"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #651
Executive Chef

hi girls! i have only a few minutes that i can stay, but i've brought 'mommy hugs' for both of you--i'm told i give the Best Hugs, and i can tell you really could use some comforting....there,theeeerrr, alix. yess, you too, pf--don't give me that look. my hugs will work for you too.:) awwww, see? warm embraces work wonders....
and lookie here! i brought us two quart containers of wonton soup from my favorite 'red lantern' chinese take-out place. here, just smell..., OMG, they make the best, most authentic and delicious wonton soup, with a deep-flavored chicken broth you won't believe! today it will be our chinese chicken soup for the soul, right? and look here too--dessert, hehe, chinese fortune cookies! mamasan tucked an extra bag of the treats in with my order. it should be fun to munch on the lemony crisps, and get a peek at our future destinies too, no?

you two stay put, hear? i'll serve us wonton soup in those lovely clear mugs from that yard sale 'find' of yours, alix. they'll be just perfect....let's cover you guys with these comfy duvets--they are kinda like hugs too, in a way. too bad the kitties aren't here to curl up and snuggle with us. but, i can imagine they are good companions for addie right about now....

Old 04-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #652
Chef Extraordinaire

Gee girls, see what a great friend Vit is. Us DC women always come through. Thought you would like to know that the kitties have taken to "my" bed of late. They jump up and curl up together at the foot of my bed. But that is all right. I like having them there. They are adjusting to their new diet just fine. No more crying and begging for more food. They know it won't do any good. I am just "Hard Hearted Hannah" when it comes to their weight problem. I love them dearly, and I want them to stay healthy.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #653
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks, Vit and Addie...I'm ready for a nap!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #654
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
hi girls! i have only a few minutes that i can stay, but i've brought 'mommy hugs' for both of you--i'm told i give the Best Hugs, and i can tell you really could use some comforting....there,theeeerrr, alix. yess, you too, pf--don't give me that look. my hugs will work for you too.:) awwww, see? warm embraces work wonders....
and lookie here! i brought us two quart containers of wonton soup from my favorite 'red lantern' chinese take-out place. here, just smell..., OMG, they make the best, most authentic and delicious wonton soup, with a deep-flavored chicken broth you won't believe! today it will be our chinese chicken soup for the soul, right? and look here too--dessert, hehe, chinese fortune cookies! mamasan tucked an extra bag of the treats in with my order. it should be fun to munch on the lemony crisps, and get a peek at our future destinies too, no?

you two stay put, hear? i'll serve us wonton soup in those lovely clear mugs from that yard sale 'find' of yours, alix. they'll be just perfect....let's cover you guys with these comfy duvets--they are kinda like hugs too, in a way. too bad the kitties aren't here to curl up and snuggle with us. but, i can imagine they are good companions for addie right about now....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks, Vit and Addie...I'm ready for a nap!
remember pf, the Voice is on tonight! if you are still here, we'll give you a wake-up call. man, lately i look forward to the airing of the Voice, almost like i'm getting ready to go out on a date.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #655
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
remember pf, the Voice is on tonight! if you are still here, we'll give you a wake-up call. man, lately i look forward to the airing of the Voice, almost like i'm getting ready to go out on a date.
Shrek will toss a shoe at me or something... He knows i don't want to miss it, and I'm just going to sack on the loveseat! With two cats.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #656
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek will toss a shoe at me or something... He knows i don't want to miss it, and I'm just going to sack on the loveseat! With two cats.
How romantic of Shrek! I would just love to hear his sweet talk.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #657
Executive Chef

it's almost Voice Time again! my fresh popped corn is sitting in a row of bowls on the kitchen coffee counter (in case we have company for View-watching) tonight! :) i wonder what usher has up his sleeve for the talent 'steal' they've been hyping all week. team usher is in need of help though, methinks he's not doing very well up to now--with his coaching, in particular....
Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #658
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Salisbury steak with gravy and broccoli cheese with rice for dinner. Almost ready and The Voice in an hour.

I have a cup of Dark magic so I can keep my eyes open until 8 pm.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #659
Senior Cook

I'm DVR'ing The Voice and folding laundry. Will try to catch it as I can but if I can't, I'll watch it with my mom tomorrow am.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #660
Everymom

Thanks for the TLC vitauta. I needed that. And wonton soup was just the ticket. I'm feeling a bit more human now.

Tags
coffee