Describe the dream you had last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
My Dad would have us sit right next to him and then grab us when it got tense or scary. There were 3 dents in the ceiling over the sofa.:ermm:

Yikes! Lol!

Twighlite Zone: Season 3, Episode 1

"TWO"

A female survivor of an apocalyptic war (Elizabeth Montgomery), her face dirty and wearing a tattered army uniform, stumbles into a deserted, war-ravaged town. She looks into some of the shop windows, pausing to examine a white dress, then finds a restaurant and goes inside in search of (clearly scarce) food. She finds a can of chicken, but before she can open it, a man also wearing a military uniform (Charles Bronson) walks in and eyes the food from the doorway.

Watch it now

Twighlite Zone: Season 3, Episode 1

"TWO"

A female survivor of an apocalyptic war (Elizabeth Montgomery), her face dirty and wearing a tattered army uniform, stumbles into a deserted, war-ravaged town. She looks into some of the shop windows, pausing to examine a white dress, then finds a restaurant and goes inside in search of (clearly scarce) food. She finds a can of chicken, but before she can open it, a man also wearing a military uniform (Charles Bronson) walks in and eyes the food from the doorway.

Watch it now

make love, not war? i wish. (play it again, sam)....:(

vitauta said:
i remember that zippo lighter story too. vividly. hitchcock's mastery of suspense and mystery in his day was unsurpassed. another of his mystery tales that i'll never forget is the one where the homicide investigators are having dinner with the murderer at his home. they are feasting on a leg of lamb, lamenting their lack of progress in the case. one of them makes the remark that "the evidence could be right under our noses." of course, the murder weapon turns out to be a frozen leg of lamb, that the murderer roasted, and is now serving as dinner to them, the clueless homicide detectives of the case.:chef:

I never saw this particular Hitcock movie but on high school I read a short story called "Lambs to the Slaughter" about a seriously abused house wife who just sort of lost it after a severe beating and killed her husband with the frozen leg of lamb she was thawing for dinner. She ends up serving it to the police officers investogating her husband's death.

purple.alien.giraffe said:
I never saw this particular Hitcock movie but on high school I read a short story called "Lambs to the Slaughter" about a seriously abused house wife who just sort of lost it after a severe beating and killed her husband with the frozen leg of lamb she was thawing for dinner. She ends up serving it to the police officers investogating her husband's death.

Vitauta posted about that one earlier. Good stuff! Gotta love Alfred.

Last edited:
I dream vividly but often forget last night's dreams by the end of the day. Last night I dreamed I was in a strange land but it was beautiful. There was water, it was twilight, a stone island in the water with a small glowing castle of sorts on it. It was a happy dream and I think there was a boat involved.

This one is tame enough to post :ermm:
My dreams are typically more bizarre than that BK king :LOL:

Last night was target practice. I did a lot of shooting with a gun that I don't own anymore. Using iron sights, which would have been impossible because it was a handgun with a scope attached, I put all six into the same bullseye on a reactive target. I had a lot more guns with me, but only shot that one and then it started raining really hard. My father and someone else were with me.
Then next thing I know I am in a different dream and hear someone shooting on my property, so I went to see what was up. He was shooting at a target I made (that I don't really have) and instead of having his target on the holder he had it on the pole going into the ground, so I told him to stop shooting at the pole because I wasn't going to put up a new one when it fell apart.
Then I asked him what he was doing there anyway and he said he heard shooting there one time so started shooting there himself. I pointed to my house and told him to let me know from now on.

I'm thinking that because I am kinda looking at buying another gun and kinda talking with my neighbor about putting a different shooting setup out back than what I currently have, which is nothing like the dream's setup, that I tied them both together into one dream. But why the guns changed and this pole thing was there is beyone me.
The dream makes me want to do some shooting today though.

This one is tame enough to post :ermm:
My dreams are typically more bizarre than that BK king :LOL:

Last night was target practice. I did a lot of shooting with a gun that I don't own anymore. Using iron sights, which would have been impossible because it was a handgun with a scope attached, I put all six into the same bullseye on a reactive target. I had a lot more guns with me, but only shot that one and then it started raining really hard. My father and someone else were with me.
Then next thing I know I am in a different dream and hear someone shooting on my property, so I went to see what was up. He was shooting at a target I made (that I don't really have) and instead of having his target on the holder he had it on the pole going into the ground, so I told him to stop shooting at the pole because I wasn't going to put up a new one when it fell apart.
Then I asked him what he was doing there anyway and he said he heard shooting there one time so started shooting there himself. I pointed to my house and told him to let me know from now on.

I'm thinking that because I am kinda looking at buying another gun and kinda talking with my neighbor about putting a different shooting setup out back than what I currently have, which is nothing like the dream's setup, that I tied them both together into one dream. But why the guns changed and this pole thing was there is beyone me.
The dream makes me want to do some shooting today though.

I would think bizarre would be fine so long as they are rated no more than PG13. I mean, the dreams I've posted haven't exactly been normal.

Sometimes they are just too bizarre to remember any kind of sequence to them.
They are like that "mayhem" guy, lol. Weird stuff going on.

I think I've watched too many travel shows today. I napped and dreamed that my family was taking a trip to somewhere abroad. Our son and grandson got separated from the rest of us and I was trying to find them. I saw them go in a door at quite a distance and went to the door and they weren't there. I awoke without having found them. Needless to say, I woke up not feeling well. I have no idea if the dream has a meaning or not.

I don't think I dreamt anything last night, because I didn't sleep much.. sticky weather. Monday (the couple of hours I did sleep) I dreamt about cats for some reason. I had two different dreams. The one was weird. Mark and I came home from being out and walked into the apartment to find about 10 cats and a couple dogs. :question: What does that mean... I don't know.

The other dream was about cats but I was in a different place. This time a house. The place was full of cats (no dogs this time) Every where I looked a new cat would appear, even kittens.....when opening cupboards, backs of closets, etc. :wacko:

I don't know what they mean, but strange. I only have one cat and no dog. Plus, I haven't watched any pet shows or anything recently.

I don't think I dreamt anything last night, because I didn't sleep much.. sticky weather. Monday (the couple of hours I did sleep) I dreamt about cats for some reason. I had two different dreams. The one was weird. Mark and I came home from being out and walked into the apartment to find about 10 cats and a couple dogs. :question: What does that mean... I don't know.

The other dream was about cats but I was in a different place. This time a house. The place was full of cats (no dogs this time) Every where I looked a new cat would appear, even kittens.....when opening cupboards, backs of closets, etc. :wacko:

I don't know what they mean, but strange. I only have one cat and no dog. Plus, I haven't watched any pet shows or anything recently.

I would love that dream! I love cats more than any other type of animal companion and would love to have 10 of them. Affording the vet bills for only one is a challenge sometimes at the current rates!

Maybe your cat was meowing while you slept! My cat Dinky does that when something is wrong. He'll call loudly and continuously until I wake and come find the problem. He always marches like a little soldier to the problem to "show" it to me! You should see him. He's so proud of himself! It always makes me laugh! :LOL:

Timothy said:
I would love that dream! I love cats more than any other type of animal companion and would love to have 10 of them. Affording the vet bills for only one is a challenge sometimes at the current rates!

Maybe your cat was meowing while you slept! My cat Dinky does that when something is wrong. He'll call loudly and continuously until I wake and come find the problem. He always marches like a little soldier to the problem to "show" it to me! You should see him. He's so proud of himself! It always makes me laugh! :LOL:

Wish my cat only mewed at the top of his little lungs if something is wrong. He'll wake me up to play, to scratch his ears and sometimes just so he can steal the bed when I get up to use the bathroom.

Wish my cat only mewed at the top of his little lungs if something is wrong. He'll wake me up to play, to scratch his ears and sometimes just so he can steal the bed when I get up to use the bathroom.
My other cat, (Bammers), was the one who did that first. He lived to 19 years old and passed early this year. Dinky started being the "watchcat" after Bammers was gone for about a month. Young cats are so flaky! They don't really care. They're like; "Cats just wanna have fun".

funny how the brain works while we're sleeping. i have this yucky stomach bug that kept me from playing the sentence game on dc yesterday. this morning i awoke with the fully formed phrase, "girls introduce nuanced, ghastly egg renditions." note that the root word, "ginger" is fully formed and legit also. aside from the fact that i would never pair together "ghastly" with "nuanced" in the same sentence, the phrase is as good as many of my daytime plays. apparently my brain didn't appreciate being deprived of a fun game yesterday....and the puzzle phrase was not accompanied by any kind of dream scenario. it was a lot like the dreams i used to have when i composed lines of poetry and songs in my sleep. i used to keep a pen and paper next to my bed so i could quick write them down before the "forgetting curtain" could sweep then all away....

PAG said I should share my dream from the other night, so here it is:

I was employed by the federal government to bring farm-fresh egg yolks to the White House every morning, just the yolks. I carried them in my hands. I forgot where the president's breakfast parlor was and got lost. The secret service agent that I ran into, a fresh young lad who looked to be about 15, wouldn't believe that I worked there. Finally, after many efforts to convince him, I said "I can prove I work here. Go find Chris Farley's dad. He knows me," and I guess that convinced him, because he let me pass. I remember feeling intense anxiety as I tried to find the parlor, especially since I'd already lost one yolk by trying to put it in my purse so I could have a free hand to open a door, so I only had 2 left. I have no idea who Chris Farley's father is, had not even thought of Chris Farley any time recently, nor had I any dealings with farm-fresh eggs recently. I've been trying to keep up with the debates lately, so I'm sure that's where the president cam in, but the rest was just strange.

PAG said I should share my dream from the other night, so here it is:

I was employed by the federal government to bring farm-fresh egg yolks to the White House every morning, just the yolks. I carried them in my hands. I forgot where the president's breakfast parlor was and got lost. The secret service agent that I ran into, a fresh young lad who looked to be about 15, wouldn't believe that I worked there. Finally, after many efforts to convince him, I said "I can prove I work here. Go find Chris Farley's dad. He knows me," and I guess that convinced him, because he let me pass. I remember feeling intense anxiety as I tried to find the parlor, especially since I'd already lost one yolk by trying to put it in my purse so I could have a free hand to open a door, so I only had 2 left. I have no idea who Chris Farley's father is, had not even thought of Chris Farley any time recently, nor had I any dealings with farm-fresh eggs recently. I've been trying to keep up with the debates lately, so I'm sure that's where the president cam in, but the rest was just strange.

That's pretty strange alright! I love the way your mind made you carry them in your hand. Dreams defy logic!

Back
Top Bottom