DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what I get when I click that link:

"Invalid Private Message specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

I get the same message, Taxy. I'm not the tech support person here, but maybe if you could copy and paste it into a separate thread, Vit, that might make it show up. Looks like it was sent to you as a PM.

Last edited:
sorry, guys. i tried to do a copy and paste of the recipe from a pm. i tested it out, and it works for me, but apparently, not for anybody else. hey, this is vit, a pc dummy who pf had to correct one time saying gently, 'no vit, it is not CUT and paste, it's COPY and paste'. i have notified admin, and also took dawg's suggestion to put the recipe in a separate thread. fingers crossed....

sorry, guys. i tried to do a copy and paste of the recipe from a pm. i tested it out, and it works for me, but apparently, not for anybody else. hey, this is vit, a pc dummy who pf had to correct one time saying gently, 'no vit, it is not CUT and paste, it's COPY and paste'. i have notified admin, and also took dawg's suggestion to put the recipe in a separate thread. fingers crossed....

I looked it up, Vit, and found it, reposted it on your thread. It's an ATK recipe, copyrighted, so I posted the Google link. Thanks for trying!

http://www.google.com/search?q=amer...a+bread&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Last edited:
I looked it up, Vit, and found it, reposted it on your thread. It's an ATK recipe, copyrighted, so I posted the Google link. Thanks for trying!

http://www.google.com/search?q=america's+test+kitchen+ultimate+banana+bread&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

I'll give you the highlights in my own words ;)

[*] Use frozen bananas thawed in the microwave. They exude a lot of moisture this way.
[*] Strain as much liquid from the bananas as possible into a small saucepan, using a spoon to push it through.
[*] Reduce the liquid to about 1/4 cup and use this as part of the batter. Really amps up banana flavor.
[*] Slice one fresh banana and shingle it in a row on either side of the top of the loaf right before it goes in the oven.

:yum:

I found mama's recipe. Her website is still up and apparently still active. The last comment to the home page was late in 2013.

Here is the link as it appears on "Mamas Southern Cooking":

How to Make Banana Bread

It looks moist. In fact, it almost looks too moist. If I try this recipe I'll have to play with the wet and dry ratio. I don't want a dry loaf, but I don't like them so moist I feel like I have to wring them out either. :LOL:

Okay, that's it. I have to post my banana bread recipe. It's moist, but not excessively so. I'm trying to find the file, so I don't have to type it again. It's really good.

I just now discovered this thread. I don't drink coffee, for I don't like it. But I drink many teas and love these.

Am I allowed here? If not, I understand.

With love,
~Cat

Of course you are allowed, we just hang out here and gab. Play with the kitties, curl up and read a book, whatever. It's a place to relax, be silly and imaginative.

Of course you are allowed, we just hang out here and gab. Play with the kitties, curl up and read a book, whatever. It's a place to relax, be silly and imaginative.

Oh! I can do that very well!

I played with my cats today of the catnip bubbles. The trick is to get the bubbles to pop on their noses, and they chase and chase these bubbles! Then they take a nap, and Azia is very happy for that.

I wonder of this, (since to be imaginative) why is there no mouse-flavored cat food?

I'm also reading Poe's complete collection. He was amazing! I love "The Telltale Heart."

With love,
~Cat

i looove the olympic games!! i am so excited and thrilled to be watching the best athletes around the world compete for medals in this historic venue.
a special congratulations to the early, unexpected winners of gold, from the u.s and canada: hunky blonde, sage kostenburg, captured the gold for the u.s. in the slopestyle snow boarding event. you go, dude....
justine dufour-lapointe took the gold medal for canada in freestyle skiing. the silver medal was won by none other than her sister, chloe. congrats!

Last edited:
Mamma and Papa wanted to go to the Olympics, but as we know more of Russia, they didn't trust it.

They're watching on TV and enjoying that!

I haven't watched. I have been working on papers and my Bible study this week is rather difficult.

With love,
~Cat

How are our kitties doing? One of the best thing about them living here is that they will always stay kittens. I think that is great. I stopped by the other day and exchanged some of their toys. I don't want them to get bored and not exercise. While I was there I sat down in one of the rockers and both kitties jumped up on my lap. Patting two kitties and trying to drink a cup of coffee is rather difficult. :angel:

The house elfs have been keeping them busy. I come in to sit and read and they are all racing around like crazy.

How are our kitties doing? One of the best thing about them living here is that they will always stay kittens. I think that is great. I stopped by the other day and exchanged some of their toys. I don't want them to get bored and not exercise. While I was there I sat down in one of the rockers and both kitties jumped up on my lap. Patting two kitties and trying to drink a cup of coffee is rather difficult. :angel:

i know, right, ads? specially that buttons of yours. she can be a little terror ball. upended a beer in my lap the other day. she could take a lesson from domino in lap manners--he curls up and settles in so nice...:)

You have kittens? Oh how very nice! Tell me about them!

With love,
~Cat

Does Addie send her kitties to other people? I don't send mine to anyone.

I'm confused. Vit, Addie's cat turned a beer over?

What are house elfs? What do these do?

I think I've missed something. Help!

With love,
~Cat

Does Addie send her kitties to other people? I don't send mine to anyone.

I'm confused. Vit, Addie's cat turned a beer over?

What are house elfs? What do these do?

I think I've missed something. Help!

With love,
~Cat

Cat, sweetie, go back to the beginning of the thread. It's all imaginary, and purposely silly! Everything written is meant to be like a fantasy.

Oh! Iam so embarrassed. This is like the creative writing, yes?

So I can say things like:

"I chased that stupid dragon out of the house for the third time today. This time, he was trying to ride DA's chair up to the 2nd floor."

"It's raining cats and dogs here. Soon I will have to open a shelter and obtain a license. Would anyone like some extra pets?"

Is this right?

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom