"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #661
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Glad you are feeling better Alix!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #662
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Thanks for the TLC vitauta. I needed that. And wonton soup was just the ticket. I'm feeling a bit more human now.
aw babygirl, i only belatedly learned the reason for you feeling so down and sad... i'm so sorry about the death of your student. knowing you, alix, you are taking this straight in the gut.(small smile) this is your reward for being the loving, deeply caring person you are. allow yourself some comfort in knowing that you brightened and enriched this boy's life by being in it, and letting him know and feel your affection and regard for him. let time do its gradual work of wearing down the sharp edges of your grief, dear friend. i offer you hugs for now, and more to take with you, all you want and need, along with my pathetic and useless empathy....

alix, know that you have a profound effect, every day, on the kids you work with, that you make a huge difference in the quality of their lives and futures. let that knowledge help you to carry on with your significant purpose....

Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #663
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
aw babygirl, i only belatedly learned the reason for you feeling so down and sad... i'm so sorry about the death of your student. knowing you, alix, you are taking this straight in the gut.(small smile) this is your reward for being the loving, deeply caring person you are. allow yourself some comfort in knowing that you brightened and enriched this boy's life by being in it, and letting him know and feel your affection and regard for him. let time do its gradual work of wearing down the sharp edges of your grief, dear friend. i offer you hugs for now, and more to take with you, all you want and need, along with my pathetic and useless empathy....

alix, know that you have a profound effect, every day, on the kids you work with, that you make a huge difference in the quality of their lives and futures. let that knowledge help you to carry on with your significant purpose....
What Vit said and more (((hugs))).

Vit, you really have collected wisdom. This post is like a shining star.

"...let time do its gradual work of wearing down the sharp edges of your grief..."

I'm going to put that one in my file of quotes. I don't want to forget it. I want to use it.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #664
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm on my second café allongé. I'm still trying to wake up enough to get to work with the tax returns.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #665
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm on my second café allongé. I'm still trying to wake up enough to get to work with the tax returns.

taxy, i hope your super intense work season is close to ending. it is such an incredibly stressful time of year for you. one good thing though, taxy, i notice that you have not had the need to go mia from dc this year during this time. in fact, i get the impression that you come to dc for breaks from work, for laughs, distraction, and to decompress. pretty much the way some of us use our coffee klatch--a place to relax, refuel and restore--over a cuppa great coffee, with good friends or in simple solitude....
Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #666
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
taxy, i hope your super intense work season is close to ending. it is such an incredibly stressful time of year for you. one good thing though, taxy, i notice that you have not had the need to go mia from dc this year during this time. in fact, i get the impression that you come to dc for breaks from work, for laughs, distraction, and to decompress. pretty much the way some of us use our coffee klatch--a place to relax, refuel and restore--over a cuppa great coffee, with good friends or in simple solitude....
Yeah, the personal tax deadline is 30 April.

I am slowing down my tax practice. I am only keeping the clients I like. One unpleasant client phoned and asked if I was still doing taxes. I said I was cutting back, so would she please find someone else. "Well, thanks [in very sarcastic tone of voice]." and slammed down the phone. Thank you honey, for reminding me why I don't want you as a client.

So, that's part of the reason I have been spending more time on DC. I really should have been spending more time on the tax returns. Now I'm going to have to play catch up.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #667
Chef Extraordinaire

For the residents of Boston, (maybe the whole Commonwealth) we have been given an additional three months to file our taxes because of the events that took place on Marathon Monday.

Andy or any other resident of the state, do you have any additional info?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #668
Executive Chef

Relay (And Friends) Recipes: Arugula & Brie Homemade Pizza | Relay Living

these pizza toppings are so dope....my next pizza--i even have the pine nuts!:) may need to add some mushrooms and onion too....
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #669
Everymom

Thanks PF. Vitauta, that was so beautiful, thank you. I'm doing better now, and the funeral is on Tuesday. That should bring some closure to us all. They've finally told us that is was likely a heart issue.

Taxlady, thanks to you too. I sure appreciate the support you have all offered me. I'm hoping you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with taxes.

I'm sitting down with a cup of butterscotch coffee. The day has been warm and beautiful and it feels like spring.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #670
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Toddling off to bed...tomorrow is Friday...we have had 12 admits so far this week...while we needed them, they all came in bunches and we are going to be slammed repeatedly next week.

Tags
coffee