DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pac, would you like some Newman's Own and French Roast? Blech, that stuff is foul, tastes burnt.

Thanks for the offer, Dawg, but Vit has a good memory.
I didn't like Newman's Own either.
I appreciate it.

humph! pac doesn't even 'like' newman's own--whereas me, I'm fine and buzzing with both blends. which flavors(s) coffee DO you like to drink at home, dawg?

:LOL: Got a big box of Kirkland's Breakfast Blend, so I guess we'll have to like it for awhile! It's not my favorite. We did enjoy the other coffees included with our Keurig purchase. We just drink coffee on the weekends. Otherwise, I'd buzz right out the door.

Last edited:
I got a good deal through Keurig as a platinum level buyer, so I have two 24 cup boxes of Green Mountain - Double Black Diamond and two 24 cup boxes of Caribou - Mahogany coming next week. With my discount, the promo and free shipping they come out to 0.35 a cup. The Mahogany is one we haven't tried but we like their Obsidian which I can only get at Walmart for 0.91 a cup.

That's a good price for K-cups, Fi.
My SFB comes out to .35 or .37 I think. That's for an 80 count case.

I have a regular shipment every two months, this one is off-cycle because of the good deal they gave me. Every once in a while they have a good one.

I timed my last order and every two months isn't going to work for me. Six weeks is more like it. And for just .02/cup savings... I'd just as soon not join their program.
Memories of 18 8-tracks for a penny, lol. I'll order as I drink.

LOL!! 6 weeks was too soon for us. I'm the only one regularly drinking the two coffees (Green Mountain Dark Magic and Sumatran Reserve) I get. Shrek latched onto the Obsidian and drinks 2 or 3 a day. I'm hoping he will like the Mahogany as well, it would save me money.

They let you set the interval to order.

sweet saturday morning, i'm munching on a fat, nutty slab of banana bread with my coffee--yummm. it's pacanis's recipe (doubled), so i'm thinking it should last me through this first week of the olympic games. though i don't know, it's awfully good, so....

I timed my last order and every two months isn't going to work for me. Six weeks is more like it. And for just .02/cup savings... I'd just as soon not join their program.
Memories of 18 8-tracks for a penny, lol. I'll order as I drink.

LOL Pac, I had forgotten about that one! I think mine are still in the basement.

I'm drinking my second cup of espresso allongé. It may be the last one out of my espresso machine. :(

I was going to make one for Stirling, but the light didn't come on when I turned it on. We checked that the plug is working. I also tried turning on the pump, in case the light in the off/on switch was burnt out. Nothing, no light, no noise. Well, we have had it for 16 1/2 years.

Once Stirling is wide awake he will have a look at it to see if there is anything obvious, like a breaker or burnt fuse or loose wire.

I made a stove top mocha for Stirling. Good, but not as good the stuff from the machine.

sweet saturday morning, i'm munching on a fat, nutty slab of banana bread with my coffee--yummm. it's pacanis's recipe (doubled), so i'm thinking it should last me through this first week of the olympic games. though i don't know, it's awfully good, so....

I'm jealous! I haven't made banana bread since I got rid of my fruit fly problem a couple years ago :cry:
Nor banana nut ice cream...
hmmm, maybe I'll be safe in the winter...

LOL Pac, I had forgotten about that one! I think mine are still in the basement.

Was that the worse "club" or what?
It taught me at an early age how to deal with those people that hide behind the fine print :evil:

And with Amazon Prime (that's supposed to be going up :mad:) I had my coffee delivered yesterday. UPS had a case of coffee on one shoulder and a case of ammo on the other :LOL:

I have a cup of Dark Magic coffee washing down a bowl of Honey-Orange Greek Yogurt with Flax seeds.

i'm being a piggy and having seconds--'nother slice of banana bread and a mug of fogchaser. i hadn't bought any bananas since mom died, and i don't eat fresh bananas myself. but i got this craving for some moist, nutty banana bread, and it just wouldn't go away. i didn't have the patience to wait for the bananas to ripen either. so i bought 2 big bunches of over-ripe bananas that were discounted at my relay food place. two hours later, i had my banana bread--three beautiful loaves--cracked, crusty and golden. well, a half loaf is already gone...life is good

vit, where is this recipe you speak of? I looked for the banana nut recipe that was being discussed in some other thread a couple weeks back and couldn't find it. Don't know if it was pac's or not, but the recipe I finally used wasn't as good as my usual one - which seems to be drier than I remember it from when I first started to use it decades ago. Maybe bananas just aren't as moist as they used to be. :neutral:

vit, where is this recipe you speak of? I looked for the banana nut recipe that was being discussed in some other thread a couple weeks back and couldn't find it. Don't know if it was pac's or not, but the recipe I finally used wasn't as good as my usual one - which seems to be drier than I remember it from when I first started to use it decades ago. Maybe bananas just aren't as moist as they used to be. :neutral:

I think the recipe I've used is from former member "mama". I'm not sure if I tweaked it or not, but it's pretty moist.
If it isn't here I'm sure it's on her website. If it's still up. And don't ask me what it is cuz I have no idea anymore :LOL:
I miss mama :( She was a helpful member.

Back
Top Bottom