Digital Cameras - thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But in that instance proprietary batteries are no different.

AA batteries for the big win!

img_791870_0_e87ac42d9279f38aeda8ef975059205a.jpg

recipes

Hy everyone,

How are you coping with a "lost recipe" trouble?:chef:

But you still cannot buy an EN-EL3e battery on a cruise ship or at a mini-mart 30-minutes away.
Agreed and I could blow through 500 pictures in one day so if they only get 700 or whatever GB gets (as I haven't see such ability out of the camera I dealt with) I'd still need something charged and ready or readily available.

At this point I think it's fair to say that those convinced that AA are best aren't going to be swayed and those who like proprietary batteries aren't either. This is one of those things where you'll like what you like and no amount of talk is going to convince you the other way.

I still don't like AA battery digital cameras for a totally different reason besides weight and size. I think they make the camera look and feel somewhat 'toyish'.....but that's just me.
Really? My camera looks like an SLR camera and far from "toyish" and it takes 4 AA batteries. My daughters camera slipped into her back pocket and took AA batteries. It was less than an 3/4 inch thick.

Funny thing, I can't find a Fuji that doesn't have a proprietary battery and I need something compact. Grr.

Really? My camera looks like an SLR camera and far from "toyish" and it takes 4 AA batteries. My daughters camera slipped into her back pocket and took AA batteries. It was less than an 3/4 inch thick.

Funny thing, I can't find a Fuji that doesn't have a proprietary battery and I need something compact. Grr.

Like I said, it's just me. I'm kinda weird in that way.

I actually do. Please do not take offense. It is just my opinion, but I think it looks very toyish compared to my dSLR (or even not compared to anything).
Too late. A $500 camera isn't a toy and it doesn't look like a toy if you see it up close. It looks just like my Minolta SLR. Maybe we have two different definitions of what a toy looks like. I see a toy as something like this:

41ZF3HKD9DL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I just looked at the link. Actually, no, it does not look like a toy camera. In fact, you really can't tell that this camera runs on AA's. I was primarily talking about tiny cameras which took AA's.

Thanks roadfix. I never thought my camera looked like a toy, especially not for the price I paid.

I never said it was a toy. You were posted a question asking if it was thought that the camera in the link looked like a toy. I answered. We each have our own opinions and there is nothing wrong with that.

I am glad you love your camera and that it takes great pictures.

I never said it was a toy. You were posted a question asking if it was thought that the camera in the link looked like a toy. I answered. We each have our own opinions and there is nothing wrong with that.

I am glad you love your camera and that it takes great pictures.
No, I asked ROADFIX if he thought it looked like a toy because he was talking about all AA battery cameras looking like toys. It was a specific question for a specific poster not an open invitation to bash someone's personal best friend.

Aesthetically, I like the look and feel of the Canon G10. I love that retro rangefinder look in a digicam. I've been seriously thinking about getting this camera for a little more serious picture taking.

Callisto, I was not bashing your personal best friend. I was expressing my opinion to the question you stated. I respect your right to your opinions. I would hope you would do me the same courtesy. If you have a question for a specific person and do not want others to answer then perhaps you should post that question in a PM and not in a public thread.

In any event, how about we get this thead back on topic now.

Back
Top Bottom