"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #771
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
actually, i am kind of relieved to hear you say that, pf. i missed the entire second half of the Voice last night. normally, i wouldn't pick up the phone while this show is on, but it was my girl calling. she is the notable exception to that rule for me...anyhoo, i'm glad i didn't miss a spectacular performance last night.

tonight, some of the singers will get cut. hopefully, it will be none of my serious favorites....i don't want to sink to a new low, and start voting--no, no, i won't be doing that....
Shrek and I both vote. two phone calls apiece...not much, but you never know!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #772
Executive Chef

i think my emerging favorites are sasha and michelle. did your vote and shrek's go for winners tonight?

adam had a tough decision tonight. shakira had a hard time letting a latina sister go. i liked katrina a lot, but thought her songs did little to show her voice.

cee lo has a smile that lights up the entire northern hemisphere. hope to see him and his parrot back on the Voice next season.:)

Old 05-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #773
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thus far, I've only been surprised by Sasha Allen...I did not think she did well last night.

Ugh!!!! and Usher just saved hornboy Josiah...that one makes me mad!

Only Team Adam left...I'll be busy for a bit.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #774
Everymom

Quiet around here lately. I kinda miss Bubba and the crew. I got some new baking dishes so I have been breaking them in. There are lemon squares and blueberry muffins on the counter for anyone who wanders by. I found a GREAT old chair at a garage sale for the library, and they were practically giving books away. Got some great old cookbooks, handwritten! I can't wait to see what's in those.

If you're looking for me, I'll be in the library perusing my new find with a cup of that costa rican stuff that was in the pantry.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #775
Executive Chef

well, hello little momma, so good to see you. where have you been all week?! mmm, lemon caksies... you know how i feel about your lemon squares, alix, yumumm, and i'm going to go after one of those muffins too! are those fresh bluies in there? i'm still on my holiday schedule. as far as food goes, i figure anything goes...until tomorrow, anyhow.:)
Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #776
Chef Extraordinaire

Kittens Update

Good afternoon everyone. I am here at the Koffee Klatch House. I brought the kittens back and left written instructions for the little house elves. They no longer beg for food and are back down to a normal weight for kittens. And their fur is still so soft and fluffy. Buttons and her companion now only eat when they are hungry. I am just so proud of them. Oh, and one more thing. I managed to break them of jumping up on the counter and table tops. So when you stop by, if you want to play with them their toys are in the drawer of the lamp table. The laser light is their favorite to chase. Sometimes I even let them catch it. Then they don't know what to do with it once they have. I also left a stack of cans of tuna as they like a variety in their food every so often. But if you are inclined to make a tuna sandwich for yourself, feel free to use them.

So now I am going to go make myself a cup of coffee and put my feet up. And remember, you can play with the kitties, but you can't feed them. That is the job of the house elves. I will take them back to the vets in six months for a checkup. Unless you see a reason they should go sooner.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #777
Executive Chef

there is so much talent in this group of contestants on the Voice this season. i hope pf knows who to vote for, cause right now i still have 1/2 dozen favorites....
Old 05-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #778
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
there is so much talent in this group of contestants on the Voice this season. i hope pf knows who to vote for, cause right now i still have 1/2 dozen favorites....
So far, and we have another 45 minutes...it's Danielle Bradbery all the way. That little girl has delivered every time she has walked out on stage. I don't listen to country music that often, but she has my votes.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #779
Everymom

Glad you enjoyed the lemon squares and the blueberry muffins. Yep they were fresh. Our produce store has lovely ones right now. Big, plump and sweet. Mmmmmm.

I ditched you guys for an afternoon on a patio in the sun with a friend. It was AWESOME, but she burnt her nose. Ow. I'm good though, burnt myself last week!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #780
Executive Chef

please please please don't take away sarah, sasha, garret, danielle, kris, judith or okay, the brothers, or even vedo from the Voice competition tonight. (smile)

usher ruined michelle for me....

Tags
coffee