Deck the Halls, 2015 Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We're in the middle of "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year". Whether you have just finished up celebrating Hanukkah, or you're looking forward to your Christmas coming up, or if your only holiday is New Year's, how have you decorated this year?

I've seen a bunch of those "Book Trees" in my Facebook newsfeed, so I decided I might want to add some Christmas cheer to the corner of our kitchen. Since it is in the kitchen, I pulled only from my cookbooks. It seems I have an awful lot of large-format books. There really weren't too many small ones to make a really nice top to my "tree". Still, it's a nice view for me when I look off to the side in the kitchen, and when we sit at the table. I even thought of taking a picture of my books in the bookcase so I know pretty much exactly where I got them from in the first place! After all, this is about half of my collection. And now, for the tree:

Attachments

• 2015-12-16 13.40.18.jpg
    2015-12-16 13.40.18.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 180
We follow a more traditional route with Christmas decorations.

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0152_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0152_1024.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 154
Very nice mantle display, Andy. ~ The rest of our house is traditional. Lit pine spray over the front door header. Cluster of vintage bells between the family room windows. We don't do a live tree since we now spend Christmas back in OH with the kids, but I have a skinny 5' Alpine tree next to the fireplace (with traditional trim) and a 3' one in our living room window seat. Also in that window is an old angel my Dad made from Masonite wood and a pattern from a newspaper offer. "Mary Christmas" is nearly as old as I am. Memories. *sigh*

We are a bit behind this year but got the tree up last weekend (had a 'pimp my tree" party). I took a pic yesterday with one of my dogs in the shot and in typical fashion the flash did something weird to the dogs eyes... she looks like she's straight off the star wars set.

LED dog.jpg

Pretty "Deck the Halls" décor, everyone! Janet, I love the shot of your dog (and his eyes) in your pic. :LOL: What a beauty he is.

Addie, that is a cute little tabletop tree. You don't post pics very much, so thanks for posting this one. :)

kgirl, I enjoyed your pics from your blog.

Pretty "Deck the Halls" décor, everyone! Janet, I love the shot of your dog (and his eyes) in your pic. :LOL: What a beauty he is.

Addie, that is a cute little tabletop tree. You don't post pics very much, so thanks for posting this one. :)

kgirl, I enjoyed your pics from your blog.

That is a Norfolk Pine tree. My daughter got it for me. The little one on the bottom lights up and changes color. It was given to me as a gift so that I would be forced to have Christmas of some sort. :angel:

This is our tree this year, suits us well, and makes us happy in our computer/TV room.

Attachments

• IMG_5785.jpg
    IMG_5785.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
A glimpse of my merry little Christmas! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Not sure what happened to this picture of my tiny Christmas tree. It reminds me of an old friend that told me to always squint when looking at a Christmas tree, it enhances the sparkle of the lights.

37727-albums348-picture6339.jpg

This is my favorite Christmas decoration, it reminds me of the commercialization of Christmas and helps me stay focused on what is important.

37727-albums348-picture6340.jpg

37727-albums348-picture6339.jpg

AB, I can't see yours, maybe it's just my computer but they just show up as X's in a little box. :()

Here's my tree this year. It's hard to get a decent shot in front of a big window, at least with my phone - either too light or too dark. Happy Holidays, everyone!

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom