Depressed and Happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasabi

Executive Chef
My first born is 40 today. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.:LOL: :cry:

Laugh and cry joyous tears...........your here with him to enjoy the celebration and he's darn lucky to have you as a mom. Unfort., we all have to get older but think of the alternative. Age is just a number.

thankful

Be happy and proud that he has reached 40 and you are still around for him to call mom. I am sure that is what he is most thankful for too. Did the time go by too fast? Hope you can be w/him and share the day.

Mahalo, friends. I am crying happy tears because he is my mentally challenged son and a gift from God and he is a sweetheart.

And....Bless you, mudbug.

Happy tears are good Wasabi!!!!!! You are an excellent Mom and have done a wonderful job giving him the best life has to offer. You should be very proud.

:flowers:

Somebody should send you 40 red roses for 40 years of being a good mommy!

Wasabi, he is a special man and you are a special mom. Great joy to both of you on this Happy Birthday.:flowers:

A very happy birthday to your son! And lets not forget, this is your birthing day, which is a very special day for you and all moms. We never forget that day do we? I agree, you dont seem/sound old enough to have a 40 year old child. Child :LOL: , god do we ever say adults when we have kids NO, they are always our children even when they are grown.

Please laugh. A tear shed is OK, too. But overall be happy. Much aloha to both of you. Every once i awhile I wonder about people who seem to have something in common with me. I knew a young man when I lived in Hawaii who would be about the same age. It is so difficult to do what you are doing, and I think of you.

Congratulations, Wasabi, laugh and cry with joy and happiness. ¥ou'll always be his Mom/Mum and you will always worry about him no matter what milestone he reaches. That's our job---we're programmed with a worry gene for our children--it's also called love. Bring out the candles and fire extiguishers!!!!

Wasabi,
My oldest will be 44 in december..The time has flown, but I look at him and it's like yesterday,that they put him in my arms.He was and is very special and dear to me and I feel that each child we are fortunate enough to call our son or daughter, were chosen just for us. You, my dear lady, must have been one of the ones special enough to be given the care of a special, beautiful, son..You've done a wonderful job..Wasabi..Bless you both.
kadesma

Thank you so much for your kind words, everyone. The family was over to celebrate Eddie's big day and he had fun listening to the stories about the day he was born. He loved his ice cream cake and all the goodies from the family. Tonight I will cook his favorite meal, breaded mahi mahi, fried noodles and green beans.

Back
Top Bottom