Did you ever see what the peeping toms see?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
when i work midnights, i have to do things to keep myself awake, especially when i know that i have something to work on that requires more-than-a-monkey's brain to be able to fix.

this has led me to look around this site, and one of the things that i've found interesting was the old threads that "guests" were viewing.

the greatest value would seem to be the way both the questions are answered AND asked.

so, i've found a neat way to see what people were asking was to see what guests were viewing.

i guess i'm spying on the peeping tom.

try it and see what you think. it'd be interesting to dredge up old threads.

Well my monkey's brain still isn't up to ape speed yet. How do you tell which thread a guest is viewing?

I think BT's talking about Who's Online, through the Quick Links in the blue bar on top. I've done that a few times, and it is amazing what you find in DC's bowels! It's also handy when you are having a conversation with someone but need to leave DC, and you can see if the other person is even reading your part of the conversation. I can then go to bed with a clear conscience that I am not leaving someone hanging.

Last edited:
Hey, pretty neat!

Amazing that there are so many guests looking at this site! Right now, 17 members and 579 GUESTS!!!

Lee

Most of the guest are not real people. They are computer programs that companies like Google use to get info for their sites.

Buckytom, I think there's a 12-step for your peeping-tom-itis.......lol

Actually, I've done the same *(back when life was much slower)* and it is fascinating! It has also reminded me of wonderful recipes and ideas.

Perhaps we should all just go back into the archives and find something great and make it this week. I'm up for it.

UMMMMM - EXXXXCCUUUUUUUUSE ME........does ANYONE see a correlation here?????????????

BuckyTOM - PeepingTOM

Obviously related!!!!!!!!! :-p

UMMMMM - EXXXXCCUUUUUUUUSE ME........does ANYONE see a correlation here?????????????

BuckyTOM - PeepingTOM

Obviously related!!!!!!!!! :-p

Maybe its his alter ego on the prowl?? Quick.. everyone cover up!!!
Not that I would know if anyone needs to cover up.
:angel:

It has also reminded me of wonderful recipes and ideas.

Perhaps we should all just go back into the archives and find something great and make it this week. I'm up for it.
Maybe we should have a "featured archive of the week" thread put up as a sticky with a link to the old thread. Each week a new post is added featuring another archived thread. Make it a closed thread just full of links.

Restimulate some old debates, dig up some old recipes, laugh at what was meant to be the newest and greatest gadget (that flopped) - that kinda thing.

Just a suggestion...:)

i nominate bilby to be both a site moderator, and the researcher for such a thread!

second, anyone?

(i gotta stop watching "john adams" every sunday night.)

i'm not really kidding on either. isn't it time for an aussie moderator, especially considering the time zone?

join or die!!!!!!

i dunno, bilby. i just like to tell the powers that be how to do things. it annoys them when i'm right, which is reward enough. :-p

sadly, that's only about half of my suggestions. :(

but that's twice as more as anyone else besides you.

i mean the "how to" part, not the annoying part. i'm excellent at the latter. :)

but seriously, there's lots of hours that i see no mod, and if a bunch of trolls were to attack, i'd have to fend them off with sheer wit and obstinance in these hours.
there was a thing, at least it seemed to me (the workings of the site have always been kept mysterious) that an international group of site mods were chosen.

but we're back to being american, it seems. screw 'em. we're the best, and that matters. hoooah!

(i hope elfie, gb, and alix see the humor in this, and i'm only kidding. he hee?)

and if a bunch of trolls were to attack, i'd have to fend them off with sheer wit and obstinance in these hours.
... but you WOULD do and EXCELLENT job!!

I think though it is fascinating looking at what someone else finds interesting... even Google! The other site that I used to moderate for differentiated between a search engine guest and a "real" guest.

Trouble about moderating as a foreigner is some (quite a few really) of the terms/phrases/words used are, well, foreign. There are a lot of things that I would moderate against and a lot of things I would let through just cos it is more the norm here to do that but that wouldn't be appropriate for this site's set up. I'd probably be visiting you in the woodshed!! LOL

Well, doesnt have to deal with this site but...

I am a nite owl, I have to be to work by 8 a.m. and leave house by 7:15 a.m. but I still stay up tell 1.

I have seen kids in my carport, kids egg my car, neighbor fights where a guy gets drug down the street, etc. Too much too tell!

It is entertaining though!!!

Back
Top Bottom