"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Did you see American Idol?

Did anyone see American Idol last night? I am completely disgusted!

Chris should have been the winner of the darned thing and he went off. I know it wasn't my fault, I voted a gazillion (redial) times for him. I cannot believe it! I am sick to my stomach!

In my opinion Elliot should have gone home a long time ago, although this week he was okay so I would have thought Katherine, who has had two bad weeks in a row, should have been voted off. Don't get me wrong, I love her voice, but based on her performances AND forgetting the words - time to go home, sweetie.

I am sure Chris is going to get picked up soon though - and I will buy his CD!

What do you guys think?

Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #2
Cook

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I did watch and I was shocked as well. I thought Katherine would have gone although I wouldn't have been happy with her either.

In my opinion, what happened is that Chris has been consistant in his singing and sings the same types of songs all the time. When the others stepped up to the plate this week, I think some of his fans decided to vote based on the performances rather than just voting for Chris cause he was their favorite.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Head Chef

I didn't see this, but thanks...

It is a surprise that he is gone. I thought he and Katherine were going to be the final two (yes, in spite of her dropping a word or two). A lot of people seem to like Taylor for some reason, but I'm just not feeling it (Elliot either). I think Katherine's voice is amazing, and she just sparkles for the camera. I think she has the most potential to have commercial success (of those remaining). I agree with you about Chris. He'll be fine.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I'm still in shock over this - wow!
Old 05-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
Master Chef

I'm still in shock. I am beginning to wonder if it isn't rig. I mean they never do tell the actual results. Just seems really suspicious to me. Kathryn should of def. been gone as a result of her last few performances.

I heard on Regis & Kelly that Chris got an offer from a band ????? started with a F.....to be lead singer but he turned them down. No matter he'll def. be recording soon and we'll be seeing a whole lot of him.

I was torn between him and Taylor so now my votes are for Taylor.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #6
Master Chef

Simon or Randy will sign him, if not someone bigger. He's too good not to having a contract. I don't like Elliot!! Katherine is good as long as it's her kind of thing. She can't change it up like others. IMO, there still hasn't been as good a singer that can switch from one genre to another like Kelly Clarkson did. I like Taylor also, but, he's a different sound than what we expect an American Idol to be. I'm over it now that Chris is gone. I don't care who wins now.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Texasgirl, I'm with you - I don't want to watch anymore. I say that now til next Tuesday. Anyways, Katherine's voice is great with one type of genre - I agree. I absolutely LOVE Chris' voice and can't wait til he makes a cd. What band made him an offer? Does anyone know? I am wearing black today.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Have to admit I enjoy AI more in the early stages of the season, when they are listening to the truly awful, the untalented, and the clueless. Talk about the vox of yer populi..............

The local newspaper TV critic has a recurring feature article about the show called "We Watch So You Don't Have To."
Old 05-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #9
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
I am wearing black today.
Mm.... You're taking this harder than I thought. You must have really been emotionally invested in this competition. Too bad America didn't know how you felt. I'm sure they would have changed their votes for you... if they had only known. : : sigh : :
Old 05-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Thanks Z - I just feel so bad for him - he really seemed like a great guy - AND - I loved his music. It's a dark day here in my house.