DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this should be fun! we shall soon see how well you can finesse both alix and me with your alleged (think implicit here) scrabble skills, mamma!1

do you play backgammon or chess, addie? couple of guys playin' in the 'cigar room'--peeyou that place stinks, whooeee!

Sorry no chess or backgmmon. My father tried to teach me and threw his hands up in disgust.

OK, vitauta, you are going DOWN! I know I've been a little off my game lately, but I'm back and ready to whup your arse. Come on Addie, lets show her who's boss.

And on another note, chess AND backgammon? You truly are the other half of me on the other side of the continent. I LOVE both games. I am too impulsive with chess, but I'm not a bad backgammon player.

hey, what IS this! you talk like you got all this Game going on, babygirl, an then, turns out you need addie to hold your hand into the arena. if you got it, bring it, girl!!

go find us a spelling bee tournament to enter, little girl.;) i'll admit you prolly got some moves 'n grooves 'n deffynishuns, spelling all of them fancy-shmancy multiple sil-AHBUL words--win us a dikshunarie, hehe....:yum:

what are you doing, ditching work today, are you alix?

Last edited:
Just to let you know, I never got a mark lower than an A+ all through school. I am the one they call when they can't find their dictionary. :angel:

what are you doing, ditching work today, are you alix?

Nope, just on evening shift today. I don't have to leave the house for another hour or so. I've been puttering and trying to ignore most of the housework, thus I have time to mess about on here. ;)

And you can talk all the smack you like, I think we both know how evenly matched we are vocabularily. (Heeheeheehee!)

Nope, just on evening shift today. I don't have to leave the house for another hour or so. I've been puttering and trying to ignore most of the housework, thus I have time to mess about on here. ;)

And you can talk all the smack you like, I think we both know how evenly matched we are vocabularily. (Heeheeheehee!)

in my dreams, lexi. but...i'll take it, i'll take it! put it in my profile....

just heard some disturbing news, people. shakira is being let go from the Voice at the end of this season, so that diva Christina can return to the show! outrageous!!! we love the freshness, the warmth, the honesty and wit shakira has brought to the voice. the show is better this season because of what shakira's contributions. if Christina must come back, then let's have her take usher's seat. he's cute and nice an' all, but, come onnn, not essential to the show....

Last edited:
jeez, I hope some folks are going to be watching sytycd with me this summer. hair-raising performances have become routine on this, my FAVORITE tv show of the last six or so years!! I am watching right now, on fox, blowing my mind....

Last edited:
they are both outstanding dancers! they must have had fun practicing that routine.:) are the judges on the canadian sytycd famous career dancers and choreographers, like on ours? i can't understand why this show is not wildly popular here....

Yes, choreographers and other dancers. We often have some of the same judges. Go look at some of his other stuff. Whew! Muy caliente!

nico, nico is a hottie! good looking, yes, but it is the way he moves, the way his body interprets music, that makes him the phenomenal dancer he is. being deaf in one year may present some technical challenges for him as a dancer, but I think it also adds something edgy to his performances, e.g. with timing, spontaneity and transitions. nico is a dancer you can't tear your eyes away from, a dancer whose mercurial movements resonate inwardly....

people of the World, OMG,OMG,OMG--the BEST SNL show ever!!! the VERY, VERY, MOST VERY BEST ofalltime BEST, bar-none!!!! i've never-ever-ever NEVER said this before, EVER, about an SNL show!!! history-in-the-making....

Hear me now--I have just witnessed the best, alltime best, SNL show ofmylife, OMG, OMG, what will we DO, what are we to DO next year? can snl continue on after thisss? SNL, I have loved you well, SNL..........<3<3<3

laff...cry...repeat

Was this SNLs last show evah vit? Saw the first episode and fell in love. Years later it got IMO raunchy, not funny. Saw some when Amy Poehler and Tina Fey anchored the news but haven't watched it in years since.

I haven't watch SNL since Jane Curtin was the slut of newscasters. That was my favorite part of the show. :angel:

Was this SNLs last show evah vit? Saw the first episode and fell in love. Years later it got IMO raunchy, not funny. Saw some when Amy Poehler and Tina Fey anchored the news but haven't watched it in years since.

it was snl's last show of the season. previous histrionics aside (mine, and apologies), let me just say this, cg: if you have a chance to watch this snl episode in its entirety, you are assuredly destined to 'fall in love' all over again. my extreme reactions to last night's show stemmed from exhilaration over its unparalleled excellence, and the realization that this amazing cast was delivering its very last performance together. one helluva swan song, that.(sad smile)

leaving snl next year: bill hader, fred amisen, jason sudakis and seth meyers....0X0X0X0X:flowers::flowers::wub::wub:

Last edited:
Vit, you can always catch Seth Meyers on NBC when he replaces Jimmy Fallon. That is if you can stay up that late (winkie*winkie*lol!). We'd flip over to SNL over the years, watch a skit or two, and then it would go downhill from there. Heck, I don't watch a whole lot of TV anyway. Except "Catle". I'll watch "Castle" reruns with no hesitation. Yup, Nathan Fillion is very easy on the eyes, but I also like the Richard/Kate relationship.

Vit, you can always catch Seth Meyers on NBC when he replaces Jimmy Fallon. That is if you can stay up that late (winkie*winkie*lol!). We'd flip over to SNL over the years, watch a skit or two, and then it would go downhill from there. Heck, I don't watch a whole lot of TV anyway. Except "Catle". I'll watch "Castle" reruns with no hesitation. Yup, Nathan Fillion is very easy on the eyes, but I also like the Richard/Kate relationship.

Mmmm...Nathan Fillion:angel:

agreed. the richard/kate relationship is a special one. you rarely see chemistry like they share--on screen or in real life, either. still, i wouldn't kick nathan fillion out of my kitchen.... haha, hehe...(wink)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom