"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 05-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Originally Posted by Katie E
Jolie is Jill's toy poodle.
Thank you Katie E. I just knew it had to be a animal. They seem to be the best medicine money can't buy. Whenever I feel 'out of sorts' that is only thing that can bring a smile to my face. Seems no one else cares as much as an animal. If I ever get REAL depressed I know one thing I have to do is take care of my dogs.

Jolie is in your life for reason and that is to let you know to not give up. Trouble is, seems people are too wrapped up in themselves to notice that you don't feel well.

Take good care of yourself and take it from jpmcgrew there is another day. I am just so thankful you have Jolie.

In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:06 AM   #12
Executive Chef
I feel that way about my dog too. Something else that realllly helps is sitting in the sunshine, even if for a few minutes at a time. If you can't get out for a walk yet, just sit in the sun somewhere around the house or garden.

I have mild depression, living in a foreign country without any family or friends for the last year. I hope you feel better and come back to DC, we are all here for you.

Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 AM   #13
I also suffer from mild depression. Some days I really have to kick myself in the rear to get anything done. Here's hoping tomorrow is a great day for everyone!
On the beautiful Monterey Bay, Calif. Life outside the kitchen
Franca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #14
Sous Chef

You've only to read all these caring replies to know that all your friends are thinking about you and many too have been or are, where you are now. Take heart and hang in there.
It's not having the dark thoughts, it's what you do with them that really counts.
csalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #15
Executive Chef
Jill, please stay out of bed for awhile and be sure to eat something for breakfast, lunch and dinner...no matter how small an amount.

I bet Jolie would love to go for a walk every morning and afternoon. When we suffer from depression, even our pets suffer because they want to help and don't know what to do. You're definately right, she is feeling your pain.

Make yourself get up and get dressed. If you aren't doing it for you, do it for Jolie and your friends. It's always sounded like you have a lovely social circle. Call them and plan a lunch.

Jolie loves car rides so you could go visit your friends for a bit.

Don't forget to take your medication!
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #16
Sous Chef
I'm sorry that you are going through difficult times. My thoughts are prayers hoping that you feel better real soon.
PytnPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #17
Master Chef
I sure hope you are feeling better today. When I was in a depression I would take long walks. It was hard at first but it kept getting better. Be sure to keep looking up at the beautiful sky and think of all your blessings. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #18
Head Chef
Yuk. Depression is the worst. I feel for you. I hope you get the right meds and program to get you well. It is hard for people to understand the illness and expect that it is within your control to get up and go. But help is out there. Sounds like lots of support in here. Keep at it.
elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Believe me, people can make one feel depressed fast. My neighbors have such a insecure attitude that the mimmick everything I do just to antagonize me. Plus one lunatic runs around the house at night putting leaves and twigs all over and is this guy ugly. No Halloween mask for him. Sad to say this but everyone fearful of him because he looks like those people in the show called the Munsters? Anyway if they can't bring me down I do go for walk and there too I find people who like to like to bother me. Why are the ones who want to bother you never alone. If they were would be different. My brother says form of flatttery to get my attention. I don't think so.

Trying to keep myself up is not easy but having an animal around takes my mind off of weird people that I hve to coexist with. Sounds like you already know what to do with little Jolie. I am so happy you have her but you can't stay down long because she needs you to keep her feeling good too.

right now I am drinking glass of wine. A/C not working and I could care less if supper gets done. ONe of those moods. Good thing I don't let them happen often. Sure hope you can pick yourself up and go for walk w/Jolie. She deserves it.
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #20
Executive Chef
The reason Im so open about my med is there are so many people walking around not functioning to their best.Dont get me wrong I still feel great sadness and cry over situational things like animal abuse and so forth which I think I still need to be in touch with.The other day I was depressed over the situation of the world and our country so it isn't like I dont feel the bad things that go on.The med just makes me be able to live a more productive normal life.

jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote