"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #801
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
this should be fun! we shall soon see how well you can finesse both alix and me with your alleged (think implicit here) scrabble skills, mamma!1

do you play backgammon or chess, addie? couple of guys playin' in the 'cigar room'--peeyou that place stinks, whooeee!
Sorry no chess or backgmmon. My father tried to teach me and threw his hands up in disgust.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #802
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
OK, vitauta, you are going DOWN! I know I've been a little off my game lately, but I'm back and ready to whup your arse. Come on Addie, lets show her who's boss.

And on another note, chess AND backgammon? You truly are the other half of me on the other side of the continent. I LOVE both games. I am too impulsive with chess, but I'm not a bad backgammon player.

hey, what IS this! you talk like you got all this Game going on, babygirl, an then, turns out you need addie to hold your hand into the arena. if you got it, bring it, girl!!

go find us a spelling bee tournament to enter, little girl. i'll admit you prolly got some moves 'n grooves 'n deffynishuns, spelling all of them fancy-shmancy multiple sil-AHBUL words--win us a dikshunarie, hehe....

what are you doing, ditching work today, are you alix?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #803
Chef Extraordinaire

Just to let you know, I never got a mark lower than an A+ all through school. I am the one they call when they can't find their dictionary.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #804
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
what are you doing, ditching work today, are you alix?
Nope, just on evening shift today. I don't have to leave the house for another hour or so. I've been puttering and trying to ignore most of the housework, thus I have time to mess about on here. ;)

And you can talk all the smack you like, I think we both know how evenly matched we are vocabularily. (Heeheeheehee!)
Old 05-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #805
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

That's actually called a California accent. No accent at all.
Oh no. California has the valley girl accent. No mistaking that lol
Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #806
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Nope, just on evening shift today. I don't have to leave the house for another hour or so. I've been puttering and trying to ignore most of the housework, thus I have time to mess about on here. ;)

And you can talk all the smack you like, I think we both know how evenly matched we are vocabularily. (Heeheeheehee!)

in my dreams, lexi. but...i'll take it, i'll take it! put it in my profile....

just heard some disturbing news, people. shakira is being let go from the Voice at the end of this season, so that diva Christina can return to the show! outrageous!!! we love the freshness, the warmth, the honesty and wit shakira has brought to the voice. the show is better this season because of what shakira's contributions. if Christina must come back, then let's have her take usher's seat. he's cute and nice an' all, but, come onnn, not essential to the show....
Old 05-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #807
Executive Chef

jeez, I hope some folks are going to be watching sytycd with me this summer. hair-raising performances have become routine on this, my FAVORITE tv show of the last six or so years!! I am watching right now, on fox, blowing my mind....
Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #808
Everymom

Is it on already? I love that show! I will admit, I prefer the Canadian version though. First season there was a guy named Nico who won. Holy moly could that boy dance. Look up Nico Archambault on youtube. Wow.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #809
Executive Chef

they are both outstanding dancers! they must have had fun practicing that routine.:) are the judges on the canadian sytycd famous career dancers and choreographers, like on ours? i can't understand why this show is not wildly popular here....
Old 05-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #810
Everymom

Yes, choreographers and other dancers. We often have some of the same judges. Go look at some of his other stuff. Whew! Muy caliente!

Tags
coffee