"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-23-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
Master Chef

define your personality

what is your personality like? i'm curious. you pick up on certain things and get an idea as to what other people are like, but i'm interested in what you think defines your personality.
people repeatedly comment on my personality traits. i think i'm a very calm, go-with-the-flow sort of person - sorta hippie-like- (as i've recently said, it's like i'm underwater sometimes cause i'm so calm. not that i'm always calm, of course.) but that's sort of contradictory, seeing as to how i'm extremely perfectionistic. i hear that i'm sweet very often. i have also heard rather often that i'm pretty assertive.
i'm also determined, stubborn, and very intellectual. how would you best describe your personality traits?

Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Forthright, kind, approachable (so says my students!) I hope that I am mindful of others' feelings.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #3
Master Chef

Tender hearted {that is a bad thing sometimes} friendly, very talkative, inquisitive and a worry wort!!
Old 10-23-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Lugaru
My personality?

Meatnormous.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:03 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
What a neat thread idea luvs!

I would say that I'm quite shy, but at the same time I like to crack jokes and stand up for what I believe in (I've been known to be called stubborn, but on the whole that trait has served me well, I think). I'm a total home-body through and through. I'm very romantic, sweet (IMHO), sensative (lol, I'm a major movie crier, heck I've even shed a few while watching an Eminem music video that showed clips of his home movies), caring, nuturing, understanding, tolerant and patient. I like to be very organized, but I don't per se plan every moment of my life - I just loath clutter and mess (not to a Monica from Friends level, that's just ), and I like to think I'm a bright but who am I to judge that

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #6
Head Chef

I tend to scare babies...seriously...When I saw my nephew for the first time, he cried. I'm also known to be mean and kind of aggressive. This is only because I speak my mind and try not to be fake. I never say I love or like anyone unless I KNOW FOR SURE 110% that it's true.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:26 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Let's see, I was known as the Little General in high school That give you a clue? I am stubborn,tend to ignore that which angers me til I can't ignore anymore, I then blow my stack, have my say, and forget it!!!..I'll do anything for those I care for as well as people I've just met, I tend to be a loner, mingeling with my kids and grandkids everyday. When it comes to my kids and grandkids, I can be aggressive if need be, I don't let anyone step on them...Of course when it comes to little people, I'd be the same for any of them,.But, I'm always up to meet anyone who say's lets meet I guess, I'm afraid of people not liking me. I adore little kids and love how honest and sweet they can be. I love to read,paint but am not good at it, my true passion is cooking and I'd love to take classes..Plus, as a kid I was so shy I would not even answer a teachers question, I'd just shake my head no..Now, I never shut up

kadesma
Old 10-23-2005, 11:27 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICadvisor
What a neat thread idea luvs!

I would say that I'm quite shy, but at the same time I like to crack jokes and stand up for what I believe in (I've been known to be called stubborn, but on the whole that trait has served me well, I think). I'm a total home-body through and through. I'm very romantic, sweet (IMHO), sensative (lol, I'm a major movie crier, heck I've even shed a few while watching an Eminem music video that showed clips of his home movies), caring, nuturing, understanding, tolerant and patient. I like to be very organized, but I don't per se plan every moment of my life - I just loath clutter and mess (not to a Monica from Friends level, that's just ), and I like to think I'm a bright but who am I to judge that
No need to wonder if you're bright, you are!!! Your posts are informative, bright, fun..a joy to all...
kadesma
Old 10-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
Forthright, kind, approachable (so says my students!) I hope that I am mindful of others' feelings.
Ishbel,
your students know you well plus may I add, helpful, knowledgable, articulate and yes mindful of others feelings...I always enjoy your posts.
kadesma
Old 10-23-2005, 11:32 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Tender hearted {that is a bad thing sometimes} friendly, very talkative, inquisitive and a worry wort!!
Amen friend And I'll add, giving,kind, fun and funny, someone I enjoy talking to.

kadesma