"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Master Chef

Dear Lord, how can people do this to children?

I am in tears and shaking!! These people should be strung up and let the parents take hold of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/15/ch...sts/index.html

Old 03-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
oh now people are just sick. let me have a go at these people please.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Texas,of course your upset, I am so very angry about all that small children and babies have to endure from "things" like this. I looked at little Olivia, Carson, Ethan and Cade after reading this trash and I feel physically ill..I thank the man upstairs every day for allowing me to take care of these little ones of mine. MY children are thankfully very leary of anyone watching the kids so we do it most times. What to do about these no feelings or sense of right and wrong "things". I can't call them people or even animals as that would be demeaning to us and the animals..I'd love to ship em to an island give them each a club and say go for it!!! Yes, I know it's wrong to hate and want revenge..BUT, something needs to be done to stop this outrage.

kadesma
Old 03-15-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
When ever I read something like this it makes me SICK!

but... I try really hard to remember that there are good people in the world too.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Even with my 4 years of law enforcement training, I'll never understand how anyone can be so deranged to do such things. What on earth could someone have experienced to lead them to such behavior? What I mean is back to whenever this kind of behavior started. It is true that someone who has survived such instances are more prone to perform them later in life, but it all had to start somewhere. I don't necessarily agree with the illness bit, as I think it is far to frequently used as a reason.

That's a big issue I have with the world today. Everyone is trying to fabricate something to explain or provide reason for a behavior. What is really being done is passing the buck so as to not have to take responsibility. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions it seems.

Anyways, my brief thoughts on the topic. I could go further, but it would wind up way long and likely strongly worded.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Well said Bigdog,
I agree with you completely..I get so angry over this kind of thing that I cannot express myself to others so that it comes out clear... You did that for me.

kadesma
Old 03-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #7
Sous Chef

I've heard rumors that since most convicts are fathers as well, all you have to do is start the rumor that someone was convicted of a crime against a child and that person won't last 24 hours.

Just take comfort in the fact that where these men are going they will definately be reaping what they've sown.

I can say this much though, if anyone ever did anything like this to my daughter I would only call 911 to come clean up the mess and wave to the crowd as I headed to the chair.

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog
Even with my 4 years of law enforcement training, I'll never understand how anyone can be so deranged to do such things. What on earth could someone have experienced to lead them to such behavior? What I mean is back to whenever this kind of behavior started. It is true that someone who has survived such instances are more prone to perform them later in life, but it all had to start somewhere. I don't necessarily agree with the illness bit, as I think it is far to frequently used as a reason.

That's a big issue I have with the world today. Everyone is trying to fabricate something to explain or provide reason for a behavior. What is really being done is passing the buck so as to not have to take responsibility. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions it seems.

Anyways, my brief thoughts on the topic. I could go further, but it would wind up way long and likely strongly worded.
Amen BigDog!
Old 03-16-2006, 12:38 AM   #9
Head Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
OMG!! Im speechless...well I know what I would like to say btu will refrain....it scares me, makes me ill.....OMG!!! HOW can ANYONE do such a thing EVER????
Old 03-16-2006, 08:13 AM   #10
Head Chef

People like this may be the only ones that I'd ever apply the "He needed killin'" tag to.

I mean, how mis-wired ARE these people???? I don't think the average humand mind can even process a thought like that, let alone act on it!

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote