DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm getting ready to pop a kettle of popcorn again in readiness for the Voice. besides brewing a fresh pot of coffee, i have a couple of bottles of cabernet sauvignon chilling in the fridge. yeah, right? looking for a few good cheeses to go with...
there's about 1/2 hour before V hour. who's up for watching it with me tonight? we'll drink toasts to my favorite teams, team adam and team shakira, right? i'll drink to your faves too.:) it'll be fun. so nice that monday has become a day with something special to distinguish it. used to be such a sucky day....

Just now coming on...I have whole wheat Ritz with Cambozola cheese (Latté approved) with lightly sugared fresh strawberries and a mug of Dark Magic. Bring on The Voice!

you know how to arrive, pf! i love cambozola, beautiful blend of two great cheeses. latte likes bleu cheese? are you sure he is a cat?

this knock-out round tonight is PAINful! leastways, it has been for me....

Latté LOVES bleu cheese...she begs for it. It was funny watching her watch my every move. She must have got about an ounce.

I am mostly happy with the picks tonight, but I would have picked Orlando Dixon. Other than that, it's gone with my picks. Waiting for the third Shakira pick.

Yes, Latté will not eat American cheese, I think her criteria is anything over $5 a pound, used to be $3...but inflation you know.

tomorrow is MAY, coffeemates! some of you might already have seen some signs of this coming...nature...motorcycles...baseball...proms...spring fashions. me, i need a more positive sign to get my may mood on....

did we decide to have a swimming pool built here in time for memorial day, guys? is it a May Event we can agree on? even an above-ground pool might do it for us here at our coffeehouse place... summer swims 'n laying in the sun, and Party Central, all rolled into one! or are we rolling too fast here....

....did we decide to have a swimming pool built here in time for memorial day, guys?

The swimming pool project is stalled. We can't get a permit from the county because the plans encroach on a utility easement. There isn't enough room to put it on the property we now own. We could buy the lot next door but it is prohibitively expensive at $127000.

I am the worst person to talk about tenor, bass, etc. I can't carry a tune in a bag and I have no clue. But, I can tell you who I enjoy listening to and how their voice makes me feel.

we have a third night special episode of the Voice this week, airing tonight! next week, when they begin the live shows, the Voice will again be on monday, tuesday and wednesday--yay! that's a lot of airtime!:)

Last edited:
Morning all! Just started my days off with a bang! Got the laundry all folded and some other stuff started, tidied a bathroom and the living room. Got my ironing pile ready (ick!) and I'm taking a break before I start vacuuming and scrubbing floors. How does a house get so dirty in 6 days?

I would sure love a house elf or two over at my place to keep things tidy.

Morning all! Just started my days off with a bang! Got the laundry all folded and some other stuff started, tidied a bathroom and the living room. Got my ironing pile ready (ick!) and I'm taking a break before I start vacuuming and scrubbing floors. How does a house get so dirty in 6 days?

I would sure love a house elf or two over at my place to keep things tidy.

I want a big lever so I can just flush mine...:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom