"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBurgh View Post
Oh WOW!! Now I would do that in a heartbeat! As a matter of fact, I have put it on my bucket list. And it's the only thing on my bucket list! I have looked at going to the Maldives before. Not crazy expensive, but the flight is too much from the US. Maybe I'll find me a sugar daddy... Any takers?
I'm w you, Jill. The place looks gorgeous. Check this out.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

All I know is I wouldn't be having a couple beers with my meal ....
That is very...............different

Old 03-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #13
Master Chef

Ummmm.... if you had money to waste... I guess this is one way to do it.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

people are nuts

no no i refuse to go. too high up for me.

babe
Old 03-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #15
Head Chef

I am the ultimate acrophobe, have a very visceral fear of heights.

Have no idea how I can casually get into an airplane, but that doesn't bother me at all. Go figure.

Am among those who have posted that almost any height bothers me. Cliffs, bluffs, canyons, I keep my distance from the edge. And just want to get far away from them.

I know it is a silly phobia but I cannot get over it. It seems to be getting worse.

The only way I could get onto that hanging thing would be under general anesthetic.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #16
Head Chef

Sorry I did not think of this sooner, what if you have to tinkle?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #17
Master Chef

Look out below??
Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #18
Traveling Welcome Wagon

The heights wouldn't bother me (as long as the crane is stable), but if I were paying as much as they did for that meal, I would want more than what looks like a few chunks of fruit (and possibly fish?) and twigs on my plate. You'd be in a mess if you dropped your fork! (Or whoever was walking underneath would be!)

Barbara
Old 03-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #19
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *amy* View Post
I would love to eat there!

Barbara
Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #20
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to darlenemt08
I'm TERRIFIED of heights! I can stand on a chair to change a lightbulb in the ceiling and I can go a little higher but that's it. I've been to the top of the Tybee Island Lighthouse on Tybee Island, Georgia back in Oct. 1988. When I got to the top, I quickly looked over the edge of the rail and then scooched back against the wall and looked around. That was high enough for me. I've flown in a small (?sp) Cessena about a 100 feet off of the ground with my older sister...just to say that I've flown. Then a few months later, I flew commercially to Orlando, FL with my older sister. Was TERRIFIED both times! After all these years, I just can't seem to get myself to fly again. My older brother wants me to fly over to Germany with my older sister next year...if she chooses to fly over there. His wife, 2 grown daughters ((?) 17 & 20 yrs. old), & he live in Germany and are helping to take care of his wife's parents part of the time. My brother & sil said that since they fly over here every few years, I could fly over there for a change. NO WAY! There's NO WAY I could stand to be on a plane for a few hours! The only way I could fly that long is to knock me out for the duration of the flight. LOL

The underwater restaurant is scary to me. I feel that I may get (?sp) clausterphobic. I'm afraid of water...can't swim and can't put my head under water in a pool or the bath tub. I'm OK at the zoo & Sea World when I stand on the flat escalator that goes through a glass tunnel under the shark & etc. fish tank.

Either way, I like the idea of eating my meals in a regular restaurant room. I can enjoy eating my food and can breath better. No amount of money can convince me to eat in either place.

Darlene