DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michelle will survive, if not tonight she will go on, she now has the confidence and support of quite a few big names. She is very unique.

Amber and Danielle!!! Go girls!

my top 3: sarah, sasha and judith!!! go girls!

do the elves need help opening cat food cans? are dumdum and buttons eating according to addie's instructions? is anyone monitoring the kitties' feeding schedule?

are they getting enough to eat? too much? just right?

should i maybe be stopping in every day for a while until the kitties get settled back into their routine here at the coffeehouse? (worried brow)

Last edited:
The elves are doing fine with the feeding schedule. They are fine with opening the cans, they are magical creatures after all...I would not ever leave cats or introduce someone into their environment who was suspect in caring for cats.

it's just me, a cup of steaming black coffee, and a whole swedish visiting cake i baked tonight, extra toasted almonds. the 'visitors' part is optional....

I have a cup of chamomile...need to wind down and head to bed. Didn't sleep well last night, so doubly tired today. Get these kittens to get their boat motors rumbling and i will be down for the count. Thanks for the cake, Vit, I'll save a slice for breakfast!

Right, right-right-right, pf, thanks. i'll just head on back to farmville, now....

I left implicit written instructions for the elves. Don't be surprised if you see some food left in their bowls. They now eat only as much as the feel like. Sometimes they will eat all of it and sometimes they leave some for later. It all depends on how active they have been. But I do appreciate all the love everyone gives them. They still love to jump on your lap for some patting. I love listening to their purring. It is so restful for me. It tells me that all is right with the world. :angel:

I left implicit written instructions for the elves. Don't be surprised if you see some food left in their bowls. They now eat only as much as the feel like. Sometimes they will eat all of it and sometimes they leave some for later. It all depends on how active they have been. But I do appreciate all the love everyone gives them. They still love to jump on your lap for some patting. I love listening to their purring. It is so restful for me. It tells me that all is right with the world. :angel:

magical beings or not, i'm sure the elves would still prefer to have 'explicit' feeding instructions for the kitties, addie...:) implicitly i know that's exactly what you gave them too, addie.:) let me take this opportunity to thank you once again, addie, for the special love and devotion you have brought into the lives of these two kitties. buttons and dom started out as two scrawny strays from the spca, and just look at them now--beautiful and healthy specimens of the canine persuasion!! don't be a stranger, addie. buttons likes to curl up in your rocking chair after breakfast, and wait your arrival. she hasn't quite figured out the geographics of the situation yet, but senses an addie connection to this little fireside chair. smart kittly....:)

And now, a dissection of extrinsic and intrinsic...go. I enjoyed the last one about implicit and explicit, but you forgot illicit. ;) I love it that we're foodies AND wordies. That probably means its my turn on WWF right vitauta?

Heeeey! Why has no one set up the scrabble board in the library! Vitauta, I'm putting it out. Come play a game with me. I put your Fogchaser by the Keurig. Lets go!

And now, a dissection of extrinsic and intrinsic...go. I enjoyed the last one about implicit and explicit, but you forgot illicit. ;) I love it that we're foodies AND wordies. That probably means its my turn on WWF right vitauta?

Heeeey! Why has no one set up the scrabble board in the library! Vitauta, I'm putting it out. Come play a game with me. I put your Fogchaser by the Keurig. Lets go!

You know I was thinking explicit and the dang wrong keys jumped under my fingers. I hate when that happens. That's what I get for not proofing. :angel:

you know i'm in, lexi! where'd addie go off to? a scrabble threesome is ever so much more exciting than a one-on-one, at least strategically, wouldn't you agree?

lexi here, we've got this little bit of Swedish visiting cake left from last night. I can hardly stand how good this sweet nutty cake is with a cuppa bitter black coffee! oh, danka for my fogchaser, sweetie. you ready to get whupped in scrabble, or shall we team up against addie when she gets here? JKJKJK, addie!!! :)

you know i'm in, lexi! where'd addie go off to? a scrabble threesome is ever so much more exciting than a one-on-one, at least strategically, wouldn't you agree?

lexi here, we've got this little bit of Swedish visiting cake left from last night. I can hardly stand how good this sweet nutty cake is with a cuppa bitter black coffee! oh, danka for my fogchaser, sweetie. you ready to get whupped in scrabble, or shall we team up against addie when she gets here? JKJKJK, addie!!! :)

:wacko:I am here. And I just need some i's for the word implicit. I also have two o's with a z. Team up against me huh? I'll show ya! Yna Yna :angel:

this should be fun! we shall soon see how well you can finesse both alix and me with your alleged (think implicit here) scrabble skills, mamma!1

do you play backgammon or chess, addie? couple of guys playin' in the 'cigar room'--peeyou that place stinks, whooeee!

Last edited:
OK, vitauta, you are going DOWN! I know I've been a little off my game lately, but I'm back and ready to whup your arse. Come on Addie, lets show her who's boss.

And on another note, chess AND backgammon? You truly are the other half of me on the other side of the continent. I LOVE both games. I am too impulsive with chess, but I'm not a bad backgammon player.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom