DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, enough with the crumbs on the table and counters.

Which colour should I get?

Hot-Wholesale-Wholesale-12-pcs-lot-DUSTPAN-BRUSH-font-b-SET-b-font-WHISK-font-b.jpg

Each table should have it's own...

If you folks would stop giving clothes to the house elves they would hang around longer.

CHROME-CRUMB-TRAY-BRUSH-WISK-BROOM-VINTAGE-FLOWER-PATTERN-DUST-PAN-

i'm rather partial to this vintage set from ontario, myself.:) but, we can have more than one--need more than one, anyway. what we really need is people to clean up their own messes. we can't expect addie and kades to pick up after us all of the time....

i'm hungry! what's sweet to eat tonight, anything? i need something to go with my mocha coffee....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I brought the house elves...they will hang out forever enjoying their clean-up fun as long as you don't mind them running around starkers. If you give them clothes, they hang around in gratitude and then wander off.

That's why I brought the house elves...they will hang out forever enjoying their clean-up fun as long as you don't mind them running around starkers. If you give them clothes, they hang around in gratitude and then wander off.

My, my. The things you learn on DC!

raunchy little buggers, they must be in hiding when i'm here. i haven't seen or heard from the wee guys myself.:)where did you get them, pf? aren't there laws against this type of elf trafficking? jk, but do tell, how are house elves different from meadow elves or forest sprites? is it their attitudes about wearing/not wearing clothes? are these irish elves left over from st. patty's day?

far as i'm concerned, the elves are free to run around in any state of dress or undress that strikes their little sprite fancies. just tell them the tiramisu is off limits to them, and my blueberry danish, too....:)

Last edited:
I'm not trafficking in elves. Honest and aboveboard negotiation for a group to come in and clean for us. They have room and board for their services...the clothing thing is a leftover from when they were being exploited by certain wizard families and forced into servitude. If the bad wizards gave them any clothing they were free, ours don't have to worry about that, but clothing lets them wander out of the house in any weather and they soon forget to come back and become homeless.

I just got back from feeding the kitties. You should have seen Buttons. I sat down in the rocker to watch them eat, and when they were finished, he jumped right up on my lap and fell asleep. I sat there as long as I could. When I was ready to leave, I gently picked him up and put him in his kitty bed. He just slept right through it all. I wanted to have a cup of tea while I was there, but I didn't dare disturb Buttons. :angel:

Are you SURE we don't have house elves? I thought I saw Kreacher muttering behind the library shelves earlier. *shudder* He's a mean one he is.

I've been too busy mopping up after the great thaw to do much more than peek in now and again. I'll be in over the weekend a bit to say hello. I'm doing two dinners this weekend. Sunday for the Gramma's and Monday for the boyfriends. I'm hoping they will all participate in a wicked game of pictionary or two. Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!

On a slightly unrelated note, there is a Harry Potter movie marathon this weekend!

I brought in a porch swing I found at an estate sale. I made a new canopy for it, but the cushions need to be recovered. I've just tossed a blanket over them for now, but if someone is feeling industrious I brought in some canvas. I thought it would be a nice addition for the deck.

Chris Hadfield

chris hadfield, canadian astronaut, is my latest favorite guy to follow on twitter. and i only follow a very select few people. prepare to be excited and delighted by his vids and his photos of earth from space. you don't want to miss this, and ongoing....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still on my first coffee and I have tax return work to do. Sigh. I hope I don't have to fight with the software on my Kaylie, my desktop computer.

Back
Top Bottom