"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #981
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
GREAT story chopper.

Thanks for the donuts vituata! Any lemon filled ones? Mmmmmm! TWO! Woot! You know what I like best about these donuts? The filled donuts just have regular sugar on them rather than icing sugar. Delicious!

yeah, aren't they grand? for some reason, my childhood jelly-filled favorites refused to move over in later years for more 'adult' donut choices...
as you go about your day, remember that free donuts are being offered today by dunkin' donuts and krispy kreme. krispy creme has a raspberry-filled donut that is CrazY good (for its size).

Old 06-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #982
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
yeah, aren't they grand? for some reason, my childhood jelly-filled favorites refused to move over in later years for more 'adult' donut choices...
as you go about your day, remember that free donuts are being offered today by dunkin' donuts and krispy kreme. krispy creme has a raspberry-filled donut that is CrazY good (for its size).
I really enjoyed my virtual cream filled donut here, but I need to look away from the screen. I can't go get a free donut! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Must be good! Must stay away!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #983
Senior Cook

That "dash" holds everything. I remember the first time I read it.

I'll have a plain donut and a glass of milk, please. I love the plain ones the best. I only drink coffee when I have to work.

There was this little hamburger joint in downtown Reading, Pa. It was called the Crystal Palace. I remember me and my mom sneaking off there together and getting a burger, fries and chocolate milk. Thinking of that place always brings back memories of my youth. We would walk there because we couldn't afford riding the bus and it was either ride the bus or get to eat out plus the walk was fun. We would skip together and play silly games. I remember being happy when we were alone too. I have 3 half brothers and a half sister. I am the baby.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #984
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoymatey2013 View Post
That "dash" holds everything. I remember the first time I read it.

I'll have a plain donut and a glass of milk, please. I love the plain ones the best. I only drink coffee when I have to work.

There was this little hamburger joint in downtown Reading, Pa. It was called the Crystal Palace. I remember me and my mom sneaking off there together and getting a burger, fries and chocolate milk. Thinking of that place always brings back memories of my youth. We would walk there because we couldn't afford riding the bus and it was either ride the bus or get to eat out plus the walk was fun. We would skip together and play silly games. I remember being happy when we were alone too. I have 3 half brothers and a half sister. I am the baby.

I am proud to be the baby of the family. Hubby is also the youngest in his family. Isn't it great?!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #985
Senior Cook

My hubby has one older brother that was out of the house, married with a kid when he came along so basically they were both only childs.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #986
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I am proud to be the baby of the family. Hubby is also the youngest in his family. Isn't it great?!
Ken and I are both youngest children too! Best spot in the line up!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #987
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
Oh my. I need to get dressed and head up the street. Dunkie is only three minutes away by scooter. The one and only Krispy we had closed their doors. Not enough business. After all, Mass. is home of Dunkin' Donuts. They just couldn't crack the market. And they had no drive through window. Their location was perfect. And plenty of parking. But on the way to work, we want a drive thru window. We are spoiled.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #988
Executive Chef

When every step counts for my weight loss endeavor, I try to park in the lot and not use drive up windows, even at walgreens pharmacy. I have been known to grab a diet coke from McDonalds drive through while driving around for work though. Enjoy a donut for me Addie!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #989
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'll have a cup of Vitamin C(offee) and a plate of Vitamin C(hocolate)...I'm missing a Vitamin C...oh that's right I quit smoking...2 and a half years!!!!!

I think I'll make some strawberry-rhubarb scones and some lemon iced pecan scones. I've been mixing them up at night, baking in the morning to warm up the kitchen and have a couple to take to work for our mid-morning break.

Off to work for my victims patients...if Medicare goes down the toilet, I'll be out of a job...
With all the talk of Medicare, I have great faith that nothing will happen to it as long as I am alive. So let me know when you retire. I will try to hang around that long.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #990
Chef Extraordinaire

Chopper, I have those days with my daughter also And she has been gone 16 years. Last week three of her children stopped by. I was cheerful while they were here. Her two daughters are her clone. Her youngest looks exactly like she did at 21 and her oldest daughter is cloned enough to age in the same way hr mother did until her death at 35. I love them so dearly and it is so hard to look at them and see my daughter. But when they left, I broke down. Everytime I see these three children of hers, they are constantly asking me questions about her childhood. It is the only time I can talk about her with laughter.

The pain lessens, but it will never go away completely. Hang in there. And if someone tells you to get over it, I have two words you can give them. But they are not ladylike.

Tags
coffee