DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what? adonis...er, thor er, bubba doesn't work on weekends? good, then maybe i can grab a seat at this bay window (for once) and have me a nice, leisurely cuppa san fran this morning....:)

somebody here been making popcorn? i smell popcorn....

We are going to have to put up a poster when Thor is done with this job.

I'm having a cup of Dark Magic with a bowl of mandarin oranges. Just back from a 4 mile walk.

Y'all shouldn't call Bubba "Thor" he'll get all confused. His basset hound is named Thor. Thor has enormous ears that flap and get all slobbery when he runs. Trust me on this one.

Attachments

• lg_basset6.jpg
    lg_basset6.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 172
I was playing with oatmeal scones, again! I diced up two granny smith apples and stirred those in...yum. Made a little vanilla custard to go with them and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
pray tell how did you make vanilla custard? and the scones. I'm starving.
ma

Was I hogging the window seat? Sorry! And that was my popcorn you smelled. When you're watching a movie, or whatever, it is the go to snack. Mmmmm.

Did someone find my coffee mug? The one with the paw prints? I could swear I left it on the counter. Someone clean up around here? It looks AWESOME.

Was I hogging the window seat? Sorry! And that was my popcorn you smelled. When you're watching a movie, or whatever, it is the go to snack. Mmmmm.

Did someone find my coffee mug? The one with the paw prints? I could swear I left it on the counter. Someone clean up around here? It looks AWESOME.

I was bored. I can't clean up the mess my home is in right now, so I decided to clean up the Klatch Place. I just whisked through it. If I missed a spot, let me know. I used the wipes that I got from Winthrop since this is the flu season. I wiped down all handles and door knobs. I just want everyone to stay healthy. I also left my extra, hands free soap dispenser there for all to use. Happy to be of use! :angel:

really, alix, i swear. sometimes i can't believe you. honestly-- the window sill, alix. right there where you sit every day, alix-- that should have been one of the first places to look for your dopey doggy paws mug...oh sorry, that is a cute mug. i'm putting it right up here in the side cupboard, see? i like the glass- front doors, don't you? course, you have to keep your shelves extra neat, cause you can see everything that's in there--people in glass houses, you know....:)

thank you, addie, for everything you do around this place. it always looks awesome, and the air smells nice and fresh, too. must be a can of fabreze around here somewhere... sure is a good thing that nobody has to wait for me to get bored enough to do some serious cleaning around here, hehe. i really appreciate and admire our neatnick coffee klatchers hugely, i do--i just can't BE one. i think cleanliness is another one of those things that skips a generation, you know? i'm that generation that got skipped--the same one that made me flat-chested, with hopelessly curl-resistant hair, and left me without any sense of rhythm or vocal skills....who's for the ravens tonight, besides me--gotta have a sweet send-off for ol' ray....

Last edited:
WOOHOO! Thanks guys! I love that mug. Time for a Costa Rican (Tarrazu) coffee. I may put a shot of butter pecan in there. YUM!

I'm awfully glad to be back here having a coffee with y'all. I had to drive my youngest to work and decided on account of the slippery driving conditions to make only one trip out and do all my errands at once. It was some kind of slick out there.

Its nice to sit and enjoy the view out this bay window even when Thor Bubba isn't working. I brought some hummus, and I'm eating it with peapods, there are sesame crackers here if you'd rather though. I think I might have put too much garlic in this hummus. Whoo!

Last edited:
good monday, guys! heckuva game last night wasn't it, and i'm not even a football fan or follower....this morning i brought in a bag of bagel thins (110 calories only)--for when we don't have any home-baked goodies? and try this butter i'm loony over. it's amish, i think--hand rolled, unsalted butter, a huge yum! here's some of that jan's blueberry jam, too, but the butter is awesome all by itself!

i know the library room is still weeks from completion, but i see people are already donating boxfuls of books to fill our bookshelves. about half of them are cookbooks (yay), but there's also fiction and non-fiction, every conceivable genre--really, a booklover's waking dream! now what we really need, and soon, is somebody to organize, catalog and set up our little library. do you know anyone? they don't have to know library science...for right now, we are just storing the books in the overflow space behind the kitchen. eventually, that hole in the wall will be finished off and become our pantry....can you believe it? a pantry! the way this place is growing by leaps and bounds, just like jack's beanstalk--right before our eyes....and listen, if you see gg or skittles, make sure to inform them about the study area we are having built--invite them in for a look around, and a nice cuppa....:)

Last edited:
OH ME ME ME! Pick me vitauta! I'm a bit OCD about organizing stuff and I think we all know I'm a bibliophile as well. Maybe you and PF can jump in and help too? I will work on the boxes and get them all sorted and ready to put on the shelves Bubba is building. Where is he by the way? I don't see him out back.

I brought some butter pecan flavoring in. Want me to make you a latte?

Sorry for the noise folks. Bubba and crew just rolled in. Time for a little backhoe and blade work. Foundation forms should be ready by sundown.

Early day tomorrow. Cement trucks will be rolling in about 0500 tomorrow morning.

Backhoe and blade work huh? PF, help me drag those boxes over to the window seat. Lets organize in comfort. :rolleyes:

ooh alix, you are the perfect person to cull through and organize all those books! it was you and a few other avid (obsessive) book readers who came to mind, but i honestly didn't think you would have that kind of time to devote to a job this time-consuming. i promise you will get all the help you need. thankyou, thankyou, alix! how about you put up a sign-up sheet right here by the coffee machines, where everyone can see it. we'll just put it out there--volunteers needed to work with our books, no experience required!:) and i'll help too, when i can....
pf to the rescue too--this monday is getting better every minute!
one thing, we need someone to make contact with a used book store right away. you can see, we have many duplicate books and ones in poor condition....

Last edited:
*ACHOOO!* Whooee! Some of these books are dusty! Pass me that swiffer duster would you please? OK PF, here's my plan. I'm sorting into Fiction/Non Fiction first of all, then basic genres from there. I've got a Cookbook section for the Non Fiction, but really the only other books I've seen for that are some How To stuff. Do you think we should sort the cookbooks by type of cooking they feature or by author's name?

The fiction section is far more varied. I've got some mystery, some romance, a few horror and some true crime going on. I'll label the boxes and let you sort them onto the shelves. Bubba installed the shelves on one side of the library. You choose whether to do fiction or non fiction over there.

Back
Top Bottom