DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't drink a lot of coffee as I like it black and strong and caffeinated and if I have to much I tend to swing from the light fittings.

I either make it in the cafetiere or use the little china Melitta* filter thingy. I don't like the idea of the capsule systems as you have no control over the strength and you can't mix coffees to your own taste. Normally I prefer to grind my own but I'm currently buying ground coffee from the local deli which sells small packs of the blend they serve in the cafe. Not economical on the face of it but it avoids the waste of a partly unused pack. I do keep it in the freezer but I don't like it to be a museum piece.

(*There used to be a memorial in the local paper every year to a dead child who's name was Melitta Coffey. I used to feel very guilty for smiling when I read it)

I have finally reached the point in life whereby I no longer feel the very strong need of the latest and greatest plug-in kitchen appliance. I now see them as just one more thing to keep clean. I am very happy with my drip coffee maker. If I had the Keurig coffee maker, I would probably go through a case of the cups in one day. :angel:

ahh, how sweet it is to see everyone making time to enjoy their favorite cuppa blends. to start the day rolling, or break away for a pause, or just savor a cuppa with friends--good brew, good times, the occasional pastry to share.
today I brought along an amazing dance vid to share with you, from this season's sytycd. yes well, sharing dance vids is just one of those things vit is know to do here at the klatch. wouldn't want to disappoint....now, i'll just leave you to enjoy, while I go play with buttons and domo for a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-zZOjutJY

Oh, I know that CG! :LOL: It is just that it would be hard hanging around knowing others were enjoying their cup of java and I couldn't! I am surprisingly better with espresso than regular coffee (decaf or not). I get headaches from the caffeine. But lattes with the espresso and lots of milk doesn't bother me so much....unless I have six a day PF! :innocent:

I have cut back...:rolleyes:

As for my capsule system/Keurig. It saves me money and I have all the flavor/ strengths I like.

Today is unusual, I'm having my coffee and breakfast before my walk. I have to be at work early for a meeting, so I will do my walkies after. Now where's my kitties?

I'm enjoying my first espresso allongé of the day. Freshly ground beans, ground with my new, red, Bodum Bistro, burr coffee grinder. :)

I'm sipping on an iced latte. I think this machine is going to be worn out before the first week!

I am thinking of getting the small regular Keurig for TB as he isn't a real coffee drinker but loves chai tea. He can brew his tea on the small machine and froth his coconut milk on the Rivo. It doesn't froth as well as regular milk but does give enough foam for a latte.

... or use the little china Melitta* filter thingy...
We still have Himself's plastic "David Douglas Cup-R-Two Coffee Cone" that he used in college! Since he was in college the second half of the '60s I guess our coffee cone would be considered "vintage". :LOL:

I realize I didn't mention the bean supplier we've switched our allegiances to. It's Dean's Beans, out of Orange, MA. Unlike Green Mountain (which, incidentally is changing its website name to "Keurig.com" later this summer - now I REALLY feel like the red-headed stepchild without a Keurig), you don't get automatic delivery on a schedule. Instead, you call or online order when you need coffee. Works for me since I was always playing with our shipping date anyway! Besides the fact that the coffee is really good, they don't roast the green beans until they get your order. My first order was put in late Monday night, they roasted the beans on Wednesday, and I got them on Friday. They were almost still warm from the roaster!

I mess with my schedule date all the time. I'm currently getting my order every two months. Yes, I'm down to one cup a day, IRL

That being said, I'd like a quad Brevé, don't steam the half and half.

Don't feel bad, CG. We neither have nor want a Keurig, either. DH doesn't like flavored coffee and I flavor mine with hazelnut creamer. We're happy with that.

Just finished my morning coffee and need to get ready to go for an iron infusion.

Don't feel bad, CG. We neither have nor want a Keurig, either. DH doesn't like flavored coffee and I flavor mine with hazelnut creamer. We're happy with that.

Just finished my morning coffee and need to get ready to go for an iron infusion.

I have some rebar you can chew on...:LOL:

Good morning everyone. I'm on my second espresso allongé. Talk of flavoured coffee reminded me that I could stir my coffee with half a vanilla bean (previously used in a fruit pudding and rinsed). It adds a subtle vanilla flavour, and tiny black spots floating in the coffee. :ermm: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom