DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'd best just plop myself in a chair with a cuppa and stop doing ANYTHING today. I'm a hazard. Anyone around?

I'm trying not to lash out at everyone so I'm hiding here.

Well, if you need, you can lash out at me as I will know you don't mean it.

I went downstairs to the community room to hear another politician spout his views for the upcoming election for a new mayor. Our present one has been in the office for 16 years and is retiring. I really went down for the pizza. It was a flashback to my childhood. A large pizza done on a square type cookie sheet with pools of olive oil just floating on top. Every corner store sold a tray of it on the counter right next to the register every day. We never considered it a problem that it was uncovered and exposed to everyone touching it. I used to stop on the way to or even home from school and get a piece for 10 cents. You always had to tip it over to let the oil pour off before you could even take a bite. Otherwise it would drain off and stain your clothes. I always like the center pieces. This pizza was done to perfection. Soft bread dough, piles of cheese and then the sauce under the pools of oil. I ate two pieces and then brought up two pieces for Spike.

I can sit with you and have my cup of coffee with you.

The repair man can this morning and changed out the batteries on my scooter. I was afraid of taking it out of the house. The battery would go dead when you least expected it. One time it quit on me in the middle of an intersection as I was going across the street. Not a good thing.

I think I will take some time to play with my little friend Buttons. The house elves seem to be doing a great job taking care of them.

My daughter stopped by today with a present for me. It was a box of Pumpkin Peepers. I love my Peepers. But I have to limit myself in eating them. They are pure sugar. :angel:

Last edited:
I went downstairs to the community room to hear another politician spout his views for the upcoming election for a new mayor. Our present one has been in the office for 16 years and is retiring....

Bet that room was awfully cozy with the hot air going into it. :LOL: Oh, and Menino has been mayor for 20 years. :ohmy:

The pizza sounded good. :yum: Glad you enjoyed it.

Bet that room was awfully cozy with the hot air going into it. :LOL: Oh, and Menino has been mayor for 20 years. :ohmy:

The pizza sounded good. :yum: Glad you enjoyed it.

Twenty years, but sixteen terms. He set a record. Oh whoopee! Just glad to see him go. Time for photo ops for someone else. :angel:

I'm trying not to lash out at everyone so I'm hiding here.
Alix, did you look at the Visions stuff on the eBay link I posted? I hope you can find a replacement or three that make it all better.

I'm hiding from an overwhelming amount of work I should be doing. :ermm:
Hiding in plain sight with you taxy! Got my last half-cup of plain black Green Mountain and a tub of Trader Joe "Dunkers" cookies. They're choco chip with a smear of chocolate coating on the bottom...and bet you guys can'e eat just one. ;) I'll just leave the tub here on the table and slink away...:LOL:

OK, that was a MAJOR snit. My computer froze up so I couldn't even chat!!!! LOL! I took the hint and went and sat outside with the pup for a bit. I'm better now and the comp is no longer frozen.

CG, THANK YOU! I ended up ordering replacements that are wicked expensive, but worth it I think. I started at eBay and ended at the actual Pyrex/Corningware site. Cheaper shipping.

OK, that was a MAJOR snit. My computer froze up so I couldn't even chat!!!! LOL! I took the hint and went and sat outside with the pup for a bit. I'm better now and the comp is no longer frozen.

CG, THANK YOU! I ended up ordering replacements that are wicked expensive, but worth it I think. I started at eBay and ended at the actual Pyrex/Corningware site. Cheaper shipping.

How is Murray???

The cats here did not kill each other while we were gone and Latté has now unglued herself from my hip. I know I kicked her in the head at least once, she kept following so close since I walked in the door. Home is nice...but the lake was so relaxing.:rolleyes:

I am just finishing my third, and last, cup of coffee. I made coffee cake last night and had some for breakfast. :pig: I'm about to make a pot of Earl Grey tea.

Back
Top Bottom