DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no, I'm already having fun with this. So we have house elves and forever kitties! Do they have names? Are they fixed? Uck, I hope so. I can make a room? Or maybe put my Bilge here?

Mamma and Papa have always told me I had a wonderful imagination and a good sense of humor. Maybe this part of me will fit well in here, yes?

Can I sell Dawgluver upriver to the Gypsies? She's retired now, and they would keep her busy.

This is fun!

With love,
~Cat

One of the kittens is named Buttons. I always wanted to name a pet Buttons. So I got to name one of the two kitties. They did come home with me for a while. They were getting so fat from everyone feeding them. So I put them on a strict diet, and exercised them daily with playtime. When they got back to the DC Manor, I gave strict instructions that no one was to feed them. That would be the duty of the house elves.

When I am not feeling well, I come there with my needlework. I sit in the rocker with a cup of coffee and the kitties jump up on my lap. I play with them and after a while I make them get down so I can play with them with their toys and give them some exercise. Then I sit and work on my needlework. I don't get too much done though. I usually fall asleep until someone comes along and wakes me up.

Sometimes the house elves get upset with me. I see evidence of them playing instead of cleaning like they are supposed to. "That dang old lady. She doesn't miss a thing." I can hear them mumbling under their breath.

Too bad you weren't there Cat at the beginning when we were building. Some of those construction workers were hunks worthy of a calendar of their own. :angel:

One of the kittens is named Buttons. I always wanted to name a pet Buttons. So I got to name one of the two kitties. They did come home with me for a while. They were getting so fat from everyone feeding them. So I put them on a strict diet, and exercised them daily with playtime. When they got back to the DC Manor, I gave strict instructions that no one was to feed them. That would be the duty of the house elves.

When I am not feeling well, I come there with my needlework. I sit in the rocker with a cup of coffee and the kitties jump up on my lap. I play with them and after a while I make them get down so I can play with them with their toys and give them some exercise. Then I sit and work on my needlework. I don't get too much done though. I usually fall asleep until someone comes along and wakes me up.

Sometimes the house elves get upset with me. I see evidence of them playing instead of cleaning like they are supposed to. "That dang old lady. She doesn't miss a thing." I can hear them mumbling under their breath.

Too bad you weren't there Cat at the beginning when we were building. Some of those construction workers were hunks worthy of a calendar of their own. :angel:

Oh no. YOU come down here a lot? I'm in trouble! I guess there won't be any spitting contests with the house elves any more.

I did clean it up.

What kind of music would you like for me to play, and I'll keep you all company today. It's snowing so I'm not going out, and the house elves cleaned the cat fur and dragon snot off the piano.

Brahms today? Chopin? Handel? Bartok?

That deaf guy?

With love,
~Cat

Oh no. YOU come down here a lot? I'm in trouble! I guess there won't be any spitting contests with the house elves any more.

I did clean it up.

What kind of music would you like for me to play, and I'll keep you all company today. It's snowing so I'm not going out, and the house elves cleaned the cat fur and dragon snot off the piano.

Brahms today? Chopin? Handel? Bartok?

That deaf guy?

With love,
~Cat

Right now I am listening to a two hour YouTube of Mozart. His music is so pure. One of these days I am going to dig out an empty disc and download his music.

That deaf guy is Beethoven. :angel:

Right now I am listening to a two hour YouTube of Mozart. His music is so pure. One of these days I am going to dig out an empty disc and download his music.

That deaf guy is Beethoven. :angel:

Ha! I know, I was making a joke.

I do love Mozart, but Bartok is my current favorite right now.

With love,
~Cat

Looks like most folks have gone off to bed around our little clubhouse here. That's OK, I'll just set a bit with my mystery book and my glass of wine and enjoy the last of the embers from whatever fire some sweetie had going in the fireplace earlier tonight. BTW, I checked the stock of our coffee supply and it looks like a lot of you have been bringing some of those K-cups to use. How nice! Now if someone wants to get us one of those reusable baskets I wouldn't mind bringing in a bag of the stuff. No Keurig in our house, we make our Joe by the pot-full!

Looks like most folks have gone off to bed around our little clubhouse here. That's OK, I'll just set a bit with my mystery book and my glass of wine and enjoy the last of the embers from whatever fire some sweetie had going in the fireplace earlier tonight. BTW, I checked the stock of our coffee supply and it looks like a lot of you have been bringing some of those K-cups to use. How nice! Now if someone wants to get us one of those reusable baskets I wouldn't mind bringing in a bag of the stuff. No Keurig in our house, we make our Joe by the pot-full!

Here's 2 "My Coffee" reusable cups. I'll put them in the drawer under the Keurig.

For myself I'm going for a quad-shot Breve. Time to wake up and go about the day. I'm making some steel cut oatmeal, anyone up for a bite?

Here's 2 "My Coffee" reusable cups. I'll put them in the drawer under the Keurig.

For myself I'm going for a quad-shot Breve. Time to wake up and go about the day. I'm making some steel cut oatmeal, anyone up for a bite?

I just had a couple of big spoonfuls of peanut butter right from the jar. I took the jar out of the cabinet with the intention of making PB cookies. Hopefully, later today. :angel:

Good morning everyone. I'm on my second coffee and starting to wake up. I'm having left-over Caesar salad with a chopped up hard boiled egg and a blob of mayo for breakfast. The croutons are no longer crunchy. They are chewy.

I need to go freezer spelunking...we just talked about and know that if we were snowed in for two weeks we would not go hungry.

Going to go make a second coffee now and shiver some more.

We don't use the pods mainly because of the cost. Also, the coffee is a little bit stronger than we like it. DH is picky. Me, I drink any brewed coffee. No instant.

PF, we would not go hungry either. I noticed yesterday that there's a little bit of room in my freezer. Time to go shopping.

I need to go freezer spelunking...we just talked about and know that if we were snowed in for two weeks we would not go hungry.

Going to go make a second coffee now and shiver some more.
Just two weeks? In addition to a rather full freezer, we have a basement. You may not want a basement. My basement has a utility shelf full of staples: beans, rice, pasta, savory spices and herbs, etc. Then there is the old shelf our daughter used for a lot of her stuffed toys when she was small. A baker's shelf. Yup, that has my baking supplies and sweet spices, along with just a few muffin mixes. That's where we keep the cereal and crackers too. If we were to use up all our foods in two weeks it means I've been inviting neighbors over for most meals :LOL:

..I just read an article that explains why I won't use disposable coffee "pods"...
Good article taxy. That's one reason I won't use a Keurig. The other is that I'm basically cheap. :LOL:

A couple snips from the article: Green Mountain aims to have "a Keurig System on every counter," as the company states in its latest annual report ~ They'll be disappointed with us, won't they taxy! I know neither of us are getting one.

Also: the company plans to make all coffee pods recyclable by 2020 ~ 2020? How nice. However, that "Dean's Beans" I mentioned elsewhere earlier this week has them now. Guess when you aren't a big company with a lot of money to throw around you spend the time to improve your product and its delivery system.

I just brewed a pot of Melitta coffee. Had a coupon, it was on sale. Like I said, I'm cheap frugal. It's actually pretty good! Plus a smaller measure makes a bigger cup (6 oz vs Green Mountain's 5) and the flavor is just as full. Happy camper here.

We don't use the pods mainly because of the cost. Also, the coffee is a little bit stronger than we like it. DH is picky. Me, I drink any brewed coffee. No instant.

PF, we would not go hungry either. I noticed yesterday that there's a little bit of room in my freezer. Time to go shopping.

If instant were the only coffee on the planet, I would give up coffee. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom