Dick Clark has died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to say I am really saddened by this. I grew up with Dick Clark. When we finally got TV and I got to watch American Bandstand I thought it was the best - and really loved the host. Then as I got older I watched the Pyramid game shows, New Year's Eve from Times Square, etc. He will be sorely missed by many generations!

There goes the only man who was ever younger than me.
img_1130005_0_eecd80b745bdec3e034306f048a1a2f8.jpg

I remember as a little kid watching American Bandstand and learning the Twist with the babysitter. RIP, Dick Clark.

I, too, grew up with Dick Clark and I'm sorry to learn of his passing. However, in recent years I was saddened when whomever did it, trotted him out to reign over New Year's Eve in New York after he'd had a serious stroke. He seemed so frail and visibly had difficulty communicating. I thought it was a travesty and wanted to remember him as a more vital man.

At any rate, he's left many, many people with fantastic memories, which is a legacy that will never die.

I, too, grew up with Dick Clark and I'm sorry to learn of his passing. However, in recent years I was saddened when whomever did it, trotted him out to reign over New Year's Eve in New York after he'd had a serious stroke. He seemed so frail and visibly had difficulty communicating. I thought it was a travesty and wanted to remember him as a more vital man.

At any rate, he's left many, many people with fantastic memories, which is a legacy that will never die.

Actually, Katie, that was of his own doing. They hired Ryan Seacrest to do the major hosting, but Dick didn't WANT to give up being part of it so they gave him those few bits and then at midnight he said goodnight. I agree, it was almost too hard to watch but you had to admire the guy - he stayed with it right to the end!

I hope they continue to call it "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve with Ryan Seacrest" (or whoever)!

Last edited:
Sad indeed. Maybe he just had the persona down to a science but, just like his long time friend, Ed McMahon, Dick Clark always came across on television as a sincerely nice fellow. I don't recall ever hearing anything bad or controversial about him. Most of today's celebrities could take a lesson or two from a class act like Dick Clark.

When I heard this yesterday, it took me back to the first time I was allowed to stay up and watch the Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve show. And that was the beginning of a tradition for me. Another memorable star passes on.

I remember Dick Clark from the $10,000 and $25,000 Pyramid game shows. My mom used to watch all the time. I can still see them on the Game Show Network. When I was a teenager, I think American Bandstand aired on Saturdays, then Soul Train followed it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom