December cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you buy:

• Religious cards

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Funny cards

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Happy Holiday cards

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Half Baked

Executive Chef
Do you buy:

1) Religious cards
2) Funny cards
3) Happy Holiday cards

Last edited by a moderator:
I always buy happy holiday cards (usually Christmas ones for December), and sometimes funny ones depending on who I am sending the card to. I have never sent a religious card. I forget how to do polls too, though I have done it once or twice.

For birthdays and other events I generally find funny cards (depending of course on who it is for), but for Christmas I always look carefully to find religious cards that best express my faith. The ones I get are always cheery though, and they have an upbeat message. I usually get a couple funny ones (to give in addition to the others) for my daughter and grandkids and a funny (and sometimes kind of "naughty") one for my husband. Last year I needed more cards and couldn't find any religious ones I liked, so I got some cute ones. And for my kids at school I get cute cartoon character cards or cards with Santa on them. :cool:

:) Barbara

I bought funny cards this year but now I'm rethinking it. I nearly fell on the floor laughing at the store but ... I'm just not sure my friends will appreciate the humor at Christmas. :whistling

I usually just buy simple, lovely cards. I've never sent out religious cards.

I buy all three. I don't think my Mother would get the humour in the frog wearing a Santa hat sitting in a martini glass!:LOL: We bought some this year that you can record your own greeting. We sounded like the chipmunks in some of them.

C'mon Jan, we need a 'I buy all three' - Someone sent my Grandma a funny one years ago and oh my, was she insulted...I'll take your funny ones tho, Jan!! ;)

Depends on the recepients... I don't go for the religious because I am not a religious person, but it could be "funny", "cute", "beautiful", or any combination of the 2 or 3.
These days I enjoy making my own on my PC, though I need to scramble around for proper envelopes!

Usually "Happy Holidays" unless it's to someone who really know my personality then I go for the humerous ones.

I usually have a difficult time deciding on a box of cards because the recipients sometimes only know one or two facets of what makes me.. It's hard to wrap me up entirely in one picture image. My list of cards to mail out isn't overly long, so it doesn't make sense to buy more than one box. I usually find the sentiment written inside to be flat or cheese-y.

I don't subscribe to organized religion, although I would say that if I leaned towards anything, it would be paganism. Most people don't understand that, and surely Hallmark doesn't get it. I believe I'm a victorian at heart so I try to find cards that express that nature in me.

about the only way i could set a pen to paper (or card) would be if my life or family members' life depended on it.

or at least if it meant inheriting at least a minor fortune...

Oh dear, Im going to sound like a cheapskate but I mostly sent E Cards all year nowadays.:rolleyes: To elderly family members I always send a traditional card, but those with ' puters get the E Card.
I am totally shocked at the price of regular cards now, NZ$8 to $12 is normal. :(
One thing though, I do use a pay site for my cards as the last thing I want is for the recipients to be bombarded with spam or worse, nasty viruses. Have used same site for last 3 years and they are all designed by a wonderful, clever lady who owns the site.

This year I bought funny dog Christmas cards and then I always buy some Hanukkah cards along with some very beautiful and festive Christmas cards.

I like to buy cards with pictures of trios on the front because there are three of us.

It can be angels, snow men, reindeer, dogs with reindeer headbands, etc. - you get the idea.

The best was one of two king penguins with a baby penguin nestled under their feet that I found back when daughter was a toddler.

I buy all three. I do have a couple of Jewish friends and one Muslim friend and a couple of athiests thrown in. NONE, but NONE of them would be offended by a Madonna or Creche card -- we all believe in celebrating all religions! But since I need at least 75 cards, I go for all of them. My mother, also, would not find humorous cards all that amusing, and my husband loves the religous ones because the artwork is so good on them. Then there are always the people I manage to somehow forget ... Happy Holidays makes it so I can send new years cards!

This season is always so stressful to people, we always send humerous cards.

For Jewish friends we send a Happy Holiaday card.

auntdot said:
This season is always so stressful to people, we always send humerous cards.

For Jewish friends we send a Happy Holiaday card.

Aunt Dot, that makes me feel better. :ROFLMAO:

We make A christmas letter(A4 size) that folds into a normal size card with pix and update of what we have been up to as a family the whole year.We include pix of friends and family we have been with during the year.We find it's a good way to keep in touch on a more personal level and interestingly our family and friends look foward to it each year. Last year we didn't write one as we were busy with a few things. We got messeges asking us if we had ticked them off our christmas list!

I send mostly religous cards as to me that is what Christmas is truly about. I also send a few humorous cards as well and cute cards for the kids. When the children were little we would also bake a Birthday cake and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.

When I was younger I sent humorous cards, then I strayed into cheery cards and for the past few years I have sent religious cards. This year, however, I found a cheery card that caught my eye - we sent over 125 cards and each one included a picture of the kids - it was like a production line in my family room!

Back
Top Bottom