DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on Addie and admit it, you "use" your Rs. You guys just save them up to tag onto the end of words ending in "a". Isn't that the "idear"? :LOL: And for an area that worked so hard to separate itself from the Mother Country it amuses me at how "English" Boston and it's nearby suburbs act. In my observations over the 13 years we've been here the closer to Bahstun the more propah the speech pattern is. All I've picked up in all those years is to soften the word "about", sounding just a wee more Canadian than Cleveland.

Fraid not. If you heard my speech patterns you would know after just five words that I come from Boston. And that would be "idee-ah'. :angel:

It's really funny when you watch the TV news up here though. The reporters almost always have no trace of an accent, sounding more like someone like me, people who grew up along the North Coast from roughly greater Erie PA (or maybe as far east as Buffalo) to Chicago. That region has very little of an accent. In fact, a friend of mine from the Columbus area went to broadcaster's school to learn proper reporter pronunciation. When he talked "regular" you could tell he was from central Ohio (the state starts to break into minute accent differences around Akron) but when he put on his radio voice he sounded just like...me! Seems like the "Cleveland accent" is NO accent! :LOL: I'm like the sliced white sandwich bread of languages...:(

That's actually called a California accent. No accent at all. :angel:

Why did JFK and the other Kennedys say Cuber and Africer? Because they had two"r"s leftover from Hahvahd.

The Kennedy clan has a mix of Irish accent mixed into their speech. Rose if the daughter of Honey Fitz who came from Ireland and the Kennedys grandfather Patrick also came from Ireland. So they all grew up around the Irish accent. In spite of coming from Boston the Kennedy family are not my favorite politicians. :angel:

where are you Voice fans, who is going to watch the Live Playoffs with me tonight? team shakira and team blake are up to the plate next....:)

Watched and watched...odd, I got no big Tada moments except for Blake's girls...they both blew me away. Danielle and Holly!!!

I thought you all might like a report on how they are doing.

Buttons and her friend have lost a bit of weight. I continue to make them excersize. They now want to do it on their own. With some of the weight gone, they are more playful. I will keep them on their reduced intake of food for another week and see if they lose more. Then I will decide whether to give them a small increase for maintenance. If that works, then they will be ready to come home. I know you all miss them. But all of you have to promise to stop feeding them every time you are there. It is just not healthy for them. I took them to the vet for a checkup and she was very happy with their health. She told me to keep doing what I was. They have all their shots. :angel:

i missed your kitty report! we are pleased to hear about the kitties' progress under your care, addie.:) i think we, at the klatch have resolved to maintain a healthy feeding regimen for buttons and domino going forward. it is really quiet and rather dull in this house without the kits around. we will be ready to have them come home just as soon as you can let them go, addie.
a while back, pf suggested that we have the elves take on the entire responsibility of feeding the kits upon their return, and enforce a strict non-feeding policy for the rest of the house.

i know it sounds like a rather draconian measure to take, but we want to keep our kits healthy and fit. and if we don't want them going through more rehab programs in the future, we really need to embrace a permanent life plan for them when they get back.

Last edited:
i missed your kitty report! we are pleased to hear about the kitties' progress under your care, addie.:) i think we, at the klatch have resolved to maintain a healthy feeding regimen for buttons and domino going forward. it is really quiet and rather dull in this house without the kits around. we will be ready to have them come home just as soon as you can let them go, addie.
a while back, pf suggested that we have the elves take on the entire responsibility of feeding the kits upon their return, and enforce a strict non-feeding policy for the rest of the house.

i know it sounds like a rather draconian measure to take, but we want to keep our kits healthy and fit. and if we don't want them going through more rehab programs in the future, we really need to embrace a permanent life plan for them when they get back.

It also allows us to take a vacation at times and know the fur babies are in good hands.

my mind and my body are in sweet peaceful harmony at this moment. heck yeah, i'm fixing me a mugga of my fogchaser just the same. why wouldn't i?

...it's like the best kind of valium morning without the valium, chums....

It also allows us to take a vacation at times and know the fur babies are in good hands.

Excellent idea about the elves. And it will help keep the elves out of mischief. I gave them just a quarter of a cup more of their food this morning. They both left a couple of pieces in each of their bowls. :angel:

Last edited:
I woke up around 9:30 this morning. I had only one cup of coffee yesterday. I decided I was a bit dehydrated yesterday and had only one cup as to my usual a couple of pots. So when I woke up today, even before heading to the outhouse, I made sure there was going to be a cup of coffee for me. My system was screaming for its needed caffeine. :angel:

Watched and watched...odd, I got no big Tada moments except for Blake's girls...they both blew me away. Danielle and Holly!!!

actually, i am kind of relieved to hear you say that, pf. i missed the entire second half of the Voice last night. normally, i wouldn't pick up the phone while this show is on, but it was my girl calling.:) she is the notable exception to that rule for me...anyhoo, i'm glad i didn't miss a spectacular performance last night.

tonight, some of the singers will get cut. hopefully, it will be none of my serious favorites....i don't want to sink to a new low, and start voting--no, no, i won't be doing that....:)

actually, i am kind of relieved to hear you say that, pf. i missed the entire second half of the Voice last night. normally, i wouldn't pick up the phone while this show is on, but it was my girl calling.:) she is the notable exception to that rule for me...anyhoo, i'm glad i didn't miss a spectacular performance last night.

tonight, some of the singers will get cut. hopefully, it will be none of my serious favorites....i don't want to sink to a new low, and start voting--no, no, i won't be doing that....:)

Shrek and I both vote. two phone calls apiece...not much, but you never know!

i think my emerging favorites are sasha and michelle. did your vote and shrek's go for winners tonight?

adam had a tough decision tonight. shakira had a hard time letting a latina sister go. i liked katrina a lot, but thought her songs did little to show her voice.

cee lo has a smile that lights up the entire northern hemisphere. hope to see him and his parrot back on the Voice next season.:)

Thus far, I've only been surprised by Sasha Allen...I did not think she did well last night.

Ugh!!!! and Usher just saved hornboy Josiah...that one makes me mad!

Only Team Adam left...I'll be busy for a bit.

Quiet around here lately. I kinda miss Bubba and the crew. I got some new baking dishes so I have been breaking them in. There are lemon squares and blueberry muffins on the counter for anyone who wanders by. I found a GREAT old chair at a garage sale for the library, and they were practically giving books away. Got some great old cookbooks, handwritten! I can't wait to see what's in those.

If you're looking for me, I'll be in the library perusing my new find with a cup of that costa rican stuff that was in the pantry.

well, hello little momma, so good to see you. where have you been all week?! mmm, lemon caksies... you know how i feel about your lemon squares, alix, yumumm, and i'm going to go after one of those muffins too! are those fresh bluies in there? i'm still on my holiday schedule. as far as food goes, i figure anything goes...until tomorrow, anyhow.:)

Kittens Update

Good afternoon everyone. I am here at the Koffee Klatch House. I brought the kittens back and left written instructions for the little house elves. They no longer beg for food and are back down to a normal weight for kittens. And their fur is still so soft and fluffy. Buttons and her companion now only eat when they are hungry. I am just so proud of them. Oh, and one more thing. I managed to break them of jumping up on the counter and table tops. So when you stop by, if you want to play with them their toys are in the drawer of the lamp table. The laser light is their favorite to chase. Sometimes I even let them catch it. Then they don't know what to do with it once they have. I also left a stack of cans of tuna as they like a variety in their food every so often. But if you are inclined to make a tuna sandwich for yourself, feel free to use them.

So now I am going to go make myself a cup of coffee and put my feet up. And remember, you can play with the kitties, but you can't feed them. That is the job of the house elves. I will take them back to the vets in six months for a checkup. Unless you see a reason they should go sooner.

there is so much talent in this group of contestants on the Voice this season. i hope pf knows who to vote for, cause right now i still have 1/2 dozen favorites....

there is so much talent in this group of contestants on the Voice this season. i hope pf knows who to vote for, cause right now i still have 1/2 dozen favorites....

So far, and we have another 45 minutes...it's Danielle Bradbery all the way. That little girl has delivered every time she has walked out on stage. I don't listen to country music that often, but she has my votes.

Glad you enjoyed the lemon squares and the blueberry muffins. Yep they were fresh. Our produce store has lovely ones right now. Big, plump and sweet. Mmmmmm.

I ditched you guys for an afternoon on a patio in the sun with a friend. It was AWESOME, but she burnt her nose. Ow. I'm good though, burnt myself last week!

please please please don't take away sarah, sasha, garret, danielle, kris, judith or okay, the brothers, or even vedo from the Voice competition tonight. (smile)

usher ruined michelle for me....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom