"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

i often dream (in many various situations) that i'm with other people that i don't know in real life, but somehow i seem to know them very well in my dreams, as if i've always known them.

it freaks me out because they're so real, as if they really exist but only on some other plane that i access through my dreams.

there's a lot of them.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i often dream (in many various situations) that i'm with other people that i don't know in real life, but somehow i seem to know them very well in my dreams, as if i've always known them.

it freaks me out because they're so real, as if they really exist but only on some other plane that i access through my dreams.

there's a lot of them.
I can just see Rod Serling saying; "It's another you, hidden in the enveloping mists of a second dimension...alive, only within a dream...trapped, in the Twilight Zone!"

Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, hey, that's pretty good!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #14
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

There was lots of stuff about being in school and not ever making it to math class and a test coming up. The end of the dream was my sister had put one of her strange, silly games on my computer and I couldn't get it to close. I was trying to get to my e-mail to see if I had to go to class/work. I was yelling at her about being thoughtless and hollering over and over, "turn the damn thing off!" Shrek shook me awake because I woke him up with my yelling.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I usually don't dream about people I know, and I'm not usually myself in my dreams. The last few weeks though, I have been dreaming a lot about all of my family members and about traveling.

My dreams last night were so scrambled I couldn't even describe them. They involved me going to the airport in Raleigh-Durham (but it was much smaller--only 2 planes there). I didn't have the proper paperwork and ended up having to walk somewhere. Later in my dream I was washing clothes at some hotel. Then my husband and a couple kids and I were driving somewhere, and I noticed that one of my cats (actually one who died about 15 years ago) was hanging from the passenger side door, with her claws at the base of the window. I reached out and grabbed her by one of her legs and pulled her into the car.

My dreams ended with James and me lying on a hospital gurney. I don't know if we had any clothes on, but I do know that James didn't have a shirt on. We were covered by a sheet. Anyway, we were on this gurney, rolling down the street! We saw a couple from church, and before I knew it, they were on another gurney (fully dressed, LOL) rolling down the road beside us! James did a great job at controlling the gurney, even missing a huge pothole. There was more, but I don't remember it.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Like Buckytom, I dream of people I don't know (my DH has a "girlfriend" about whom I dream every now and again...her name is Julie--the grief I give the DH when I wake up and "bitch" at him for what he's been doing with Julie in my dreams...he gets in trouble for things I dream he does <g>). I usually don't dream of places I know. I also am usually not in the dream, I'm watching it. And, if I don't like where the dream is going, I can stop it and take it in another direction. I dream stories...I can't remember a dream I've had this week, but I do usually wake up and remember my dreams. I have woken myself up laughing. I can also smell things in my dreams and feel things. And yes, I dream in color. I wonder what makes some of us dream of strangers? Or is it a different plane to which we travel where we do know these people...oh, I can see the DH is going to be in even more trouble...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
My dreams ended with James and me lying on a hospital gurney. I don't know if we had any clothes on, but I do know that James didn't have a shirt on. We were covered by a sheet. Anyway, we were on this gurney, rolling down the street! We saw a couple from church, and before I knew it, they were on another gurney (fully dressed, LOL) rolling down the road beside us! James did a great job at controlling the gurney, even missing a huge pothole. There was more, but I don't remember it.
Gotta tell ya, this last part made me laugh! I got an image of you, your hubby and the other couple flying down the street on those gurneys...

What a hoot!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #18
Executive Chef

I was skating somewhere. It was out on the streets, in backyards and then I got to a school where, for some reason I had to skate in one door and go through the building and get out the other side. It had a glass floor, which concerned me. At one point I was skating on cement. It didn't seem like a problem at all.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

In my dreams, I can often "float", like jumping down a flight of stairs, but I float down.

I recently dreamed I had my hands in a box of files and I thought to myself that if I was dreaming, I wouldn't be able to feel them, but I could. I didn't catch on that I was dreaming as I usually do when I get a "clue" like that.

Whenever I wonder in a dream if I'm dreaming , I just ask myself how did I arrive here. If I can't remember how, I know it's a dream and I can stop or change it.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
In my dreams, I can often "float", like jumping down a flight of stairs, but I float down.

I recently dreamed I had my hands in a box of files and I thought to myself that if I was dreaming, I wouldn't be able to feel them, but I could. I didn't catch on that I was dreaming as I usually do when I get a "clue" like that.

Whenever I wonder in a dream if I'm dreaming , I just ask myself how did I arrive here. If I can't remember how, I know it's a dream and I can stop or change it.
I have the ability to "float" in most of my dreams also, Zhizara. If I ever wake and jump out of bed floating in air, perhaps I'll start believing the story of Frances Naylor.

http://www.printworkschicago.com/art...ces_naylor.pdf

Christopher Schneberger - A Case of Levitation