Describe the dream you had last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shark week just started today, but it was a marathon of shows from previous years' shark weeks.

my son is still under the weather, so besides getting some work done around the house, i hung out with him and watched it. he loves sharks. her was a shark for halloween this year past, and he collects fossilized shark's teeth.

he's been bugging me to take him shark fishing when we go to florida. :ohmy:

shark week just started today, but it was a marathon of shows from previous years' shark weeks.

my son is still under the weather, so besides getting some work done around the house, i hung out with him and watched it. he loves sharks. her was a shark for halloween this year past, and he collects fossilized shark's teeth.

Please, go way out in the ocean to do that. I knew a guy here where I live that would use a jet ski to drop the shark hook/bait way out from the beach and then pull it in from the beach when a shark took it. The lifeguards asked him to stop doing that. He was pulling in 6 foot sharks through the swimmers on the beach.

Nasty business!:wacko:

that's crazy! what if it got off the hook in the middle of the swimmers?
a really pissed off shark, and people all around.
we'll be going out on a charter, if i decide to really do this.

Last edited:

Please Daddy, throw me out of the airplane...I have a parachute!:LOL:

The laws covering that are complicated here. If the fisherman was there first, and then swimmers start knowingly entering the waters he is already fishing in, then legally, the fisherman has the rights on his side. The swimmers infringed on his actions. If the fisherman shows up and starts fishing among people who are already swimming, then he is infringing on thier rights and safety.

My friend always started much before dawn and when no swimmers were there, but was nice enough to quit when asked to. 1200 miles of beaches and someone has to crowd another person....weird.

buckytom said:

I love sharks! Eventually I want to get my scooba certification in part so I can get in a shark cage and take photos of them. I'd also love to swim with some of the safer, less agressive species.

purple.alien.giraffe said:
I love sharks! Eventually I want to get my scooba certification in part so I can get in a shark cage and take photos of them. I'd also love to swim with some of the safer, less agressive species.

You don't even need scuba cert, a mask, fins and snorkel is all you need. We've seen nurse sharks and snorkeled with whale sharks, truly amazing!

vitauta said:
excuse me?

Oh, you need some sort of ocean too!

Nurse sharks in Florida Keys and Mexico, whale sharks in Holbox and Isla Mujeres. Anything goes in Hawaii. Also apparently in 18 inches of water in the Carolinas.

Last edited:
You don't even need scuba cert, a mask, fins and snorkel is all you need. We've seen nurse sharks and snorkeled with whale sharks, truly amazing!

you've snorkeled with whale sharks dawg? and we are just now hearing about it? please, do tell us more! start a shark thread--something....:excl::excl::)

I need to quit the IPad and send the videos directly from Photobucket. I am an idiot when it comes to doing that...will start a new thread once I figure it out. It was truly life changing.

I guess it could fit on this thread, as it was a dream come true.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
Like minnows, guppies, maybe a betta...a neon tetra:ermm:

Oh no. Once you've gone domino ('whale shark) you'll never go back. Of course there are Morays, stingrays, and the rest of the usual suspects, some of which are edible.

BTW, Princess, been jonesin' on more pics of your nephew...

Oh no. Once you've gone domino ('whale shark) you'll never go back. Of course there are Morays, stingrays, and the rest of the usual suspects, some of which are edible.

BTW, Princess, been jonesin' on more pics of your nephew...

Me too...he's been "Out of the Office" since Wednesday and won't be back till Wednesday.

I did have a close encounter with a little girl, about 10 pounds, blonde, sleepy...little yellow lab and I was accosted by a Golden Retriever who about licked me to death because I quit rubbing her ears. And of course the pharmacy dog has been around. I'm surprised the cats will have anything to do with me when I get home.:angel: I always have a milkbone or other dog treat in a pocket that gets overlooked at work, too.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Me too...he's been "Out of the Office" since Wednesday and won't be back till Wednesday.

I did have a close encounter with a little girl, about 10 pounds, blonde, sleepy...little yellow lab and I was accosted by a Golden Retriever who about licked me to death because I quit rubbing her ears. And of course the pharmacy dog has been around. I'm surprised the cats will have anything to do with me when I get home.:angel: I always have a milkbone or other dog treat in a pocket that gets overlooked at work, too.

Your work environment sounds like a lot of fun! Unlimited doggies!

Back
Top Bottom