DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You've got that right Addie!

coffee-merged.jpg

Wow. Good question!
What happened to all out coffee talkers?

I'll say that I have the Fog Chaser right now because it was on sale and it's quite good. I use just a tad more milk than the Breakfast Blend.

I keep trying to get myself out to do more than just grocery shopping. There is a coffee shop about 15 miles from here that offers a MA roasted coffee, Dean's Beans. I'm eager to try a cup or three of their varieties because I'm getting a little tired of Green Mountain. After a dozen or more years of being in GM's Cafe Express club everything is tasting alike to me. Time to give the ol' taste buds a change. Maybe next week...

Shrek picked up some Jamaican Blue Mountain, whole bean. We put it in the solofil cups and into the Keurig. Was perfectly ground and tasted so good.

I tried Chai tea for the first time a couple weeks ago and I LOVED it! In general, I don't like tea - it usually has really weak flavor, to me. The only other one I enjoyed was mint tea.

But I love spices and the mixture of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, fresh ginger, star anise and black peppercorns steeped with a little black tea, then mixed with milk and honey was amazing. So good, I asked DH to buy some black tea since I already had all the spices. He was overwhelmed by the choices, so he decided to buy a box of chai tea bags. :LOL: Oh, well. I'll drink those and then get some black tea myself.

I tried Chai tea for the first time a couple weeks ago and I LOVED it! In general, I don't like tea - it usually has really weak flavor, to me. The only other one I enjoyed was mint tea.

But I love spices and the mixture of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, fresh ginger, star anise and black peppercorns steeped with a little black tea, then mixed with milk and honey was amazing. So good, I asked DH to buy some black tea since I already had all the spices. He was overwhelmed by the choices, so he decided to buy a box of chai tea bags. :LOL: Oh, well. I'll drink those and then get some black tea myself.

Does anyone else drink chai tea?

Last edited:
I'm guessing you have probably seen this already. It's been pretty viral on TV here and also online. BUT, in case you haven't, it's a really cute take-off on a popular song from Disney's "Frozen" movie. Thanks to a friend with small kids I've probably seen every parody of "Let It Go", but this one is more appropriate for the coffee room. The original song is "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" Enjoy! I did...but then, I'm one of those "theatre people". :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SDIc6bGw9w

Stopped by a little while ago to scritch the kitties. With LittleBit gone I need a kitty-fix at times. Meanwhile, in case you were wondering, this pretty much sums my day up today:

fa36d5a6e76ab9ff75a892b1b97af6b8.jpg

I can "officially" join the coffee clatch! My Keurig Rivo Espresso machine arrived on Friday and I practiced with it on the weekend. I am only able to use decaf espresso, but I can once again enjoy my lattes in the morning. :mrgreen:

I can "officially" join the coffee clatch! My Keurig Rivo Espresso machine arrived on Friday and I practiced with it on the weekend. I am only able to use decaf espresso, but I can once again enjoy my lattes in the morning. :mrgreen:
LP, you could have joined before you got the Keurig, although I'm happy that you can enjoy your beans again. But tea drinkers are welcome, and they had better let those few of us who still don't have (or want) a Keurig stop by here too. In fact, I've not only declared our house Keurig free, I'm about to make it Green Mountain free. Moving on to a smaller, more personal bean pusher. Good coffee, better prices, what's not to love?

LP, you could have joined before you got the Keurig, although I'm happy that you can enjoy your beans again. But tea drinkers are welcome, and they had better let those few of us who still don't have (or want) a Keurig stop by here too. In fact, I've not only declared our house Keurig free, I'm about to make it Green Mountain free. Moving on to a smaller, more personal bean pusher. Good coffee, better prices, what's not to love?

Oh, I know that CG! :LOL: It is just that it would be hard hanging around knowing others were enjoying their cup of java and I couldn't! I am surprisingly better with espresso than regular coffee (decaf or not). I get headaches from the caffeine. But lattes with the espresso and lots of milk doesn't bother me so much....unless I have six a day PF! :innocent:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom