"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-23-2005, 11:39 PM   #11
Contest Winner

Wink

I am "MAIDRITE" need I say more ?

Old 10-23-2005, 11:40 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I tend to present myself as much more of an extrovert over internet communications, where I feel more comfortable expressing myself freely, than I really am. I wouldn't say I am "shy", but I kinda got jaded by "people" after years of working in customer service biz, I prefer remaining by myself and do whatever I please, except for being with Cris and very few other people.

I also relate very much to the character River Phoenix played in "Stand By Me". The seemingly tough cookie who has a big soft heart inside, who is generally considered as good for nothing, but only his best friend Gordie knows that there is much more to this rough and tumble boy. I really hate to admit but I am a huge sucker for sappy films, Cris has to pretend not to notice anything while I struggle to feign sudden allergic attack on my eyes and nose in these moments!!

Old 10-23-2005, 11:44 PM   #13
Master Chef

kind, helpful, stubborn, slow to anger (but when I get mad look out), friendly, good sense of humor, determined, etc.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:26 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Ishbel,
your students know you well plus may I add, helpful, knowledgable, articulate and yes mindful of others feelings...I always enjoy your posts.
kadesma

Goodness, Kadesma.... you'll make me blush!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:51 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
No need to wonder if you're bright, you are!!! Your posts are informative, bright, fun..a joy to all...
kadesma
That is so wonderfully kind of you to say Kadesma! Thank-you so much!!! You are so helpful, kind, caring, and FUNNY! (In a good way of course!)

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:47 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
sensative (lol, I'm a major movie crier, heck I've even shed a few while watching an Eminem music video that showed clips of his home movies)

picco that sounds like me too !!! lol

i'm also painfully shy (believe it... when i'm with my mom i hide behind her like a 2 year old still to this day), honest, stubborn, sweet (except around the b/f) , non-aggressive, ditzy, gullible, and quiet.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:09 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Amen friend And I'll add, giving,kind, fun and funny, someone I enjoy talking to.

kadesma
That is so sweet of you kadesma!!

And I can sincerely add to yours that you are also, kind and ready to lend a shoulder and ear when needed!! Thank you for that!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:46 AM   #18
Head Chef

My best friend would describe me as an easy listener, acomodating, social, and always smiling. My best friend says I would be a great party planner.

My parents would say that I will listen to advise given, but usually go my own way. I listen with my heart more than my head, and that the best part of my personality is that I make people laugh and tend to lift the spirits of the people around me. They would say that I am more of the free spirit of the family and that I'm not quite as serious as the rest of them.

At times I do have a tendency to get stressed a little easily, but usually keep that stress to myself. I'm not a morning person, and enjoy diversity in everyday things. I tend to get bored doing the same things day in and day out, but I am consistent with my family and friends and my perminent surrounding.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #19
Contest Winner

Wink

Maidrite................

I am Honest,Loyal, Kind at times, I hate confrontation,but if it comes, I will meet it head on, Can be Stubborn but I must be clearly right, I am Shy for about 10 minutes then I talk up a storm. I have been known to be Romantic,Very Sensative to those around me. I am very patient at most things, I love to be Organized at work, but am Very laid back at home. If I get a passion for something I am a BULLDOG ! Mercy is a Huge part of me, I can be upset with you, and then 5 minutes later laughing with you, But you have to push me a awfully long way to get me Upset!
I just flat out LOVE PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE, I DON'T CARE where you came from or what you did in the Past, we dwell on this way to much in this world. I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE ! My Hobbies and INTERESTS are limitless. I will try anything Legal once ! Some People have said I am Fun Loving, And a Very Caring Person. I Open the Car door for Barbara most of the time, and Doors for her and anyone else going in or out where ever we are ! I am Gullible at times and can be to trusting, but we should be able to! I have a Odd sense of Humor. I am a Hugging and Kissing kind of guy ! Thats all I have to say about that ! LOVE YOU ALL ! James
Old 10-24-2005, 04:43 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidrite
Maidrite................
I just flat out LOVE PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE, I DON'T CARE where you came from or what you did in the Past, we dwell on this way to much in this world. I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE !
beautifully put, james.
i cannot say that i'm not judgemental, but i do give people second chances.