"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Master Chef

Sofie's down for a rare nap so I'm trying to do a million things at once since I never know if she'll be asleep for 5 minutes or 45 minutes (please let it be 45!). I'm in the kitchen, It's sunny but cold (29 out), I'm eating leftover creamy rosemary chicken pot pie with rosemary dumplings that I made Sunday and have the noon news on softly in the background. Next on the list(s), check my forums, clean a bathroom, straighten Sofie's room, run a load of wash.....and on and on!

Old 02-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I'm sitting at the computer hearing my dh make grinding noises in the garage. I think he is about ready to sandblast some icky part of his new(old) tractor he bought on ebay. I need to get busy, but I've been to Curves, done my turn in the prayer room, had lunch and have about 2 hours to do good before I have to pick up my grandson from school. All the jobs I see seem to be longer than 2 hours, but I will make an effort.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sitting at my (very messy) desk in the office.
Window is open and the sun is out! Sky is blue.
If I get look in the right direction I can see part of Mt. Rainier.
It's truely a beautiful day. I can hear the chickens clucking
and my kitty is sleeping on the stairs. Paul's at work and all
is good in my world.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Running in to check on you guys. Got to get ready to go to a funeral. Keep an eye on my puppy while I'm gone, you all, be back about 2ish.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Sunny day here too pds! What a welcome change!
Aidan is downstairs, watching a movie and believe it or not, he's sitting still! Callum is asleep in my left arm and he grunts with each exhale. Munching on some toast with a praline spread, drinking my favorite hot tea. Spoke to soon, Aidan is now turning on and off the lights :) My feet are cold.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Well. I'm trying to post this and Carson is standing, holding on to the pull out shelf that holds the keyboard and is trying to type for me Then when he can't he gets down and tried to shut off the computer by pushing buttons.. Guess I'd better pick him up, it's time to go get brother Cade from kindergarten..Be back in a few I hope

kadesma
Old 02-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Sunny day here too pds! What a welcome change!
Aidan is downstairs, watching a movie and believe it or not, he's sitting still! Callum is asleep in my left arm and he grunts with each exhale. Munching on some toast with a praline spread, drinking my favorite hot tea. Spoke to soon, Aidan is now turning on and off the lights :) My feet are cold.
lol, i love your descriptions of aidan and callum. that must be fun, albeit exhausting.
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #18
Senior Cook

It's cold, kingy rainy today. I have finished all my housework chores and grocery shopping for today. Word of caution, don't ever retired before your wife, they can think up to many chores for you to do while they are at work...

Later
Old 02-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #19
Master Chef

My computer is on a small table in one corner of my living room. It is nearest to the heater, so it is in the warmer part of the room. My dog, like middie's, is lying at my feet, but he only weighs about 50 lbs. NASCAR is on the TV. Soon I will be watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. I still have jeans and a t-shirt on from work. I have not changed into my comfy clothes, yet.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm back at the computer again, only this time all ALONE In between cruising the forum, I've mopped the kitchen,gone over the wood floor in the dining room and wet mopped the tile hallway,taken starter out for bread. Now I need to gather my wits and get ready to go grocery shopping and pick up some vanletines candy for Ethan and Cade..It will be nice to go out today, it's been sunny and in the 70's the last 2 days and today will be the same..Let's just see how much I get done I started cleaning the plants from away from the fish pond yesterday and can hardly wait to go plant something...

kadesma