy for either one, I am partial to seeing Peyton Manning win the SB twice for two different teams.

i'm glad it's a night for good eatin', cos the game itself is just wild and incomprehensible (to me). is it too cold there to play? and, what happened to the pregame show anyway, with phillip phillips and perry? i've had the tv on all afternoon just so i wouldn't miss it!

Last edited:
i think i like this young seattle team. i just need to switch from coffee to wine, mellow out, and come to terms with the chaos and confusion on the field....

i'm relaxing with a diner cup of my bold italian roast coffee just now, and watching fiesty marilyn milian dispense justice on people's court. for once, i'm having half n' half in my coffee, only in order to use it up. tastes good too, rich--but it doesn't taste like coffee to me. i'm so used to drinking it black....

Last edited:
oo, thanks for bumping this thread, Vit. I need to order another case of coffee and I had forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom