"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

I see nothing wrong ethically with creating a substance that would mimic the effects of alcohol. I am of the opinion that if someone wants to take something into their body then they should be able to do so as long as it does not adversely affect anyone else. That is where it gets tricky though.

As for where PanchoHambre said that the main side effect of pot is laziness, I have to completely disagree with that statement. That is often the opinion of people who have had no experience (be it first hand or otherwise) with the drug (and I am not saying that panchoHambre has or has not had any experiences). Yes it can make people lazy, but it can also make people motivated and energized and more active then they would be otherwise, but this is really a discussion outside of the realm of the OP's original topic.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

it makes some people funny, and helps increase your karma points.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #13
Executive Chef

What if you took the pill with booze?

I'd really crank out some entrees then.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post

As for where PanchoHambre said that the main side effect of pot is laziness, I have to completely disagree with that statement. That is often the opinion of people who have had no experience (be it first hand or otherwise) with the drug (and I am not saying that panchoHambre has or has not had any experiences). Yes it can make people lazy, but it can also make people motivated and energized and more active then they would be otherwise, but this is really a discussion outside of the realm of the OP's original topic.
Side effect should have been preceeded by "negative" it is true that I know people who are more creative and productive with a litte weed. It defintley can encourage those who are allready tend to sloth to be even lazier as well. My main point was simply that that this is the worst thing to come of cannabis use (perhaps not good for your lungs to smoke it) and I guess you could consider the munchies a negative.... yet US society does not consider its recreational use ethical and is suspicious of its medical use even though it has considerably less negative effect than many legal substances. My arguement being that if this is illegal I hardly can imagine a new designer drug being leagalized.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

I see what you are saying. Thats for the clarification!