DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure, Vit. Kadesma has a good start on those herbs & veggies - Alix's box o' greens is apparently going great guns already. How about these old standbys:

Cilantro
Thyme
Parsley (curly & flat leaf)
Rosemary
Basil

And veggie-wise, beets, spinach, sweet potatoes, chard (I think CWS is a chard fan), beans, and dare I mention the Z word? This year I have seriously down-sized my plot into a pot, with one Z plant and two tomatoes.

Attachments

• Tomato and Squash Pot L D&C.jpg
    Tomato and Squash Pot L D&C.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 135
we have a fine start-up for an herb garden thanks to our kat team.(kades, alix and tin):) so far, so good! are shallots and kohlrabi as easy to grow as onions?
'z' plants come with the prettiest foliage, don't they? why are we not speaking openly about 'z', tin? i must have missed the bulletin--typical of me....:)

nice, healthy looking tomato(?) plants, alix. what don't you do well?:)

Can't make cream puffs. AT ALL. And my green thumb is strictly an outdoor green thumb. Any houseplant that survives here is an aloe plant or an african violet. Any other plant is doomed to certain death.

I will admit, I'm very much looking forward to another year of tomato growing.

Oh, V, it's just zucchini's bad rep for over-producing. My brother once told me that everyone at their neighborhood church makes sure to lock their car doors so that bags of zukes don't appear magically in the back seat after services.

My last attempt at zukes was beset by pests that ruined the stems & fruit. I'm watching this lonesome little plant with an eagle-eye, hoping to outwit the bugs this time. Shall we issue a mandate that along with no weeds, no pests? Of course, pollinators are excepted. We'll have auto-organics w/no pesticides.

You can order Lady Bugs on line and release them into your garden. They love to eat all those little critters that love to gnaw on your plants. Nature's natural control. :angel:

Oh, V, it's just zucchini's bad rep for over-producing. My brother once told me that everyone at their neighborhood church makes sure to lock their car doors so that bags of zukes don't appear magically in the back seat after services.

My last attempt at zukes was beset by pests that ruined the stems & fruit. I'm watching this lonesome little plant with an eagle-eye, hoping to outwit the bugs this time. Shall we issue a mandate that along with no weeds, no pests? Of course, pollinators are excepted. We'll have auto-organics w/no pesticides.

my first smile of the day--thanks, tin.:) i would leave my car open all summer if there was any chance of having lumpy brown bags of fresh produce left for me by an overzealous gardener--zucchini, cukes, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.--all welcome. (it's the unwashed silver '94 subaru legacy with the strange vanity plate):)

i like addie's idea about the lady bugs. lady bugs are one of the very few insects that have free roaming rights on my person. fireflies are another one...we should research organic farming to see how that's done--soil preparations, disease resistant plant varieties, etc...

i'm making another fog-chaser coffee for myself--it's only my second one today.:) can i fix one for you too? or a nice cup of this green tea, here--ever had this kind, tin? supposed to be healthy, or good for losing weight or something... and addie, do tell us about all of that snow that got dumped on you folks there in new england. by nemo, really?

The crew is finishing up the new addition today. Tim and Al are pressed for time, their flight leaves tomorrow morning. The brothers D will still be around for a few days to put on the finishing touches.

Tim installed twin 480 volt garbage disposals in the 3 tub sink. Sounds like a jet engine taking off. Keep the kids away from it please.

One of the best innovations is a "murphy" buffet table. Folds into a recess in the wall until needed. The legs are built into the finish work of the wainscoting and it blends into the decor when not in use. It's a little over 8 feet long and almost 3' feet deep. Made of solid walnut.

We went with the "Al's diner" theme in the rec room. Tim built a suspended billiards table that rests on the ceiling when not in use. When we need it there is a switch on the wall to lower it. All we have to do is fold out the legs.

The study is finished, Tim built out floor to ceiling book cases with beveled glass doors. They span three walls with a ladder that runs on a brass rail around the top. I negotiated for a walk in Spanish cedar humidor. He also installed an industrial ventilation system to keep the room clear of smoke.

If you see anything out of place or needing a little more work. Please let me know so I can get Darrell, Darrell, and Darell to take care of it.

Oh! Oh it's so beautiful! Al, Tim and brothers D...thank you so much!

Oh that rec room ROCKS. Anyone up for a game? *click clack* I do love some billiards! I suck at it, but I love it.

Oh! Oh it's so beautiful! Al, Tim and brothers D...thank you so much!

Oh that rec room ROCKS. Anyone up for a game? *click clack* I do love some billiards! I suck at it, but I love it.

My sister and I made a game last almost an hour in a single table bar one Friday night...we had fun but the serious guys were mad.:LOL::ROFLMAO: Don't give us a couple of drinks and pool cues...'cuz everything is funny by then.

.40, I think we'd better depend on you to do a walk-through with the punch list - make sure the FFE is complete. When you say it's finished, it's finished!

Y'all realize, of course, that many happy homes are going to be disrupted by this place -- who wouldn't want to just pack a bag and spend all their time here?

My sister and I made a game last almost an hour in a single table bar one Friday night...we had fun but the serious guys were mad.:LOL::ROFLMAO: Don't give us a couple of drinks and pool cues...'cuz everything is funny by then.

Next time tell the owners to put in a second table. One for the girls and one for the guys. Of course other than you and your sister, all the girls will want to play with the men. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom