"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #951
Master Chef

Thanks for starting the kettle chops! I thought I'd drop off some mini scones I made today. I have Nordicware scone pans, two full-size scones and two minis. I like making the smaller ones not because I'm trying to save calories but because I can have one of each if I can't make up my mind!

There are some with slivered almonds, chocolate chips, and unsweetened coconut flakes - BIG flakes! The other side has some of Himself's favorites: mini-chocolate chip orange. Instead of heavy cream ('cept I'll use half and half with no real difference) I use orange juice. You also add some orange zest when you put the chocolate chips in. Oh! I just realized I made both with chocolate. I sure hope no one is allergic...

Now that I've got my plate down I'm going to pour myself water for tea.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #952
Chef Extraordinaire

I know I don't stick around to sit and have tea. Mostly to check on the kitties and make sure the house elves aren't overfeeding them again. And sometimes when I see that they are being a tad slack, I will do some of the dusting. Now that the nice weather is here again, I have to make time to just sit out on the deck and enjoy a nice big cuppa. As Kylie and some of our friends across the pond might say. I still have a tiny spot of pleurisy that is getting smaller and smaller each day. It should be completely gone by tomorrow. In the meantime, It is go back and lie down whenever I feel a twinge of pain. And I am headed right there now.

Kitties are looking just fine. They both were rubbing against my legs as soon as I showed up. Heavens I miss them so much.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #953
Executive Chef

Glad you were able to stop and have some tea CG. I wish I could have more of your treats, but I am trying to get rid of some weight. So glad you brought mini scones, so I had a coconut one. I did really well for a while and then I gained a couple of pounds back. Now this week I am down two pounds again so I seem to be back on track. Overall I am still 16 pounds lighter than I was when I started, so all is well. I have work to do, and it sounds like you are already cleaning that bathroom. I will catch you later. And...yes I turned off the kettle.

Addie,
I hope you feel better really soon. Have a nice rest.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #954
Everymom

Addie, can you come dust my place? I'm so sick of wiping up all the stupid pine pollen that has been blowing in I could scream!

Oooooo! Scones! Yummers. I'm really hungry so I'll try not to scarf too many before dinner. Just sitting down with a cup of tea and watching the dog lick out a peanut butter jar.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #955
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Thanks for starting the kettle chops! I thought I'd drop off some mini scones I made today. I have Nordicware scone pans, two full-size scones and two minis. I like making the smaller ones not because I'm trying to save calories but because I can have one of each if I can't make up my mind!

There are some with slivered almonds, chocolate chips, and unsweetened coconut flakes - BIG flakes! The other side has some of Himself's favorites: mini-chocolate chip orange. Instead of heavy cream ('cept I'll use half and half with no real difference) I use orange juice. You also add some orange zest when you put the chocolate chips in. Oh! I just realized I made both with chocolate. I sure hope no one is allergic...

Now that I've got my plate down I'm going to pour myself water for tea.

oh cg, scones! i do love my scones ever so much! pf got us started back on them a while ago. i still use her ka scones recipe to make mine, and add whatever fruit strikes my fancy....yours are cute little things, cg. i could eat a pocketful of them.

i'll have my scones with a nice strong brew--coffee, that is. and black. what, is this place turning into a tea party today?...cg, i was walkin' around here wondering to myself 'what the Hell are kettle chops?!' i'm thinkin' some kind of pork chops, maybe...finally, it dawns on me, cg is talking to choppers, about heating up the damn tea kettle!!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #956
Everymom

Hahahahahaha!!! Its too late in the day for coffee for me. I like a cuppa before dinner, and after too. Oh hell, I love it anytime!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #957
Executive Chef

hey, no fair! they have put that new baking show, with jeff foxworthy, up against masterchef! pitting two cooking shows at the same time seems to me unsporting. there is a vast wasteland of tv time slots available with nothing worth watching on them, as always. tonight i'm staying with the american baking competition, see where this new show is headed....
Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #958
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
....cg, i was walkin' around here wondering to myself 'what the Hell are kettle chops?!' i'm thinkin' some kind of pork chops, maybe...finally, it dawns on me, cg is talking to choppers, about heating up the damn tea kettle!!
Maybe chops that pac will try smoking on a Weber grill?

Quote:
hey, no fair! they have put that new baking show, with jeff foxworthy, up against masterchef! pitting two cooking shows at the same time seems to me unsporting. there is a vast wasteland of tv time slots available with nothing worth watching on them, as always. tonight i'm staying with the american baking competition, see where this new show is headed....
Ah, but those two shows are on two different networks. Divide the audiences and conquer the ratings. If you don't have a DVR you can probably catch one of those shows on their networks' website.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #959
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
I'd love to watch both too....I agree, Vit, they need to break them up! Watching MC.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #960
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'll have a cup of Vitamin C(offee) and a plate of Vitamin C(hocolate)...I'm missing a Vitamin C...oh that's right I quit smoking...2 and a half years!!!!!

I think I'll make some strawberry-rhubarb scones and some lemon iced pecan scones. I've been mixing them up at night, baking in the morning to warm up the kitchen and have a couple to take to work for our mid-morning break.

Off to work for my victims patients...if Medicare goes down the toilet, I'll be out of a job...

Tags
coffee