DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitauta

Executive Chef
taking a coffee break, having yourself a cuppa? well, here is the place for you and that break, our new coffee klatch. why not? i figure we have a back porch where we can hang out, why not a place for coffee drinkers (fiends) to get together for a coffee break, solve the world's problems... or tea. we're not going to quibble about what you put into your drinking cup.:)

so, here i am, having just poured myself a mug of keurig's hazelnut coffee. one of my perennial favorites, hazelnut....anyhow, what's your pleasure, and what have you been up to today?

i heard on the grape-thread that a few dc members got new coffee machines for christmas this year. that's great. i hate to drink alone, whether i'm at dc, or anywhere. and we coffee drinkers always welcome new blood to the klatch.:)

is break-time over already? shoot, and i just sat down, too. well, i'll see you next break, ok? who's in charge of bringing the doughnuts today anyhow...get some of them with the cinnamon sprinkles, will you....:)

Just finishing up my vanilla Keurig with milk...and a small handfull of E Guittard chocolate chips.

Trying to find some decaf around here... I want that second warm cup but I don't want to be tooooo caffeinated for my own good...

Just finishing up my vanilla Keurig with milk...and a small handfull of E Guittard chocolate chips.

Trying to find some decaf around here... I want that second warm cup but I don't want to be tooooo caffeinated for my own good...
Here have some of my de-caf. DH made it for me before he left to go play at filling meds:LOL: I've been baking cookies for my gang at dialysis eggnog no less. So far the day has been good how has yours been Sorry I meant to ask you if you'd like some french vanilla creamer for the coffee and an eggnog cookie or two.
kades

Vit, you crack me up! What a lovely idea. May have to start drinking coffee again, just to join you!

Dang, I want a Keurig. 'Cept I don't drink coffee.....

I'll take a cookie too, Ma!

Last edited:
My favorite is the Tassimo, Tim Horton's coffee. Nice medium roast. I need to get some decaf for those evening coffee hankerings!

I can't drink coffee OR eat cookies? Can I still join? I will sit here quietly with my peppermint or ginger tea and pumpkin seeds, promise! :angel:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Vit, it is so great to have you around, you ALWAYS make me smile! :flowers:

Too late for coffee for me tonight, but I'll be back in the morning with my first cuppa. Not sure which it will be, though. Dark Magic or Double Black Diamond...

a good morning to my fellow coffee klatchers! well, my timing sure sucks, doesn't it. apparently, i missed all the fun yesterday--missed seeing kades AND your eggnog cookies, kades...hope you come by again today, girl.:)

a case of sumatran reserve coffee arrived by post yesterday. thanks for the tip on this exceptional, extra smoooth blend of java, pf. it's already near the top of my list of favorite coffee flavors....

i wonder who will be coming by to the klatch today. i hope i'm around for some of the fun this time... isn't it a hoot that some of the most lively interest in our coffee klatch comes from dawg and lpb, who are NON-coffee drinkers? so, i guess we'll be breaking seeds with you, lpb? and dawg, you're always good for some laughs. say, you think you could bring in some of that bacon jam--do you still have some? wonder how it would go with coffee, and this nice round of foccacia bread i'm about to break into shortly.

well, i guess i better get moving...just watch, as soon as i leave, i bet this place will come alive! lol...but seriously, please call me if somebody walks in here with a bag of homemade scones or something, hear?....

Last edited:
Dark Magic morning it is...glad you like the Sumatran, Vit. I enjoy it too.

I have some lovely oatmeal scones with cinnamon icing.

My regular oatmeal with some local honey. My cup this morning was Yuban Columbian, probably my second or third favorite coffee, best price too!

Amazon carries my Tim Horton's as an "add on" item, so when I purchased something last night I added on a pack to get up to the "super saver shipping" total.

Been up since 5 AM and am on my third 8 ounce Hallmark (made in Korea) cup of Costa Rican shade grown coffee from Cafe Britt. Hope to close out my portfolio record keeping for 2012 by completing the booking of last year's mutual fund dividend reinvestments. Am looking forward to UPS' delivery of my wife's new mini (6") Dexter butcher knife. Hope this will motivate her to take over more of the meat cutting, so that I can concentrate on the knife sharpening.

That's a good idea to get to the $ amount for Super Saver Shipping...I usually add-on my shampoo, etc to get that. Didn't think of coffee.

Vit, you crack me up! What a lovely idea. May have to start drinking coffee again, just to join you!

Dang, I want a Keurig. 'Cept I don't drink coffee.....

I'll take a cookie too, Ma!

My sister bought herself a mini Keurig on the chance that someone who pops in wants a cup of coffee. She uses it for tea for herself.

moring guys
we buy coffee at
cost Plus Italian dark roast decaf. Love it and would be glad to share. Ok have to go diayliss day today. See ya all later.
ma,kades

moring guys
we buy coffee at
cost Plus Italian dark roast decaf. Love it and would be glad to share. Ok have to go diayliss day today. See ya all later.
ma,kades

No polkas during dialysis! Or square dances, I know how you dialysis patients are...:)

Back
Top Bottom