DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morning all. I brought in some cinnamon buns. I made WAY too many yesterday. I was just sort of in my own little world and by the time I tuned it to how much I was making it was far too late. Great recipe, just way too many for us to eat.

You guys ever read a series by an author and just LOVE it, then read something else by the same author and it just doesn't grab you at all? This Kelley Armstrong I'm reading is just OK. I'll donate it when I'm done. Maybe someone will enjoy it more than I have.

Did I see the chairs made it in? Lovely! Anyone see kadesma these days?

Morning all. I brought in some cinnamon buns. I made WAY too many yesterday. I was just sort of in my own little world and by the time I tuned it to how much I was making it was far too late. Great recipe, just way too many for us to eat.

You guys ever read a series by an author and just LOVE it, then read something else by the same author and it just doesn't grab you at all? This Kelley Armstrong I'm reading is just OK. I'll donate it when I'm done. Maybe someone will enjoy it more than I have.

Did I see the chairs made it in? Lovely! Anyone see kadesma these days?
I'm here Alix, just brought in some burrito's for breakfast, eggs,scrambled,crumbled pancetta,diced and sauteed onion,mushrooms,sausage there are at least 10 of them if cut in half well lets say there is plenty, would someone else grain in some sountry frieds and toast please gotta go to Cade's soccer game.
ma

I'm reheating one of those for my lunch kadesma! YUMMERS! Thanks for those. I just got back from a funeral. Blech. I'm at the stage of life where we are attending funerals for our parents and our friends parents. I dread the next stage.

Just catching my breath before I run out to do the grocery shopping I neglected to do yesterday.

I'm reheating one of those for my lunch kadesma! YUMMERS! Thanks for those. I just got back from a funeral. Blech. I'm at the stage of life where we are attending funerals for our parents and our friends parents. I dread the next stage.

Just catching my breath before I run out to do the grocery shopping I neglected to do yesterday.

When my daughter died, there were about four more deaths in the family in quick sucession. It took a lot out of me. Since then, there have been notices of folks I went to school with. I just send a card to the family. :angel:

OK all! I'm back from grocery shopping and I thought I'd put together a fruit plate to nibble on. Pineapple, blackberries, grapes, canteloupe and strawberries. I think I'll grab another one of those burritos kadesma left. I'm starved.

Heading for the library...

Bubba and the brothers D will be taking tomorrow off. The framing work is complete and the tyvek house wrap is in place.

Next week the roofers will be out. Get ready for lots of hammering. You may be acquainted with the foreman. Goes by the name of Dwayne Schneider. He used to be a building superintendent back in the 70's and 80's in Indianapolis, Indiana. He still just as obnoxious as he ever was but I was able to trade him a side of beef to furnish the labor for this job.

Bubba picked out forest green 30 year architectural shingles. He said that you were such a good group and all that he would donate them to make up for the whole 2nd story thing.

dwayne schneider. i remember schneider-- a walking, swaggering tool belt. a lightweight sleaze with an overblown ego. he's in charge of building our roof? it figures...so far, bubba is turning out to be the shining star of our construction cast of characters--the creme de la creme....

so nice and quiet here today, without the workers. i can actually hear my coffee brewing. mmm, smells like fresh-ground coffee beans in here. let me see if i can scrounge up some good munchies in this fridge... look at all the magnets decorating the refrigerator door--odd pattern too. just so long as the magnet letters don't start spelling out words...when we get our suggestion box set up in here i'm going to strongly 'suggest' that ghosts not be allowed anywhere on the dc coffeehouse premises.

oh god, i can hear the protests from pf and pag already, and their ghost sympathizer buddies....

Last edited:
Nothing scary about ghosts...they are just friends and family checking in on us.

I don't get any coffee (caffiene) today...I got up at 4:30 this morning for my last cup for over 24 hours...then I went back to bed.

No baking today, either...makes me want coffee.:rolleyes::LOL:

Nothing scary about ghosts...they are just friends and family checking in on us.

I don't get any coffee (caffiene) today...I got up at 4:30 this morning for my last cup for over 24 hours...then I went back to bed.

No baking today, either...makes me want coffee.:rolleyes::LOL:
How about some of my decaff Italian roast it's so nummy?
ma

but then she'd be needing some sugar-free pastries to go with....

anybody seen stephen king 'lurking' around here lately? his ghosts aren't very friendly or family oriented (shiver)

There's always still some caffiene and I can't even have chocolate...I'm okay, just getting through the day! Thanks, Ma!
Ok sweetie, want some sugar free jello with me.? I picked up some Orange and some lemon-lime if your interested
ma

I once lived in a house that had a ghost cat and ghost mice. Both exDH and I saw them, out of the corner of our eyes. They were never visible when you looked right at them. I saw the cat first and he saw the mice first. :LOL:

and then what happened?
Once we told each other what we had seen, we both starting seeing cat and mice. The cat would sit on the stairs down to the basement living room and that mice scurried across the kitchen floor, or hid near the cupboard doors.

could your ghost kitty have been a feral cat with quick reflexes?

Lol! Just not "buying" it are you Vit? I don't mind ghosts as long as they are friendly.
Taxlady, did the ghost cat every try to catch the ghost mice? Lol!

Anybody mind if I have wine tonight instead of coffee?

please, help yourself, bunny. i'll join you with my liqueur-spiked coffee. i'm helping to celebrate australia day for the second day in a row, and the birth of katie's grandson earlier today!! aren't babies grand? grandbabies bring pure love with them--they're like a direct love infusion, don't you agree? we have wine in the fridge, bunny, but i haven't seen any wine glasses. how about this lemon-yellow mcdonald's cup, or would you prefer to use this lovely dc coffee mug? do you have elusive kitties too....?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom