Describe the dream you had last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
I thought it might be interesting to read about what others were dreaming and share my own as well.

Some dreams are fun. Others are disturbing.

I'll start off with the one I had before waking this morning:

In the dream, I was in a city of some sort and was working in an office building doing something on the computer. When I went outside, a tall structure much like a roller coaster at an amusement park had a full size train moving up a steep incline on it.

It was a very long train full of boxcars and lots of heavy equipment on flat-cars. For some reason, the highest part of the tracks broke off and the cars were falling off the edge and crashing to the ground in broken heaps.

Everything, even the train cars themselves were destroyed. There were people climbing between the train cars as they neared the edge, and they were trying to hold the cars back from falling by using brute strength, and failing badly.

One by one, each car tipped over the edge and fell, dragging anyone who was trying to hold it back, over the edge to their death.

I woke while I was running through the office building trying to raise the alarm and have someone stop the train before any more cars went over the edge. My heart was racing like crazy when I woke.

I was discussing train travel here on DC yesterday, so I wonder if this is what made this dream happen for some reason. Dreams sure don't have to have any logic it seems.

I dreamed that I was walking in the Kalahari in my Night Gown looking for my wedding ring.
I was searching so long that I got lost and it started to get dark. I found a large rock to shelter me from the wind and fell asleep but kept hearing Wolves howling and I was terrified! I woke up in my dream and started walking again, thirsty and hungry. Started getting really weak and my body hurt from sun burn then I woke up with my son crying for me to wipe his nose. Thank goodness, the dream felt like it went on for hours! Never been so happy to wake up in the middle of the night for restless children..lol!

I have told of a few of my strange dreams in other threads in the past, and my strangest dream ever is described in my blog, but I can't remember last night's dreams! I am looking forward to sharing some more of them here. :cool:

woke up with a start and a sense of unease. don't remember the dream though. probably just as well.

Sometimes your subconscious can detect things that you are unaware of due to sleeping or just not seeing or hearing them.

I always listen to my "inner-voice" and when I wake like that, I explore the house and even look outside to see if something woke me with it's sound.

As weird as it is, my cat Dinky wakes me if there is something going on. He'll scream at my bedroom door until I wake, then he marches like a little soldier in front of me in the direction of the problem.

I had a dream once that someone was standing over me while I slept and they had a big knife that they were going to stab me with! I woke in literal combat mode, jumped to my feet after rolling to the other side of the bed and frantically looked around the room for the guy! My heart was pounding like a jack-hammer and I'll bet my BP was through the roof!

I hate it when I have that type of dream!

can dinky reach the knife drawer, and have you changed his food recently?

Ha! Dinky knows that the kitchen is off-limits to him except for his food bowl. He's a chubby little guy. He has always had food available, 24/7/365 and he has a flowing water dish. Dinky is very, very spoiled. :LOL:

Each night at 6:30pm, he gets just enough buttermilk to fill the cup indent in a saucer. God help me if I'm late with his snack! He knows how to read a clock I think. No knives for the kitty! :ROFLMAO: He has some on his feet! :cat:

I have work dreams...nothing like working all night and then waking up to go to work.

I'm just glad I grew out of having nightmares.

i often dream (in many various situations) that i'm with other people that i don't know in real life, but somehow i seem to know them very well in my dreams, as if i've always known them.

it freaks me out because they're so real, as if they really exist but only on some other plane that i access through my dreams.

there's a lot of them. :huh:

i often dream (in many various situations) that i'm with other people that i don't know in real life, but somehow i seem to know them very well in my dreams, as if i've always known them.

it freaks me out because they're so real, as if they really exist but only on some other plane that i access through my dreams.

there's a lot of them. :huh:

I can just see Rod Serling saying; "It's another you, hidden in the enveloping mists of a second dimension...alive, only within a dream...trapped, in the Twilight Zone!" :ohmy:

There was lots of stuff about being in school and not ever making it to math class and a test coming up. The end of the dream was my sister had put one of her strange, silly games on my computer and I couldn't get it to close. I was trying to get to my e-mail to see if I had to go to class/work. I was yelling at her about being thoughtless and hollering over and over, "turn the damn thing off!" Shrek shook me awake because I woke him up with my yelling.

I usually don't dream about people I know, and I'm not usually myself in my dreams. The last few weeks though, I have been dreaming a lot about all of my family members and about traveling.

My dreams last night were so scrambled I couldn't even describe them. They involved me going to the airport in Raleigh-Durham (but it was much smaller--only 2 planes there). I didn't have the proper paperwork and ended up having to walk somewhere. Later in my dream I was washing clothes at some hotel. Then my husband and a couple kids and I were driving somewhere, and I noticed that one of my cats (actually one who died about 15 years ago) was hanging from the passenger side door, with her claws at the base of the window. I reached out and grabbed her by one of her legs and pulled her into the car.

My dreams ended with James and me lying on a hospital gurney. I don't know if we had any clothes on, but I do know that James didn't have a shirt on. We were covered by a sheet. Anyway, we were on this gurney, rolling down the street! We saw a couple from church, and before I knew it, they were on another gurney (fully dressed, LOL) rolling down the road beside us! James did a great job at controlling the gurney, even missing a huge pothole. There was more, but I don't remember it. :D

Like Buckytom, I dream of people I don't know (my DH has a "girlfriend" about whom I dream every now and again...her name is Julie--the grief I give the DH when I wake up and "bitch" at him for what he's been doing with Julie in my dreams...he gets in trouble for things I dream he does <g>). I usually don't dream of places I know. I also am usually not in the dream, I'm watching it. And, if I don't like where the dream is going, I can stop it and take it in another direction. I dream stories...I can't remember a dream I've had this week, but I do usually wake up and remember my dreams. I have woken myself up laughing. I can also smell things in my dreams and feel things. And yes, I dream in color. I wonder what makes some of us dream of strangers? Or is it a different plane to which we travel where we do know these people...oh, I can see the DH is going to be in even more trouble...

My dreams ended with James and me lying on a hospital gurney. I don't know if we had any clothes on, but I do know that James didn't have a shirt on. We were covered by a sheet. Anyway, we were on this gurney, rolling down the street! We saw a couple from church, and before I knew it, they were on another gurney (fully dressed, LOL) rolling down the road beside us! James did a great job at controlling the gurney, even missing a huge pothole. There was more, but I don't remember it. :D

Gotta tell ya, this last part made me laugh! I got an image of you, your hubby and the other couple flying down the street on those gurneys...:ROFLMAO:

What a hoot!

I was skating somewhere. It was out on the streets, in backyards and then I got to a school where, for some reason I had to skate in one door and go through the building and get out the other side. It had a glass floor, which concerned me. At one point I was skating on cement. It didn't seem like a problem at all.

In my dreams, I can often "float", like jumping down a flight of stairs, but I float down.

I recently dreamed I had my hands in a box of files and I thought to myself that if I was dreaming, I wouldn't be able to feel them, but I could. I didn't catch on that I was dreaming as I usually do when I get a "clue" like that.

Whenever I wonder in a dream if I'm dreaming , I just ask myself how did I arrive here. If I can't remember how, I know it's a dream and I can stop or change it.

In my dreams, I can often "float", like jumping down a flight of stairs, but I float down.

I recently dreamed I had my hands in a box of files and I thought to myself that if I was dreaming, I wouldn't be able to feel them, but I could. I didn't catch on that I was dreaming as I usually do when I get a "clue" like that.

Whenever I wonder in a dream if I'm dreaming , I just ask myself how did I arrive here. If I can't remember how, I know it's a dream and I can stop or change it.

I have the ability to "float" in most of my dreams also, Zhizara. If I ever wake and jump out of bed floating in air, perhaps I'll start believing the story of Frances Naylor.

http://www.printworkschicago.com/artists/schnebgr/schexhb/frances_naylor.pdf

Christopher Schneberger - A Case of Levitation

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom